1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jun 16, 2019.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

What does he do this offseason?

How do we keep him?

Honestly, if I'm him, the Lakers are an attractive place to play. Not sure how much money we can offer (MLE?), but I assume LA could offer at least that or more.

I think he can develop into a great role player to come in and drop 15 off the bench like Jamal Crawford does. I'd like to lock him up long term.

fattz likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sure, I'd keep him for the minimum.

ak99999, hongxingli and saleem like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Overrated around these parts.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Danuel House was a good defender and his catch/shoot numbers are knocking on the door of elite catch/shoot players. He shrunk in important games in his first season playing for something.

I would keep him at $8m/3yrs without hesitation. His improvement over the course of the season was just staggering despite the team taking an axe to his stability. I can see him being a top 5-8 player on a championship team after one more summer of improvement and soaking in the pressure he faced this season.

If we can not develop this guy, then don't come around and ask how come we never have internal development. This is the kind of piece that smart teams develop. A Danuel House with more experience, training and attention from the coaching staff would be an upgrade on Shumpert, and we were knocked out of the playoffs in a series where the first 5 games were decided by 6 points or less. Don't be stupid about marginal improvements that cost just a few million of the salary cap per year.

I think we will get him cheaper than he's worth anyway, but if we can lock him up and keep him focused on his development instead of every following season's pay check, it would be very helpful.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure he doesn't already have another team lined up to offer a contract next month, but i'd probably offer him even up to $13M/3yrs. i see a lot of potential in his game. with his size and athleticism, and from his IG seems very grounded, hungry and willing to put in the work

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

They won't have more money to offer unless they use the MLE on him instead that on a proven player, which is not happening.

I hope the Rockets can keep him for cheap, could be a useful player going forward, even though we have more important things to think about before House.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That could change … If SeePeeThree is moved. Taking no salary in return gives them a little over $15m in practical cap space. I don't know that Morey can find a taker who wouldn't send back salary …. but its possible.

As for the use of the MLE , I'm not so sure you find a better player or one with more upside than House for the $5.7m figure.
    Maybe you are better off matching with some portion of your MLE and retaining a quality young player - keeping his bird rights for the future.

Who do you think they can get for $5.7m ? That's a short list and I wonder if Rivers is even an option at that figure.

fattz likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

No, i was talking about the Lakers to answer op, should've clarify that probably ;)

As for your question, i think if we get someone like DeAndre, Pat, Rivers, Ariza we're lucky, that's just not enough money to take a solid player in his prime imo. But while i expect Ariza and Rivers to get more money than that, DeAndre for obvious reasons and maybe Pat could be obtainable for tha figure, i just wouldn't exactly bet on that.

My personal target would be JaMaychal Green, in order to have a 4 not undersized who can also play the 5 in a small lineup, but first, i think West will try to keep him, second, 5.7M are probably not enough to sign him anyway.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to play tougher. Too soft... go rebound...

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Danuel House is not a starting 3 in the NBA for any contender. When his shot is on he is a good 7th or 8th man. He did us a big favor in the playoffs by lowering his value significantly with his brickfest from 3. He has good transition D, serviceable man on man D, but he is not a defensive stopper. He's good enough to get in front of someone and stop there first move, but then he can't stop a good 4, 3, or 2 from scoring. He is still a project who a best is a good 6th man, but he is not someone who is ideal starting next to James Harden. I think we might get lucky and keep him for the minimum. But we'll have to let him go if it prevents us from getting rivers or Pat bev or ariza, etc......

topfive, chadyang and CVcrew like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that's probably the case for all the guys most of ClutchFans is talking about …. DJ , PatBev , Rivers , Green.
    They just wont have the money to compete for any of those players and if that's the case , maybe House is the best use of the asset.

snowconeman22 and fattz like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have no problem with locking House on a solid team friendly deal with the MLE or a portion of it if we are not able to sign him for the minimum and we can't get a better player, but if we can't get a better player than House with the MLE well, we're kinda screwed.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Just a guy. Not going to be the reason they win or lose. And definitely shouldn’t be any type of priority for them.

jcmoon likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think we're kinda screwed either way …. the prospects of adding quality players are slim with the resources on hand.

One MLE and then its back to the old veterans minimum poo platter pile.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

He was so bad in the post season. I don't care if we keep him or not. But I would not over pay for him.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I over valued house during this past season. He definitely not Jamal Crawford And has a lot of limitations handling and driving the ball and makes bad decisions when in a jam in the paint. Nevertheless I think he can still be really effective if developed and mentored by harden, John Lucus etc. he can be the rockets starting 3 and D SF. Especially a guy who can drive the ball. D Antoni used him wrong late last year not only putting him on the bench but limiting him to the corner 3 and he struggled. House thrived off driving from the wing or top of the key. He was getting wide open 3s playing free. He was having so much fun in that open system as a starter. I also think they should bring back faried. The man gets buckets period. I really hate Capella and they should move him. Great guy with Defense and all but another over valued player.