1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 Told ScreamingA.Smith That He Wants To Stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Maybe out of Houston for a summer vacation is what he meant?

apollo33 and ball king23 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

SAS: (Instagram response) Sometimes his brother handles & posts thing as well. They're brothers. When his brother speaks for him, that's Chris Paul.

Will he be on the Rockets next season?

SAS: I think he will. It's very difficult to move his contract. ... It's not impossible he could be moved but highly unlikely. There is a exception potentially.

You're the Sixers. You want to keep Butler & Harris. From what I'm told, folks are finding it difficult that they can co-exist. It's not that they dislike each other or any of that stuff. Simmons, you don't want to let him go. Embiid & what he brings. Harris, Redick, Butler - if Butler is having discussions, which I personally have been told Butler & Harden have been talking about Butler coming to Houston. Yeah you can go as a free agent or you could sign & trade.

If you are the Sixers & you believe you'll use Jimmy Butler, considering the money Butler wants, if I'm the Sixers & I can get my hands on CP3 to run that offense?

If you're gonna pay Butler but Butler is interested in leaving, then you have a Chris Paul. Unlike with Harden in Houston, Chris Paul won't mind being off the ball with Simmons because Simmons is looking to pass. He can't shoot. Only problem is you're talking about revisiting a Paul-Redick combination which to me doesn't necessarily work.

I don't think the Rockets will get what they want.

Vivi likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

All this shows this network and others have an agenda.... They want Paul off the rockets more than he does. News from DM and cp3 himself was deemed untrue but here we are...

BigShasta likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

to the point about the raptors, kawhi easily has a better supporting cast than harden, especially up front

its a shame what golden state has done to this team.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. rocketseagles07

This. He’s fine scoring 5 if they win. I think his issue is he doesn’t think we can win like this

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Stephen A got his views

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Seriously. That misquote makes my blood boil. And in 2019 it most definitely is not an original line anymore...that it’s also like, kind of insensitive to the astronauts risking their lives for the exploration of space? I mean it wasn’t a joke at all. Why is it ok to use that actual life and death situation to poke fun at a city WHEN THEY’RE NOT EVEN USING THE REAL QUOTE.

Stupid, insensitive schtick thats more worn out than a literal old hat.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He pointed this out in the middle of the season, before or beginning of the playoffs, or after they got kicked out?

10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

It truly boggles my mind the folks and pundits who emphatically state that Houston’s iso style doesn’t work. How does it not work when this style has consistently resulted in being a top 2 or 3 team? In year 1 under D’Antoni, Rockets had the third best record in the NBA. Beat the crap out of OKC in round 1 and in the second round took the Spurs to 6 games. Yes the final game of that series was awful but prior to the game the series could have gone either way.

Second year, best record in the league by a mile, steamrolled through the first 2 rounds and had the Warriors on the ropes but CP3 got injured at the worst possible time.

This past season the Rockets had an awful start to the year with major roster holes. After an 11-14 start they rockets finished the year 42-15. If they started even halfway decent they would likely be in contention for a top 2 league record. In round 1, Rockets again steamrolled their opponent, a very good Jazz team that the Rockets literally toyed with again using their iso heavy style. Round 2, as disappointing as the end result was, the series truly could have gone either way (with or without Durant). To this last point, Clint Capela was a total non factor and we didn’t even have an adequate backup option. Think about that, the Rockets as a team with no size and considering the significantly worse play from CP3 still managed to fight tooth and nail against the Warriors.

So seriously, the Rockets problem isn’t their style of play. It is the fact that there was an all time team with 4 All NBA level players in their way. It’s also quite ironic but the only team that managed to beat this Warriors team were the 2016 Cavs who played a eerily similar iso heavy style that the Rockets play. The Raptors, who aren’t as iso heavy as the Cavs and Rockets, had a hard time putting away an absolutely depleted Warriors team. Hek, who knows what might have happened if Klay didn’t get hurt in game 2? Would Toronto have jumped out to 3-1 lead? Who knows what would have happened if he then didn't tear his ACL in game 6? Certainly reasonable to think there would have been a game 7. Hell...even after Klay left the game, the Warriors still had a chance to take win the game in the final seconds. I guess in conclusion, all we can say is that haters gon hate...

#30 Elephant810, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is a fair take from Stephen A Smith. And it is inline with MacMahon's story. (Goodwill story is trash).

There is nuance here.

All stems from a better BLEND of offense. And that starts with MDA making changes that trickle down to Harden and CP.

So, are there choppy waters here? Sure. I believe that. Is this "unsalvageable" as Goodwill stated? I do no believe that.

Again there are degrees.

Elephant810, tc0330 and YOLO like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This line of thinking is probably Ryen Russilo says CP "wants out."

Wants out because he "hates" Harden?
    Wants out because he does not like the offensive balance?

It is about the offensive balance. He is frustrated. This is something that can be fixed.

clutchdabear and Elephant810 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Probably very likely.

14. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Well he has to try and keep his credibility. He's the one that originally reported that Paul wants out. If he asked Paul that question, and Paul refuted it, then if he reports it, Smith is going on air either saying "I'm a liar", "my sources are unreliable" or, "I'm making stuff up", things I'd imagine he doesn't way to say or imply.

Newlin and RayRay10 like this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Bingo...and millions of fools will continue to watch him and believe what he says.

Elephant810, tinman and bro2044 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

good point. that would basically throw himself under the bus and what he reported

bro2044 likes this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Its silly to say it doesnt work, or it can't work, when Rockets have played well against Warriors 2 playoffs in a row and been ousted 2nd and 3rd round by an all-time great team. Rockets f'd around too much last offseasons and early season, only got the roster right (persay) with a couple months left and ran with it. Had Clint and House produced against GSW (and if Game 1 had been called correctly), I think we win that series.

The problem though is system and role players. Harden & CP3 can work given the right applications, and all this drama is bs smoke. Crazy how it blew up out of nowhere.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So SAS just admitted he made this all up based on his own thoughts and feelings?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Cp3 is not damn good ,hes is just good ,while i will say his cap hit is damn high which is a reason we have no depth .You are paying cp3 like a top 5 player while he producing like a top 10 pg