1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Reds

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 17, 2019.

1. HTown2017Champs

Next series will be critical in determining playoff seeding. Really want homefield advantage over those f***ers from NY. Last thing I want is those entitled arrogant snowflakes winning #28.

lw17 likes this.
  2. Major

Major Member

Lunhow is not going to overreact to a minor slump. Every team in the history of baseball goes through slumps, even without injuries.

Ours is not even surprising given that we knew were going to struggle with all the injuries. We're doing exactly what you'd expect of a team that's been missing 3 of its 4 top bats.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If this is as bad as it gets we’ll be pretty lucky. Even if the worse case scenario unfolds over the rest of the road trip it won’t actually mean much of anything. But I don’t see that happening anyways. When the end of the season is here we’ll be 15 games or more up on the division and one of the 2 or 3 best record in baseballs. I’m good with that.

biff17 and Major like this.
  4. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Agreed. It doesn't take MLB scouts long to exploit weaknesses, especially when 3 or 4 hitters are guys that should be in AAA. And while the Reds record doesn't look all that good, their young pitching looks legit.

We really need to get our horses back.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Marisnick, Reddick, and Gurriel?

RockFanFirst likes this.
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm glad 8th inning pitcher has a few years with the Stros. If the 9th inning P had given up those runs at MMP, I expect more feminists go to games and give it to him.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Astros are slumping but could easily split the next series (or win). We're still pitching well, just need one or two bats to reignite (looking at you Alvarez). And stop getting thrown out on the bases.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bring up Ted!

10. Buck Turgidson

As far as the 9th inning goes, Hinch was pissed that we gave them an extra base on the Brantley throw home. Him plus Stubbs and Osuna proper ****ed that up, if he stays at 1B who knows what happens.

“The biggest issue was giving up 90 [feet] when we didn’t need to on the play at the plate,” Hinch said. “It lines up Winker to hit a rolling ground ball through the infield. We lose. One of the many things we need to gather ourselves about and figure out before the next series.”

Stubbs didn’t appear to have much of a chance to tag out Peraza considering how far Brantley’s throw was from the plate and how close Peraza was to crossing home.

“It’s frustrating that we were even in that situation, and him to get into scoring position,” Stubbs said. “It’s not what you want.”

Osuna, pitching for the first time in a week, was behind home plate when Stubbs caught the ball, and he didn’t see the ball flying out of his mitt until it was on the ground and Senzel was heading to second. Senzel initially stopped at first before taking off when he saw the ball on the grass.

“Thank God their pitcher had no clue what was going on when the throw was made,” Senzel said. “I think he thought the game was over or something... It was a bad throw, the catcher’s glove came off, Osuna – I don’t know what he was doing. I don’t think he knew where the ball was. I was able to take second, but I have to be there on that throw. I know it’s a do-or-die play, tie game, and I have to take the extra base because the game is not over.”

#570 Buck Turgidson, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  11. Buck Turgidson

"8th inning pitcher" was traded to the Stros less than a year ago.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I took it as thought he meant he still has a few years with the Astros.

I wasn't too surprised by Osuna yesterday...though I wasn't sure what the hell was going on with that play at the plate. I think HInch might kick himself a little for not getting Osuna some time over the last week, even in the blowouts. He didn't look sharp.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

Man sure are a lot of posters coming out of the woodwork when we have some adversity.

Did everyone think we never going to have a losing streak with these injuries?

Astros have gotten people spoiled.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Well, that certainly makes a hell of a lot more sense.