1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We gotta stop masking the real problem.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Jun 16, 2019.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree that we weren't in a position to help our run this last year... but theoretically we could have held Knights contract to deal this off season for salary matching purposes - along with the first round pick we gave - and been in a better position now... but we went for Shump and the LT savings and so here we sit... with pretty much only the mle, unable to retain most of our depth and having to deal multiple starters if we are going to make any kind of substantial trade happen...

Look, I dont fault Tilman/Morey for doing what they did - its a business and it was a good financial move - albeit not the best move for the future building of the team...

I'm a realist... I know its a business... i'm always bursting peoples bubble when they think we're gonna circumvent the cap and spend all this crazy money to corral all these stars... like people that still believe that Morey's optimism regarding acquiring Tomball Jimmy is actually based in reality... lol

My whole point from the outset was everybody had all these justifications for the CP3 deal when it went down... "His contract will be horrible when we re-sign him - but thats over the cap money so it doesnt matter..." "Everybody we're giving up is easily replaceable..." "Our draft pick is going to be late - so it really doesnt matter..." and of course "We're going all-in so we have to take some high risk chances..."

Welp... at this point we have the benefit of hindsight being 20/20... and most of those justifications have been shown to be the rationalizations of starry eyed fans who didnt want to accept the realizations of what that CP3 trade meant going forward....

...jus sayin... lol

(Edit) ...and just for the record... the real problem with this team is they dont play as a team... not everybody is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team... sign of the times I guess... smh...

#61 kjayp, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

CP3 will be a year older and we know he's going to miss his normal 20 something games with some type of hamstring/groin issue. We need depth and a legit starting 3 and backup 4.