1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you actually are entertaining the idea of a direct war between Iran and Saudi, this is a pretty good breakdown of how futile it would be. Ignore the silly sock puppet, it's kind of the chanel's shtick:

The short version is that a war between the two is a really stupid idea, and would almost definately result in a stalemate and favor whichever side defends.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

Yea... nine (9) hours later?

Also curious... why did the owner of the ship say sailors on the boat saw flying objects just before it was hit?

[​IMG]
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oil-ta...ount-of-gulf-of-oman-attack-today-2019-06-14/

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-attack-owner-japanese-oil-tanker-says-flying

sirbaihu and KingCheetah like this.
  5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Trump said it was Iran. This is the clear evidence that Iran did not do it. Trump is a stable liar that you can trust.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Guys, do you think Israel and Saudi Arabia will finally do a 3-way with us if we fight Iran for them?
    ISIS hates Iran too. . . .

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given how much Trump lies and manipulates the truth, the video is not credible. There is a price to dishonesty, and it is that most of the country will not trust you now.

That grainy video is suspect, so is the fact that no one on that tanker noticed a boat pulling up next to it.

High probability of it being fake or altered to meet Trump's need.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Do you think the US is the only country using drones for war? they were probably dropped via drones, and with the magnetics then attaching to the boat.

That video wouldn't be from close up, it's either a plane in the clouds or a satellite zoomed in

This whole thing is a bit like how Hamas will fire rockets at israel every time its support wanes to unite its people after some counter attack. A few hundred of its own people and some facility is a worthwhile sacrifice to get the people to overlook its economic collapse.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

A joke? Please tell me you do not believe some version of the following. . . .

Drones carry limpet mines--they're not very heavy--from . . . ? . . . to the vicinity of two (?) ships that are not American.
    No one on the ships notices they are drones. They think they are artillery shells or something.
    The drones drop the mines: splash!
    The magnets activate. The magnets pull the heavy mines . . . I dunno, 20 yards or so . . . over to both ships, before the metal mines sink to the bottom of the ocean.
    One of the magnetic mines jumps out of the water (!) and attaches itself 10 feet above the water line.
    These mines are coordinated so that they both explode within hours of each other.
    The owner of one of the ships says specifically it was not a mine (but he's a Jap).
    The US is not involved in any way, but it just knows Iran did it, because no other country or entity has drone/magnet technology, and the US wants to stick its nose into this affair.
    Supposedly, later Iran takes a mine off a ship, which only shows they are criminals. The U.S. or the shipping company would never take the mine off the ship; they would leave the mine on the ship forever, as like, Iran's mark of Cain or whatever. No one is worried it may be on a timer or anything.
    Some U.S. "liberals" decide that, sadly, we have to resort to military action again, to protect commercial ships of other countries. And Israel and Saudi Arabia.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Apparently it does appear that Iran was behind the attack. Other sources even on the democrat side are saying it does appear to be the case. Clearly we can not trust the Administration though.

Hopefully we can get Trump out of office before a conflict and get the US back into the nuclear agreement.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thanks, pro-war-fake-news Sweet Lou!
    We've been needing evidence on this, and now you're going to provide it! Thank you.
    Don't quote this guy though:

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Perhaps I am confused... didn't trump pull us out of the nuclear deal in May 2018?

Pole, RayRay10, Sweet Lou 4 2 and 2 others like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm thinking the attacks are quite possibly by Iran in an effort to make the US sanctions against them as costly as possible for everybody else. Doing so could put pressure on other countries who don't care about Mideast regional hegemony to put pressure on the US to stop making things worse. But, I still want no part of this and I blame Trump. He's backing the Saudis to be the big dog in the region because they're our ally in the region. I don't want to be involved there at all. I don't want to back a Saudi prince who murders people. I don't want to defend Israel's apartheid state. I don't want to fight a proxy war with Russia in Syria. I don't want to try to prevent Muslim theocracy. Just get out of the region altogether. We're not reliant on Mideast oil like we used to be.

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and sirbaihu like this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My younger boy loves these videos, especially when they're done about historical "what ifs" Well done.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They are really well done, but they also kinda put me to sleep with his voice being a bit monotone.

I watched a few of these and they all seem to end in situations that aren't really worth it.

18. NewRoxFan

Sending more troops..

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why I do think Iran is behind the tanker attacks, this is such a dangerous move. Trump has 0 credibility outside his base and if he starts a war with Iran it will not only doom him in 2020 but likely the Senate as well.

The logical explanation for an Iranian attack is leverage in negotiations. Right now it has none. But if it can disrupt the oil markets and instill fear of tankers passing through the straight, it may put more pressure to bring states to the negotiating table.

Iran gave up it's nuke program so it doesn't have that chip anymore. And it can not withstand the crushing sanctions. Iran's hand is being forced here.

#139 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is a pretty sad testament to the utter lack of credibility our bozo in chief has garnered across the globe.