1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Going to a Store: Over It

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Went shopping today for a few items and ended up thinking, wtf did I even bother?

1. Went to Fry's for an SD Card reader. Not only is the parking lots in these stores a total PITA to get in to, the massive size of the store then the winding checkout means it took me 20 minutes to park, go in, find my item, then get back into my ride.

2. Went to Hobby Lobby to buy a glass cutter. I couldn't find it so I asked an employee. She looked me right in the eye and said 'It's in crafts, just keep going, you'll see it'. The whole effing store is crafts, lady. I decided to just get it on Amazon. I did find a sweet octopus toilet paper holder half price so that was a pro.

3. Went to Home Depot to pick up an online order. Stood in line for ten minutes with ten other people, while we all watched five employees 'help' one person while watching employee 1 talk to them. I turned around and walked out, canceled the pickup when I got home and just had it shipped. Not sure WTF I was thinking.

We have been getting groceries delivered for the past two years and it's completely worth the price. Any time I have to go to the grocery store, I am lost if my wife wants some nuanced thing like a spice.

One of the few stores I enjoyed just walking around was Toys R Us and Mittens killed it.

Say what you will about Amazon and other online markets driving brick and mortar out of business, but honestly, it's more quality of life for me. Saves me time, vehicle usage, and frustration.

[​IMG]

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Water is wet...

3. TheresTheDagger

Man doesn't like shopping.

THIS IS EARTH SHATTERING AND TOTALLY UNEXPECTED NEWS!

Sajan, Deckard, BruceAndre and 2 others like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I thought I was the only dude that hated shopping..

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, I love grocery shopping- gets me out the house, looking at new products, gets the mind wandering about making meals and on top of that, theres some good looking moms shopping as well. Once all these brick and mortars are gone, well all be sorry, complaining about no where to go and nothing to sample before buying.

You cant do a home project without messing up a few items and that would be a b**** with online purchasing. Imagine waiting on the right coupling for a week cause the first one you ordered was the wrong size.

Buck Turgidson, Rashmon and da_juice like this.
  7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Spices are one of the main things that get named in grocery store aisle signs though

LonghornFan likes this.
  8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Life is hard.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

When there are crowds shopping sucks the big one...I always go during 'off hours'. Early in the morning (nobody there, but they're usually stocking) or the middle of the day during the week (about 10am-12p). It sounds like you have issues with the crowds for the most part...can't think of a person that actually LIKES shopping while a bunch of folks are there, so i imagine somewhere close to 100% of people can relate to the frustration lol.

The Hunted likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You should try surfing the internet. For example, if you have a pet there are sites like pets.com you can order things like treats or toys for said pet. Good luck.

Os Trigonum and da_juice like this.
  11. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG] using a cart like this 'll enhance your shopping experience

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Millennials RUINING strip malls!

Humanity is DoomeD

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i usually have an assistant help me go to the store for the little things. other stuff i'll buy online.

whenever i'm out i'll look at stuff i'm interested in and buy online, much easier than carrying bags around the mall and to your car. unless it's hot topic, you have to go there and get the full experience while purchasing the hottest apparel in pop culture.

IBTL, OmegaSupreme and Xerobull like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So if your SO says 'get nutmeg' you know which bloody nutmeg to get?

Thank you for your empathy.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you would just grow up and buy that helicopter this wouldn’t be an issue.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

if teh wifu asks me to get nutmeg, i'd say wat is nutmeg, and then tell her to buy it herself unless she wants to risk me messing up her ingredients for dinner.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love going to the grocery store. I would never do that online

18. Buck Turgidson

Hardware stores and grocery stores cannot be replaced by your robots and helicopters. Oh, and sporting good stores are awesome to wander around in for impulse purchases, even if you know the 1 thing you went there for.

Keep trying, young'uns. The spices must flow.

Oh, and is anyone else curious what Xero's Home Depot to-go order was, given that the store he mentioned before that was Hobby Lobby?

K mf G likes this.
  19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I too get crippling anxiety when I have to buy oregano.

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Grocery stores and sporting goods stores I don't mind going to.

Fry's and Best Buy can suck a nut. Same with Hobby Lobby and those craft stores.