1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Capela to Boston; Get Vucevic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, Jun 16, 2019.

1. DFresh

DFresh Member

Trade Capela to Boston after Ainge's failure to get Anthony Davis; trade Paul as a salary dump to Miami or L.A., which would give you money to go into free agency and get Nikola Vucevic.

If you could get Terry Rozier & Nikola Vucevic who I think is the most underrated big man in the league, you would have a better, younger team.

Rozier is very much like Patrick Beverley, he's a ball of energy who brings a lot of effort on offense & defense, plus he's only 25 years old. Dude's got handles, a jump shot & he's great at taking it to the rim. Watch this YouTube link on Rozier. ()

Vucevic (28 years old) is a much better offensive player than Capela & he can definitely help with rebounding and defense. So if you have to play a team like the Lakers in the playoffs next year, you can go at AD with a guy like Vucevic. Watch this YouTube link on Vucevic. ()

I just think Capela has reached his ceiling as a player. I don't see him getting better offensively or even at the free throw line. And I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of the Rockets having big men who can't shoot free throws.

Starting 5: (Rozier, Harden, Vucevic, Gordon, Tucker)

Tfor3, hakeem94 and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

There is a Random Trades Thread

mmmkay?

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul Salary dump to Lakers has to be earlier than they sign free agents.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t salary dump CP0 to Miami, and all these stars and role players on the market available to be signed and people really think the Lakers will just take on 1 of the worst contracts in the league...

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I just don't know why Miami would take Paul, and what could the Lakers give us to match Paul's salary?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give me AG, 14th pick and Williams instead on 3 team trade with BOS and ORL.

BOS: Capela, Fournier, Nene, Clark, Hartenstein

ORL: Hayward, Smart

HOU: AG, Williams, BOS 1st (14th Pick), ORL 2nd

That is great win-win for all 3 teams. ORL receives coveted PG plus more scoring (Hayward). Isaac moves to natural PF spot. Sign Vuc or have Bamba at starting 5.

BOS receives coveted pivot (2nd choice after AD) and bench scoring (Fournier), elevate Rozier to starting PG.

AG adds all star potential 2 way player at 4 spot, small ball 5. Williams is Capela lite.

14th pick to take pterodactyl C/PF Bol Bol (or 3-D stud DeAndre Hunter if he falls) and/or a wing with high 2nd (KZ Okpala, chuma Okeke, Dylan Windler, etc.).

7. Sanity2disChaos

I like both players. Don’t know about the numbers but they both could help if Paul and Capela are traded at all!! If you could squeeze Brown away from the Celtics then I think this is the best collection of young players ready to prove something and play (Start) right away.

RoZier
    Harden
    Brown/Gordon
    Tucker /Brown
    Vucevic

Gordon/House

I agree about Capela topping out.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These threads really sound like a wish, as if it really happened.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. Sanity2disChaos

I’d like to get Brown for Capela somehow. Would have to sweeten the pot a little more for AG also. Brown and AG would be great!! I can dream huh!!id give Orlando/Celts Little Gordon if need be to make it work.

Paul/Rivers
    Harden
    Brown
    AG/tucker
    Whoever can , run, jump and Dunk!!/AG

Highlyrated and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would need to trade CP3 first, how else can Rockets sign Vuc?

And Rozier SnT will require more than just Capela salary IMO. And this is IF Celts willing to give away one of their core players in Brown.

Rather get BOS picks (14 & 20?) and target DeAndre Hunter.

11. Sanity2disChaos

Or let the Celtics just pick whomever since they actually draft pretty decent!! I’m not confident in Morey draft picks anymore. I think Brown wants a bigger role like Rozier. They both seem to be overshadowed by TAtum and Smart IMO.

I also think a guy like Hunter won’t make it to the 14th pick.

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Vucevic is a good offensive center. But he's not near the rim runner or defender Capela is. Take away our rim threat & speed, and pick & roll is useless. Our defense also gets worse. Horrible move

RichieBanks likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Without Irving, Brown will receive a bigger role for sure. New core of team will be:

Rozier
    Tatum
    Brown

Hayward is expendable or will come off bench. Same for Smart IMO. BOS will need to upgrade starting 2 & 5 around Rozier, Tatum and Brown.

Raptors and Bucks have proved that teams need MANY long switchable players to beat GSW and win the Larry OB.

And anything can happen in draft, players fall and rise unexpectedly. But having picks 14 & 22 give Rockets flexibility to move up if necessary.

I actually prefer signing Terrance Ross w/MLE if possible.

CP3
    Harden/Ego
    Ross/Shump
    AG/Tucker
    Bol Bol/Williams/Davis

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do respect Vucevic's offensive game, but I'm not in favor of this move for the same reasons as you have pointed out.

15. rockets13champs

Pelicans can get Vucevic Bc they got cap space now

Vucevic
    Zion
    Ingram
    Jrue
    Ball

Dankstronaut and D-rock like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This just happens way too much in this forum. “ITS A WIN FOR ORLANDO”. Instead of Aaron Gordon, let’s get an older more expensive player who has had a severe injury in Hayward and then replace Fournier with Smart to make up for that horrendous swap. Cool.

Ridiculous

17. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Lakers are the team to beat now, need to think if Capela matches well with Davis.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. Glad you enjoyed it. I forgot how sensitive you were.

Hope your hemorrhoids feel better soon.

JamalP., hakeem94 and RichieBanks like this.
  19. Sanity2disChaos

I see your point. That young celts lineup looks good. I think ultimately if you can add a player like AG period is a win considering our situation. I’d welcome it. I would only like to have something we haven’t since McGrady, a scoring 3( not in actually talent comparison).The perfect compliment to any dominant 1 or 2 imo. I’d prefer a better option at C and give bol time. He’s very skinny. But other than that I’d love that lineup.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really love Vuc and potentially starting him alongside Tucker amd a rangy 3 and D small forward that can rebound would be awesome.