1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones unplugged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, Apr 1, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

As usual for newroxfan, this is pretty dishonest and scummy. The child p*rn was on emails sent to an infowars account. So it's on the infowars server. It wasn't sent by jones.

I'm no Jones fan, but this sounds like total bullshit.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Infowars host Alex Jones accused of threatening Sandy Hook lawyers after child p*rn is found in his electronic files, court document says
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/18/ale...sandy-hook-families-contained-child-p*rn.html

3. NewRoxFan

Judge sanctions Alex Jones for claiming child p*rn frame
    https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Alex-Jones-lawyer-Halt-Sandy-Hook-lawsuits-14014165.php[/QUOTE]

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

From the plaintiffs:

These images were sent to Infowars and were found on the servers.
    If they were sent from Infowars, I would feel different.
    I dunno what the truth is, but is Jones guilty of being sent child p*rn?

P.S. Child p*rn is bad.

#64 sirbaihu, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. tallanvor

6. NewRoxFan

So you think the headline should read, "jones unintentionally provided child p*rn images to the Sandy Hook families before sending threatening emails to the Sandy Hook lawyers"?

OK, I'm fine with the headline change.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. tallanvor

Or how about 'someone emailed Alex Jones's infowars child p*rn'?

That's all this story is.

8. NewRoxFan

According to the threats alex jones made to the Sandy Hook lawyers... the lawyers put the child p*rn on alex jones web site. Which raises an interesting question... if someone is found with child p*rn on their computer, are they liable? Oh wait... jones threatened the Sandy Hook lawyers. So I guess there is more to the story.

https://jsberrylaw.com/blog/what-counts-as-possession-of-child-p*rnography/

It will be interesting to find out what happens when its a company server. Suspect the company is required to contact law enforcement as soon as its discovered. Also suspect it can't be deleted since its evidence.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

He's a nut job is what he is.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The plaintiffs themselves imply Jones was not aware of the images.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So Jones spread child p*rn out of a lack of due diligence. He should pat himself on the back.

That's the narrative Jones' lawyer is going with and the plaintiffs are letting it go because that isn't the central premise of the complaints towards Jones.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sure. He was totally lame not to do due diligence.

It seems like you think I'm defending the guy. . . . As far as I know, I only stated a couple facts without any commentary on Jones.

It seems like simply posting a fact is taken to be partisan, sometimes.

Don't red people and blue people hate me equally here? I must be neither one.

#72 sirbaihu, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...come on now...:);)

..."...due diligence..." has never been Alex Jones' raison d'etre for anything he's done...

...that's almost like saying there shouldn't be any consequence for furthering an obvious and blatant lie...
    ...especially if that business plan is your way to make a ton of money.

What Jones should do is become some kind of ordained minister.

...last I checked, a bunch of them can say and do whatever the hell they want, and they get to keep all that money they rake in and the government never says a word to them...!

...he'd get a fairly decent head-start on any type of enforcement or censure, anyway...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I edited my post and i think we posted simultaneously....

I agree: Jones is not about due diligence.

The material was not released to the public. So I don't think he really spread it.

Jones' attorney claims the FBI are treating Jones as a victim of the child p*rn.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seems like a few things going on in this weird case.

1. Infowars had child p*rnography, which is a problem, but they don't seem to be aware they had it, so you probably can't prove a crime.
    2. Related, their lawyers didn't do due diligence on what they provided. Makes more work for the counterparty, but also gives them an advantage, so I don't know why they're complaining.
    3. Someone sent Infowars child p*rnography, which is definitely a crime. They should track down where it came from.
    4. The idea that it came from the opposing lawyer seems pretty ridiculous, but if they find it it did, he should be disbarred and indicted.
    5. "One million dollars to put your head on a pike" sounds like a credible threat and a public incitement to violence, so Jones gets himself into even more trouble.
    6. He seems like enough of a nutjob that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he actually seeded the child p*rn himself so that he could fabricate a conspiracy theory in which the opposing lawyer is trying to destroy him.

16. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...always go with the nutjob answer!

17. NewRoxFan

btw, child p*rn (any p*rn, for that matter) being stored on a company server creates a liability issue for the company. You'd think a bloggers web site would be doubly concerned about the possibility of the web site being attacked. Especially one with over 10 million visits monthly. Especially one with its own history of posting fake.

But all companies have to protect against attacks from the outside. Here's a legal blogs discussing this topic, focusing on steps the company must take...

1) First: avoid the situation in the first place. Hire experts to install software that blocks access to all p*rnography sites from any of your company’s computers;

2) Second: have clear computer system usage policies. State that under no circumstances may corporate computers be used to view, possess, distribute or create anything that is inappropriate, including child p*rnography. State that the company has complete access to all company-owned computers and their content, and then monitor the computers regularly. Make plain that the company has unlimited rights to discipline employees to the full extent of the law – up to and including immediate termination – for inappropriate or unlawful use of company computers, and that any suspected use of company computers for any inappropriate purpose may be reported to law enforcement;

3) Third: monitor your computer system and employee use with random monitoring programs that can’t be anticipated, even by your sophisticated computer users;

4) Fourth: create – and then educate your employees about – clear reporting procedures. Tell your employees, in writing, that any suspicion of child p*rnography in the workplace must be reported immediately to management, who will then report it to federal, state, or local law enforcement. Be sure that your procedures cover circumstances where the manager to whom such a report would normally be made is the child p*rnography possessor. This is similar to the way your harassment policy should already be structured. Also, be sure your IT people (who often will be the “first responders”) don’t do anything that would damage a law enforcement investigation, taint or destroy evidence, or “leak” juicy gossip to other employees;

5) Fifth: finally, if you do become aware that child p*rnography exists on your computers or network, respond quickly. Get your lawyer involved immediately, so that law enforcement personnel can be notified ASAP. If your corporate policies allow it and law enforcement approves, have your lawyers hire forensic consultants to search your entire network, servers, back up tapes, laptops, and home office hard drives owned by your company for any additional illegal material, and immediate share the consultant’s findings with law enforcement. Institute appropriate disciplinary procedures against any alleged wrongdoer, and don’t forget to consider whether anyone knew about it but looked the other way;
    https://sjlaboremploymentblog.com/child-p*rnography-on-workplace-computers/

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Child p*rn is almost too mundane for his level of crazy. I would expect that Alex Jones is sexually aroused by railroad trestles or p-type transistors or deja vu or some other random thing.

Why anybody would willingly listen to Alex Jones free associating for four hours is completely beyond me. It is essentially four hours of listening to a paranoid schizophrenic babble about CIA mind control transmitters in his fillings. I'd feel like I needed to wash my brain to keep from catching something after that.

19. NewRoxFan

Hey... someone we know gets content from that site...

note: twitter ended up blocking the video.

sirbaihu likes this.
  20. TheresTheDagger