1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/MacMahon] 'There's too much damn turmoil': An unsettling vibe surrounds these Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 17, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is where the coach matters, no matter what Morey stated/believed. You need a coach that can trigger your team's best player to make a significant change for the better. Jackson did it for Jordan, did it for Kobe. Pop did it for Parker, did it for Kawhi. Harden hasn't had that kind of coach yet. His three coaches have been Brooks, McHale and MDA...not exactly a murderer's row of HoF coaching.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I mean on the one hand .... you have on court evidence of massive improvement over the years , showing hard-work , dedication , and an example of changing his game to better serve the team ...

On the other you have .... a psychological analysis of his stubbornness and beliefs ?

Even if you are right , what does this mean ?

James will play differently off-ball if he's convinced it's effective ?

I think maybe part of the issue is that we didn't have to resort to any other offense besides "give James the ball and get out of the way" for 82 games and the first round ... and when the warriors scheme started to force us to make adjustments .... no one was comfortable playing differently , except for maybe CP3 (who has the veteran experience and IQ to execute anything)

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s the one legitimate criticism of James that I see. It’s not even a problem all the time. It’s just a lack of recognition that *sometimes* things need to be done differently.

Now...you take that with how good Harden is. You hope things change for the better, though I doubt it.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's definitely hard to see how Harden can change his ways but we see this with a lot of superstars in the NBA for a while now. It's the deciding factor whether they go on and become a true all-time great or they're destined to be another "What If?" case. Unless Morey brings in an assistant that commands/demands Harden's attention and commitment to eliminating his bad habits, you're probably right. At a high level it's basically someone that holds Harden accountable that can't get fired the first moment Harden b****es. Paul was/is trying to do that but it's hard to do that when:

1. You're no longer on Harden's level
    2. You were out for a big part of the season and, in response to that, Harden went on one of the greatest offensive runs in the history of the NBA

snowconeman22 and Ramo$e like this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Rockets have a huge opportunity this coming year. The team that has bounced them out of the playoffs year after year won't be there this year. Curry doesn't have it in him to play 40 minutes a game to keep them afloat and if he tried, he would literally die on a beach somewhere in the Bay area.

My frustrations with the team is simmering down, but to have real hope, the front office has got to fill some of the holes and MDA has to do a better job utilizing the talent at hand. Our competitors in the East are getting taller and more athletic. If would be a tremendous shame to finally make it out of the West just to be annihilated by the likes of Siakam and the Greek Brick.

I'm anxiously waiting what Morey will do in the next few weeks.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's what they were saying about the Lakers.....players don't care about all that noise.

lw17 likes this.
  7. lw17

lw17 Member

Ariza was good at steals and blocks, crafty guy. I miss him too.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

article in the OP is sad to read. disappointing to say the least

HP3, BaselineFade and J Sizzle like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Rockets never had this stink till Tillman showed up.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is dwightmare 2.0 bubbling . The writing is one the wall

11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Pretty much this. He’s an idiot.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  12. Mr Chuck Norris

I think if Chris Paul showed something this postseason harden would’ve took some orders but you don’t get to finally show up in game 6 and start making orders after harden carried his ass all year. Harden shouldn’t have to change his game so late in the season to accomodate CP3 who can’t get around defenders anymore. Either way, I see the disconnect.

Stormy1234, amaru, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That may be true, but as with everything else sports related, is the goal to win a ring, or be a consistently good organization with no stink, but no rings??

For all of Les' persona, the Rockets won a ring immediately after he bought the team.

I've never been a huge fan of Tillman's business ethos, but the guy has built a huge fortune for himself - which I suspect was his main goal, lol - so willing to see how this plays out a bit.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One thing I'll say...

That's a legit good article. Nice reporting, investigating, etc.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MacMahon has actually been really really good at covering the Rockets once they got him off the Mavericks only branch.

16. dmoneybangbang

The Texans easily.

Wulaw Horn, REEKO_HTOWN and treyk3 like this.
  17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

They haven’t been this good in a long time either.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Players nowadays want to know:
    The City
    The Coaches
    The Stars on the team
    If the money is green....and direct deposited on time.

And not necessarily in that order.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

MDA is going to lose this team, if he hasn't already lost it. I'm predicting a messy season.

RichieBanks, Stormy1234 and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just hit the reset button

JayGoogle likes this.