1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Sources: Chris Paul wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    This is a very different story if Paul wants out.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Who would you guys like? Who would you pair with Harden?

HP3 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh yes of course. keep spinning it the way some of yall want

HP3 likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There’s way too much smoke here.

tc0330 likes this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i just wanna win man. sorry for being yanked around with these reports just like everyone else.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i cant wait for the awards show next week for them to laugh at it even harder

HP3 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like that's actually it lol

Quinncy likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DM definitely has blame in this.

But bear in mind 12 months ago Kawhi was an "unlikeable" teammate "faking" an injury to the extent he was being called out by his teammates in interviews. And MJ, KG, Kobe... not exactly likeable guys either.

I think its a bit more nuanced than "is this guy a likeable leader".

9. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--
    Bingo.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty sure everyone here does but people need to realize whats being put out and compare to what we know. i have no idea why people around here want to be so dramatic and just disregard everything we've been told straight from the horse's mouth and now cp3 is out here having to respond

HP3 likes this.
  11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He said it in a response to an Instagram post about this story

12. barnsleyfan123

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You kind of have to be.

Do you think if the Knicks strike out on star level FAs this offseason they should spend a bunch on tier 2/3 players, or be prudent about it?? Cause the right answer is obviously be prudent. It's the GM's job to figure it out.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like CP3 took notice:

HP3, Ramo$e, Mr Chuck Norris and 2 others like this.
  15. Raven

Raven Member

Paul's contract is toxic, and you can bet the Rockets have told Paul's agent to find a trade partner, and you can be just as sure that the Rockets won't get one offer that doesn't bring a horrible contract in return or want multiple picks added to the deal to justify acquiring Paul.

Nobody in the league is going to do the notorious Morey any favors, especially a WC team. It's literally the mistake that derailed the Rocket's chances of winning a championship in Harden's prime. A team killing contract, and Morey made it.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's not really true. The first time any of us ever heard of this dude was when he went a pro-Giannis anti-Harden take show publicity tour last Spring. So you're saying instead - we have to switch back to taking him at "just the facts" style reporter? I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm not saying he's wrong but it seems pretty regurgitative (without crediting the guys who broke it first):

Chris Paul wants out

^This is lifted word-for-word from Stephen A.

Paul then signed a four-year, $160 million deal that owner Tillman Fertitta has complained about ever since, sources said, and Paul’s subsequent injury-riddled season — he played 58 regular-season games for the second consecutive year — created even more frustration.

^This was reported by Shams a day ago. Is that his sources? At least note that you're confirming the guy who broke it first.

Harden’s ball-dominant style and unwillingness to give others like Paul space to operate have grated on Paul, leading to the nine-time All-Star issuing his trade demand to Rockets general manager Daryl Morey after the season.

Sources said Paul would curse at head coach Mike D’Antoni about the offense bogging down after Harden would ask to come into the game to join the second unit, with Paul heading to the bench.

^This was generally noted in the McMahon article yesterday.

Again, maybe he talked to the same source, that's fine, but seems like bad form and bad journalism to not note that you've confirmed previous reports, even if it's from the same source.

seeingred, HP3, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i gotta agree with you. i feel fed up

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thank goodness CP3 didn't wait for the NBA Awards to comment.

HP3, harold bingo and bro2044 like this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all of this. But Morey and Harden , and the fans also knew his age and his injury history before they signed him. They knew the risks as well.

Instead of making an adjustment like maybe less CP iso and more a traditional offense when he has the ball, we choose to put him out there in the media, and try to further embarrass him. I’m sure that he his aware of how poorly he played in the playoffs. So now since they don’t want him (if the reports are true) then just let the man walk if someone will have him and let him keep whatever dignity he has left. If Lebron wants to save his friend then so be it.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Vincent Goodwill talked some **** about Harden during the MVP talks btw, if this is confirmed to be another Broussard kind of move i hope he gets roasted.