1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela: Possible trade destinations!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

But why do they want Capela when they have Allen on a rookie deal for two more years?

I'm sure you of all people would agree

Allen + Harris > Capela

and

Allen, Dinwiddie + Harris >>> Capela

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Capela to me, is the best player out of that lot in 2019/20. Definitely not better than the sum of those parts next year and Allen has a chance to be a DPOY type on his next contract.

ONLY reason for this would be that it clears out six million this year and locks in a player for 4 more years during the duration of Kyrie's contract at a team friendly deal. Allen is getting maxed out in 2021. There is little doubt to that, especially if he's playing next to Kyrie in New York.

I don't see that happening. Dinwiddie reportedly helped recruit Kyrie, would be strange to see him shipped out.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Nets could easily dump Dinwiddie for no incoming salary if they want cap space, he's good, pretty sure teams like Orlando, Phoenix, Indiana, Boston and other would be interested.

D-rock likes this.
  4. basketballholic

I absolutely agree. Get it done.

It's a rumor. I don't think it's true. I think it was planted by either us or the Nets to force the Celtics to pay more and to get Philly to agree to a deal.

I would think that deal would already be done if it was there. I was simply pointing out that for the Nets to take on Capela....they've got to move out more than 14.8 million in salary to have more cap space to sign two free agents. The Nets traded Crabbe in order to get to the point where they can take in TWO GUYS WITHOUT having to ditch DLo's cap hold. That's why that trade looks lopsided. The Nets are attempting to pair up at least 3 guys....just like we're attempting to do.

And Ainge is attempting to thwart that by having enough cap space to get DLo signed to an offer sheet on the 6th. He really doesn't want to sign DLo to an offer sheet. What he wants to do is create leverage with the Nets so Marks will have to cooperate on a SnT of Kyrie..so Ainge can get something of value back for Kyrie...talent and a huge TPE.

I'm going to keep saying it. There's a triangle of interest between the Celtics, Sixers, and Nets. And we're participating in the doings. Ainge is trying to cockblock the Nets to preserve a future for the Celts. Sixers probably already know both Butler and Tobias are walking. And anybody with a half a brain knows what the Nets are up to. Philly can't afford for both Butler and Tobias to walk and then go naked in free agency. They've got to get something done. Hayward and EGo would be nice replacements for Butler and Harris and maybe a few added goodies as well. There's a synergy here with these 3 teams. Watch it.

#164 basketballholic, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    BallaDoc, Deuce and UTSA2step like this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

No way I'm doing Capela for the #17 pick...***** that!!!

D-rock, charlieaustin and tc0330 like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Capela + contract...? Like Nene?

17th pick just seems poor value for Clint though, unless we're really desperate to dump salary. And, aren't the Hawks without cap space at this point?

tc0330 likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There is absolutely no way Capela ends up being a glorified salary dump, which is what the 17th pick basically is. Capela has very real, very tangible value.

D-rock, tc0330, bilaal14 and 3 others like this.
  9. lionaire

lionaire Member

The 17th belongs to BKN who would be able to absorb his salary out right. And I believe the Hawks still have a significant amount of room available. They've been thrown around as a team that could absorb Adams/others from the Thunder.

Vivi likes this.
  10. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Forget it Paul Crane (or should I call you Paulie Wal-nuts?), the Rockets aren't trading a talent like Capela for what amounts to a number bet on the roulette wheel. But fear not. I'm not sure the Knicks are the least bit sold on Barret at #3 and given they were working out UNC's White this morning, they may still make that trade down to your two picks yet.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i probably confused them with another team.

12. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Hawks have 17 from the Prince trade a couple weeks ago.

To me, a deal for 17 only makes sense if you get 10 as well. However, the plan may be to create a big trade exception to take on another player? Could be a three team-er?

13. jb86

jb86 Member

If we end up getting a pick tonight, I want Bol Bol or Taco.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Me too, but the price we pay for a Bol would be hefty. Taco on the other hand is actually possible. Rockets are big on vertical spacing and Fall checks that box just eith his reach. Also, drafting a 7'5 guy.....what's the worst that can happen?

jb86 likes this.
  15. magichat281

magichat281 Member

He’s pretty good this year most improved ft shooter this year over 70 percent

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Since NO now holds #17 I would do:

Capela for #17, Okafor, E’Tuwan Moore and the ~$6 million trade exception we get back.

17. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Celtics pass on Bol Bol at #14. Capela trade to Boston option still has legs

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

They also drafted a SG while they have Hayward, Brown and Smart...

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jackie Mac(Mullan): One thing, Capela is still in play for the Celtics I think too by the way.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

how do the rockets get a starting c if they trade capela?