1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans withdraw pursuit of Nick Caserio

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, at least we can't say this is a boring franchise anymore! This whole saga has actually been pretty entertaining!

raining threes, MadMax and showa13 like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have always said that the Oilers and Texans are like fascism and communism. They're wildly different, but the results look the same. But the Texans have looked a bit more Oiler-esque through this experience. I'm just waiting for BOB to moon someone at a wedding. I feel like that's a possibility.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Funny!

raining threes and MadMax like this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or maybe he can fine an O-lineman for missing a game to be with his pregnant wife and then publicly criticize him for having misplaced priorities.

MadMax likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

who punches B.O.B in the face during a preseason game for running a HS offense?

Nimo, Mr. Clutch and MadMax like this.
  6. MadMax

I'm totally here for it, because no way BOB wouldn't fight back. Like the Rangers having their 2 greatest moments being fights (Nolan and Odor), that would easily supplant 19-10 as greatest Texan moment.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Buck Turgidson

Who is "we"? I have no idea what Caserio is. Replace Caserio with the unknown random GM of your choice in my plan, my goal is to have a new GM and coach combo after this season.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Major

Major Member

If not Caserio, why wait a year? Why not hire a GM now so they could have 9 extras month to prep, scout, evaluate potential new coaches, etc?

This whole franchise since BOB got hired is a "wait until next year!" philosophy.

Buck Turgidson and Mr. Clutch like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Who is he and is he available?

I'm not sure I want BOB to help hire our new GM, for one thing.

King1 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hopefully we don't sign any really dumb deals in the interim

13. Major

Major Member

Certainly - if the plan is to fire BOB after the season anyway, he shouldn't be involved in hiring the new GM. There's no reason he should be anyway - the fact that he was suggests he's not getting fired next year, unfortunately. But in your plan, ownership would hire the new GM next year - they could just do that now. Who cares what BOB thinks about it?

14. Mr. Clutch

OB wanted gaine. Ob wanted to fire gaine. Somehow cal is letting him choose the next gm

15. Buck Turgidson

My "plan" is very malleable. Fire BOB in the morning and let Romeo and whoever the "OC" is run the team for a year, for example.

Major and Mr. Clutch like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

The OC is Tim Kelly, O'Brien's graudate assistant from Penn State

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

AUDIO: M&C – Ben Volin doubles down on his Nick Caserio report 6-19-19 https://t.co/mteyRdLeey

— WEEI (@WEEI) June 19, 2019

"I stand by everything that’s written there, it’s all 100% true, Nick wanted to leave the Patriots and go to Houston. He wants to be a GM, he wants the responsibility and the money that goes with it. And it’s not just now, this is the second time Houston has tried to interview him." "He has wanted out" for a while now. "The Krafts have until January to convince him to stay."

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I find that sumbitch that leaked we talked to Caserio......I'ma gonna BBQ his ass in molasses!!!! sumbitch.jpg

19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't have access to the full article, but Greg Bedard is saying the Pats are definitely miffed at Easterby:

There's a narrative out there that Kraft is pissed at Easterby for saying one of the reasons he left New England was because of the Kraft solicitation story (strike one). Now, he's trying to steal Caserio (strike two), unless you believe he's only going after Caserio as a pretence to eventually get more power with the Texans once they are can't get Caserio and he'll eventually worm his way into the GM role for the Texans.

20. MadMax

I'm just surprised and flattered the Patriots think of us as a "rival."

sammy and houstonstime like this.