1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Sources: Chris Paul wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 18, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol no it doesn't. he literally just went on air a few hours ago and said he isn't going backwards by getting rid of either. its like people only listen to fake news rather than the actual person in morey. that makes no sense

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"CP3 has went to the front office and demanded a trade"

and the cookie crumbles. Now I know why so many fans hate CP3.

It was CP3's fault for not showing up in the playoffs and now he blames it on Harden.

Also, it makes sense because usually in the summer CP3 is hanging out with Harden but this year he spent it with Lebron.

Lebron probably told him he'll never win anything playing in Houston because he hates Houston for some reason.

Now because Morey went on air multiple times to say CP3 doesn't want out, his camp probably leaked this to Yahoo so Morey is forced to trade him like Kyrie with Cleveland.

Obviously if that happens we're not getting equal value in return and will probably have to lose a couple picks in the process. This is even if we can find a team that'll take on that massive contract.

3. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

The thing I hate most about this type of report is that it devalues the Rockets as a destination for other free agents.

Captain Hook and BaselineFade like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade Harden and keep the $40 million point guard who can’t play 60 games a year?

BleedsRocketRed and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

it doesnt matter what morey said....if cp3 wants out, he wants out. i cant help but blame james for this. you guys are are cheering like this is a good thing. this looks terrible for the rockets/james harden. why would any star WANT to play with james harden with everything that is coming out ?

it is OVER for this team.

6. RyanB

RyanB Member

hey guys, be strong and don't believe the detractors, everyone hates Houston and they enjoy spreading false rumors

don grahamleone and RichieBanks like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like i said before, they could've done this already when SAS brought up the discussion days ago, why no one said anything? This just doesn't sound right to me. And while i don't really trust Goodwill, we've seen a lot of smoke by different sources about Harden and Paul...last summer it was only SauceMan Broussard who reported there was tension between Chris and the front office.

TipsyDixit likes this.
  8. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

--

...Assuming the report is true (and that's a big assumption)...

I say hell no. Its not nearly that simple as him wanting out. So what? He signed an albatross of a contract. Its an albatross for him and an albatross for us. No one wants that deal, and fewer and fewer teams are going to have a spot on ANY deal for CP3 as he ages towards 35. Deal with it, CP3. Make it work. You knew the risks that existed with this contract when you signed it. You knew who James Harden was and the style of offense we played. The Rockets should not have to eat this contract, or take less than its worth, because he "wants out."

9. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Which is is why you should question an article relying ENTIRELY on "league sources" that lay no foundation about those sources' relationship to the Rockets, Harden, or Paul

Deuce and RayRay10 like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sure, if that's all it is, then sure. HOU is not a FA destination. These are the superstars we got.

Maybe there's more to it... playing with Harden. Maybe not.

I don't care. I don't like the trend.

deshen likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just knew this was going to happen when GSW lost in the finals. Rockets couldn't get it done after making it their mission, now everyone is coming for us.

It looks like we will have to wait until the NBA awards for CP3 to look into the camera and say, "Unsalvageable? What's that mean?"

Here is to hoping.

don grahamleone and BigShasta like this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever. Morey has never been able to read personality. It's been his downfall with Dwight and now it's biting him with Chris. Players and commentators have said for years that Chris' personality is grating and eventually drives a wedge between him and his teammates. The same was said about Dwight. But Morey only read the analytics and went after both of them.

I don't think this should discredit our analytics-heavy approach to team building, but Morey's swing-for-the-fences short-term moves are now 0/2 in the Harden era. The players he's coveted for years (Paul and Howard) were able to work alongside James for 1-2 seasons before their personalities became incompatible on the court. Some of that is bound to be on James. I don't know how a player can look at the dominance of the Warriors, and the Raptors' championship this year, and not see that off-ball movement is the key to winning in today's NBA.

If James isn't able to see that standing around, especially when he doesn't have the ball, isn't the recipe for success, then we'll quickly need to adjust our expectations for him as a leader (and the early returns are not good).

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

it doesnt matter. if a player is adamant he does not want to be there, you have to get off the team.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don’t know what to think at this point. Usually, where there’s smoke there’s fire.

.....and we’re seeing an awful lot of “smoke”.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

I'm ready to say bye to Chris, we never got prime CP3, it's a shame and the league is too fast now

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course it matters. if it were true, morey would have given some kind of indication already. broussard could write another bs claim and half of yall would still believe it

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You signed a huge contract you weren’t even worth ****face, the least you can do is honor your contract

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. BALLhog 247 365

Although Harden isn’t completely blameless, this is really on Morey trying to pair a couple of the most unlikeable stars in league history in Dwight and CP3 with James Harden.