1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Chron Sources: Rockets aggressively pursuing Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

What if Tillman made up some crazy trade to see if there are any leaks. Way to go man, you ratted out your friend!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone tweet this and tag vincent goodwill quick!!

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

One thing i would say is, for as much **** has been said lately about CP3's contract being untradable bla bla, i'm not really sure that's true. If by moving Conley (who's younger, not declining yet, and with a one year shorter and cheaper contract) you can get back basically three 1st round picks, i wouldn't bet against Chris Paul having a 1st round pick kind of value for teams like Orlando/Phoenix and others, that they've been ass for many years and will never get a better player in free agency anyway. All the talk about "no one takes him even for free"...i don't know, i mean, i could be very well wrong, but i wouldn't bet on that.

Relativist, Rasheed and RichieBanks like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i just dont understand why we would want wiggins if we're planning on getting butler.

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I heard that trade rumor on the radio today. I think he was told Fertitta was meeting with Paul's agent and just put two and two together. They could be discussing another trade or how to squash the rumors and mend fences.

6. AkeemOlaDROwon

I don’t like Wiggins either. I don’t like that trade and I hope it doesn’t happen. He didn’t share what stage of talks they were in but
    Honestly it’s not like I was bored and just thought I want attention. I’m more a lurker than a poster since joining. Ive appreciated all the news from reputable insiders over the years. So I feel If I hear news that I truly trust then I should share it.

lilbird20, BallaDoc, mikol13 and 7 others like this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

bro. im just f*cking around. post whatevre you want i'll like all of it. at the end of the day we're both rooting for the same team to win it all and thats all that matters.

BallaDoc likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't get it either but like i said, for what we know that could be just part of a much bigger trade, one of multiple trades or even just a random idea by one of the guy who had the conversation lol...and i mean, strange things happened in the nba in terms of trades etc, unexpected things happens sometimes.

One curiours thing here though, i'd say is that all the teams involved in this rumor are from the same circle, Morey, Ainge and Rosas.

BHannes2BHonest and tc0330 like this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Can we get a Clutch statement: AkeemOlaDROwon > Cyberx > Chronicle???

Just messing with you OlaDROwon. Appreciate you stopping by. But even one treading as lightly as you did is going to get bit if you choose to hand feed the pirahnas

10. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It is what it is, bro. I've been in the position in the past where I was privy to some "inside" info. Sometimes the people we know end up being in a position where they hear things, and they pass it along to us. Doesn't mean anything will come to fruition, but it's cool that you decided to share what you heard with us. Any more info you get that you can share with us would be much appreciated.

lilbird20, BallaDoc and Rasheed like this.
  12. AkeemOlaDROwon

He mentioned another considered 3 team trade but said it wasn’t as substantial as the Wiggins trade. It would involve Ego to cavs Capela to Boston and love to Houston

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yikes 2.0

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i wonder if morey going for wiggins as a trade chip instead of using him.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Reeko can’t stand players like Andrew Wiggins

arubato, mikol13, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  16. AkeemOlaDROwon

I got more info on the sources. I won’t specifically say which verified reporter it was but it was one of them. They met at the restaurant before heading to Toyota center for the draft.

Also said Fertitta is somewhat clueless and PR teams has been working diligently to cover his tracks.

lilbird20, mikol13, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefully the CP3 rumors aren't true but it's about Jimmy Butler

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've got this mental image of Fertitta walking around TC like he's Todd Packer. I bet Morey constantly "forgets" to send calendar invites to Tilman for staff meetings, only to have a drunk Tilman burst through the door right as the meeting is starting, look around, and be like, "Sup nerds.....gay yet??" while Morey eyerolls himself to death.

BHannes2BHonest, Vivi, tc0330 and 2 others like this.
  19. gulfstream

gulfstream Member

do you think we get JImmy but just signing him or would it be a trade? Wiggins also has a big contract that would hurt our cap space? Why not just get Hayward?

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I’m liking you more and more every post. Keep it up