1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 15, 2019.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Still think the Pelicans won the trade

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If the nba saying that the team that gets the best player wins the trade...the lakers did that. But the pels' haul was adequate moving forward.

BaselineFade and Patience like this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Pelicans target Vucevic.

19 million cap room, add. A little more.

4. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Agree

5. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Great now I have to hear more crap from these Lakers fans. I would of even been less mad and annoyed if he was traded to golden state.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I have a really bad feeling theyre going to get Kawhi. That would set them up for the next decade.

BaselineFade and JayGoogle like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

If I'm Kawhi I go to the Lakers, why not?

Kawhi-Davis-Lebron? The best two way players in the game on one team. Shut the league down for the next 5 years.

Unless AD pulls a Dwight and finds out La La land ain't all its cracked up to be.

Sajan likes this.
  8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It was worth it. Get the superstar, figure out the rest later

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This trade has the potential to be great for both teams, but the potential to backfire exists for only one team -- Los Angeles.

Davis was leaving anyway. Probably going to the Lakers in 12 months. The Pelicans picked up a ton of assets for a guy they were losing anyway.

The Lakers are on the map now and if they're smart, they could build a great team by the end of July.

But if AD gets hurt, they are screwed. 2025 is a long, long time from now... the Lakers will look radically different then, as will the Pelicans. Unprotected picks and pick swaps in those later years could end up looking very regrettable.

lilbird20, Deuce, RocketWalta and 6 others like this.
  10. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

It’s a gamble for sure but I can see Lakers justifying it - Declining LeBron, wide open west, potential to add a 3rd star, and probably more importantly fix all the drama surrounding front office and ownership. They need something big to straight the ship and change the narrative. This trade kind of served all that purposes

11. malakas

malakas Member

The only way not to backfire for the Lakers is if they win the championship.

Anything less than a title and it is a horrible trade that sets back their franchise for half a decade.

Patience likes this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Decade? Even the Warriors “historically great dynasty” has only lasted 5 years, and they were all young guys when it started.

LeBron will obviously be long gone in a
    decade, and Davis and Leonard will not be spring chickens. Given their injury histories, I would not bank on them being superstars for another 10 years. Sure the Lakers May be good or great for a few years, but this definitely seems like a short-term win-now move, at the expense of the future.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What a win for NOP.

Got insanely great value for Davis.

Say what you will about LeBron still being great, and I'll agree, but eventually father time always wins.

malakas and Patience like this.
  14. Fefo

Fefo Member

if im the lakers ill go for jj redick and a pg that can shoot to, kinda like george hill. They have enough scoring with bron, AD and kuzma, they just need spacing and solid 3 and D players. AD at center, lb at 4, kuzma at 3 , jj redick at 2 and a pg like george hill or something like that, that can hold his own defensively and keeps the defense honest while being on the cheap side of the market. They just need 7 good players, and they already have 3 great ones.

15. psingh34

psingh34 Member

some of them can get better but I am willing to bet not all of them will get better. To imply that the rockets may not get better is to say that all other teams will get better. I also have enough faith in Morey to say he will make the squad better too.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN will have non stop Lakers talk
    This would be pretty much a local LA station

#216 tinman, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Hakeemtheking and Theking like this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

:D Apparently Lakers is 2nd to last in Free Throw percentage. Frank Vogel will be happy.

Anthony Davis: 79.5%

Brandon Ingram: 66.2%
    Josh Hart: 69.5%
    Lonzo Ball: 43.7% <- :eek:

Astrodome likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The picks are important.

Lonzo and Ingram have not shown that much, surely some flashes of talent but we'll see.

Kuzma>Ingram and Lonzo for now.

Now they can go after Butler, Kemba or whoever.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What are the chances Cousins takes vet min or MLE in LA as well. Lmfao.

BaselineFade and daywalker02 like this.
  20. CALI_MOST_WANTD

This is accurate. That is all they did when they got lebron. I would hear it on the local news and radio and you would think espn would be neutral grounds.