1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Chris Paul won’t be dealt.” - Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 17, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He averaged 18 5 3 in 4 games in April , a little bit of a small sample size for me haha

I think Paul for Hayward is your worst case , riskiest move .

Hayward certainly plays a better position for us tho . I prefer the balance of E.G. , James , hayward , Tucker , Clint ... than playing small

But , there probably an 80 percent chance Paul is the better player next year .

Hayward might be ready to start next year , but I doubt it . An ideal situation is for him to be "load managed" back in kinda like Kawhi .

No one here will do that for him . MDA will like him because he shoots and will play him 38 mpg . He will be hurt by ASB . It's a bad situation for him to come here ;)

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Richie_Rich, D-rock and J.R. like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Translation: We shopped around, and there's no good deals to be made with CP3.

I think about two weeks ago, there was a thought about maybe just dealing him into a team like the Laker's caproom after they missed out on free agents, but I do think the Klay/KD injuries changed things a bit, and made them more picky about just dealing him to get him off the books. I think they understand that now there is a legit chance to advance to the finals, and that if they trade CP3 without replacing him with talent, they'll be blasted, and could potentially piss off Harden enough to request a trade next Summer.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why the hurry, the new salary cap (CBA) hasn't been announced yet. Will be after the Draft.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The hurry to be definitive about CP3 being traded or not? Am I assuming that's what you mean?

I certainly do not think the Rockets would be done considering dealing CP3 at all. I just guess that they had about a week or two of scheduled calls, and initial trade proposals that didn't lead to further trade calls. So right now, Morey can take a stance that CP3 is not going anywhere, but of course one of those teams could always call Morey back or some sort of calculus could change along the way. I just think the scenario of just unloaded him to unload him probably came completely off the table after the Klay/KD injuries.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have no idea but for now I think all the Superstar FAs should find a home or stay put, then the other dominoes fall.......

AD was the first step.

I dun think it is that easy to trade Capela and Gordon.

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Chris Paul needs to man up and stop blaming other people. He's been playing like trash. He can't blame it on the system if it worked the year before.

8. NOLArocket

NOLArocket Member

9. ball king23

ball king23 Member

we can not get rid of that fat contact that is an impossible trade maybe better luck with moving a smaller piece maybe capela if a team is intrested because there is no way we can move that contract CP3 has

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We won a championship the year before?

bmelo likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We would have won a championship the year before if Paul didn't get injured. We was comfortably up 3-2 if Paul didn't get injured. So yes it was working.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Loosing mentality. Toronto was up 3-1 IN THE FINALS and still didnt even smile until they won 4. On the other hand delusional homers here say we would win championships if refs/injuries/what the **** ever while still being 4 wins away

cheke64, REEKO_HTOWN and hakeem94 like this.
  13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Raptors didn't lose one of their best players.... and they certainly had help with Thompson and KD missing games.

juanm34, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Do you hear Warriors saying left and right they should won trophy if it wasn't for injuries?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have my avatar.... I keep reading your post and thinking that I don't remember posting that. lol

xaos likes this.
  17. EugeneK

EugeneK Member

I know it is gonna be so hard to trade him, but we should consider that it is going to be much harder and we should give up much more to do it next year.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Chris Paul remains a very good player, but he is no longer a great player. We have to adjust expectations for this. His efficiency stats have come down, and as a result of injuries, he has not played a full season in 3+ years. He is aging and that has impacted his athleticism. With all that said, he's still a 20 PER player, a great ball distributor (under-utilized in our current offensive configuration), and above average defender (great with steals). He's a very nice player who is definitely a factor in a championship caliber team, but he's no longer the centerpiece... and isn't the #2 scoring option. If he's utilized as the primary ball handler and distributor, then he's at his best.

Additionally, he shot 33.3% on HEAVES last season. Expect Morey to capitalize on this statistic and start directing Dan Tony to feed Paul for more end of quarter HEAVES.

GOOD DAY

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

July - Aug - Sept - Oct
    So we have at least 4 months for them to work it out.
    They problem is they letting too much become public
    The Organization just needs to close all the f*cking leaks

Leaks makes it hard to take back things that were said

Chris and James will work it out.
    They just need to get into the gym.
    Realize their is some give and take

Right now. . . JAmes is a guy with a 105 MPH Fastball
    CP3 has variety of knuckleballs, sliders, etc

Both can be effective but they just got different styles.
    They have to learn to mix it up and work together

Rocket River

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

No teams going to come out and say that....
    That’s what their fan forums are for.......