1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BR/Ken Berger] Chris Paul's agent requested a trade two weeks ago

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2019.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The Rox would trade Paul if they could but his contract is one of the worst contracts in the league.

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

This story doesn't sound too far fetched...somebody Photoshop Morrey's head on Baghdad Bob

BleedsRocketRed and ickaruto like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Chris Paul as the current/ex head of the players' association would not admit to demanding a trade even if he did. So him saying it's not true doesn't mean that much.

Corrosion, Dacamel and bmelo like this.
  4. Major

Major Member

When we hear rumors about Kawhi or Butler or anyone else, we automatically believe anonymous sources about players being upset or frustrated or wanting out. Why is it when it's about the Rockets, people assume it's not true? These media outlets don't just all make stuff up.

5. Major

Major Member

Everyone denies demanding a trade. Kawhi last year and Anthony Davis this year both denied it. Did you believe them?

Dacamel, bleedroxred79 and Denovo like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

they sure make it extremely dramatic. there's a difference there. what is it that makes alot of this untrue? umm the fact that multiple rockets personnel have all came out and said what they had to say. but hey cf's apparently thinks random sauces is more credible than actual real people part of the organization. cool

you act like the media hasn't been completely been wrong about a ton of things. that's nothing new. of course they put their own opinions to these things. there's a reason why a ton of players all across the world hate the media because of this very issue. making stuff up, bad reporting, failure to do the actual research, whatever call it what you want. this is the era of media drama to get recognition and clout. its not about actual real accurate news.

we have people on espn so dumb that they report a clear troll twitter post as real news. LOL.

#26 YOLO, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I almost don't care whether it's technically true or technically untrue that Paul requested a trade. Bottom line, this story is fully consistent with the history of Chris Paul (it was the same story about him, the impatience and berating, when he left the Clippers) and the history of James Harden (I just want to play my game). Two guys with some things in common, and many things setting them apart, came together and had a great season -- so everything seemed fine -- and then had a not-so-great season, and now all the things that set them apart are rearing up and alienating them from each other.

Either they decide to work it out, or they don't. But this friction is fundamental to their personalities. It's gonna be with us as long as they're both still here. And eventually, it's gonna drive them apart.

Easy, Stormy1234, hongxingli and 2 others like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It could be... BUT the journalist should know who the anonymous source is.

So, that is how we end up in this situation where we are laughing at journalist for being so "bad" at their profession these days. Remember the rumor a month ago where SAS or someone of his ilk was sourcing someone like a hairdresser or something?

So, absolutely, it COULD be that.

I choose to believe that when there is THIS MUCH confirmation from various sources, each adding more tidbits, its not just one guy copying another, or some random guy or organization with a grudge. I choose to believe the middle ground I laid out for the moment.

Dacamel likes this.
  9. macan

macan Member

all these dam media outlets man..if we are not the most hated team in this league then i don't know what is...

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well at least this will all fade tomorrow once we get to the draft

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

If Chris & James are modeling the jerseys tomorrow, I'll know this is all fake. ;)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. ReturnOfTheMac

Idk what to believe anymore

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

ESPN is trying to make the rockets the nba version of the cowboys. Always talked about for the wrong reason.

rgw20014life likes this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You're right that he would never admit it and he wouldn't confirm the story (if it's true), but in my mind he probably wouldn't deny it either. If it were true I think his move would be to remain silent. Seeing him come out and deny the report like an hour after it was released is a pretty strong statement to me.

Blatz, everyday eddie and dc rock like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Richie_Rich, Dacamel and mikol13 like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pfft they're both too out of shape for that. I don't even know who our models would be. We need to quickly trade back for Dwight and Parsons.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Everything in the article seems like it could be true. We know that Chris can be difficult. Chris is a competitor and is very confident in his abilities. Chris likes to be the leader. But, lets face it. The Rockets probably can't move Chris and his contract. Everyone is going to have to bury the hatchet and make the best of it.

The Rockets worst nightmare is Harden getting fed up and requesting a trade. If that happens, then the crap hits the fan and everything blows up. I strongly suspect that the Rockets have tried to trade Chris in order to appease Harden. So, it's really going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks. I'm guessing that Harden and Chris decide it's in both of their best interest to patch things up and move forward. Let's hope for the best.

Stormy1234 and kjayp like this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

where there is smoke there is fire. this stuff didnt just come out of thin air. everything is not fine here.

Stormy1234, Little Bit and Corrosion like this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I love how people keep throwing quotes like they mean something... "oh well he said..." - its all about the spin game...

20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

So it's absolutely the same person being sourced for all these stories right?

Richie_Rich and Dankstronaut like this.