1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IG: Jimmy Butler In Houston, Drives Past "Be Someone" Into Heavy Traffic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TipsyDixit, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t doubt someone on here said it.
    I doubt anyone posting on here knows what Jimmy is thinking and feeling.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Think any poster on here is gonna run into him at a bar and then tell us he told him what his plan was?

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I hope Jimmy is ok after driving into heavy traffic

4. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

If Daryl Morey pulled that off, all hell would break loose.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Shame on you.
    You’re turning our wishful thinking of Butler into Butler and Horford.
    I just want to emphasize that we are not doomed if we bring back our starting 5 and add one bench veteran.

Edit: Why are you talking about a pick from Boston? You’re saying Boston would give us Horford and a pick for Capela?? Confused there

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like Horford will end up with the Clippers...at least if Kawhi signs there (which is what i expect).

Chad Butler likes this.
  7. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

It was CyberX

8. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Posted in another thread. WIll drop it here now to answer your question.

I find the recent news about Horford in the news intriguing. I have a hard time believing that Horford would want out when he and his family has been vocal about their love of Boston effusively. It's hard to believe that the relationship has soured that quickly and it's not just negotiating ploys from Horfords end to get more money. Nevertheless, this is the same guy that spurned ATL when he supposedly loved it there too. I'll toss my hat in the ring to see if there are plausible ways to get Horford here.

Scenario 1: Horford SNT

I do not like this option as it hard caps us. It would also behoove Horford to take his player option of 33 million and re up the next year. But if he wants future security than I get it.

Trade 1: Horford SNT for 80 million 4 years with max 8% raises (possible picks coming to us) FOR Capela and Nene and NGT

If we go this route and Houston is hard capped than I think we need to use all resources under the sun to get as close to the hard cap as possible resulting in

Trade 2: Butler for Gordon and NGT and picks from Boston or us

The hard cap is set at 138 million. We cannot exceed that in the event that Horford is SNT to us

Apron (138,000,000)
    Paul (38,506,482)
    Harden (38,150,000)
    Butler (19,841697)
    Tucker (8,349,039)
    Horford (17,146,776)

I would then use as much of the NT-MLE and BAE since we have already invoked the hard cap. The team would then look like

Apron (138,000,000)
    Paul
    Harden
    Butler
    Tucker
    Horford
    JAM (at close to 9 million of NTMLE would try to underchange him a bit and give him options for the underchange)
    Rivers (at close to 3 million of BAE as possible). Would also take any combo guard that would accept BAE like Collison, Ellington, Bullock, Burk, Curry or any other combo forward)
    Minimum
    Minimum
    Minimum
    Minimum
    Minimum

With the above 7 players you would get very close to the apron. However, the math after that can be done to fill out the roster with a combination of incomplete roster charge/veteran minimum (if signing a new contract would only count for 1.5 million)/minimum

Scenario 2: Horford Opt in and Trade

I like this option more since it doesn't force you into a hard cap situation. You could get Horford his extra 33 million and match salaries with NGT/Shump/Nene to maximize our assets and probably pry an extra asset or two out of the Celtics

However, we would not have the NT MLE or BAE in this scenario to fill out the roster.

Conclusion:
    I like scenario 2 since it avoids the hard cap and utilizes availabe assets more. But who cares about having flexibility for the buy out market that is largely unfruitful. If working under the hard cap we would be able to use more of the MLE and only hard cap ourselves for 1 year

Morey could field a superteam if the stars align and get them all the contracts they want.

rgw20014life and Reeko like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not sure if it was, but if it was, I doubt CyberX knows what’s going through Jimmys head.

10. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Did jimmy just delete the post?

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s not that simple. I’m Elton Brand. I know Houston can’t sign him any way possible. I tell him I won’t facilitate a trade, but the 5 year max is still available if you want it.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's that simple if for Butler is also ok to sign with the Lakers, Clippers, Nets etc though.

Butler can say "hey, my preference would be to sign with Houston (so, you can work to a trade with them, get something back and send me to the other conference, or you can lose me for nothing and maybe watch me sign with a conference rival like the Nets)"

luckyman76 and Lurch like this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Nope, still there.

14. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

He's headed in the wrong direction..

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What's the deadline for Jimmy to opt in?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

June 29

KlutchQT likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Elton Brand not wanting to help another team like Houston out in a Butler trade means he’s stupid. Why? Because his team is going to operate without caproom for the foreseeable future after they max out Harris this summer and then extend Simmons next summer. Why not get a player that can take Redick’s spot and pick up a pick or two for his troubles?

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can't find, can you link?

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Go to his ig and click on his story (profile pic)

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member