1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 15, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Broussard will talk all day

RyanB likes this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U are assuming that's all the Lakers do..u know they have 30 mill to offer another star right.

I dont think people grasp how good the Lakers gonna be..they atleast finna be the heat(bron wade Bosh) level before the season starts

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N idk bout kwahi in clipper now. It's no way I can see them being better then the lskers now....o have always said harden is better then ad n always will be....but ad as ur second best player is insane u know like curry being ur second best player

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh boy here comes Kyrie.

Kyrie / KCP / LeBron / Kuzma / AD

rockets13champs likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Lakers now have just to convince one of these guys:

Kawhi
    Irving
    Kemba
    Butler
    Harris
    Middleton
    Vucevic
    Cousins (which i doubt Lebron wants around but that's just me)

Kawhi is probably not going there, Irving appears to be sold on the Nets, that leaves Jimmy and Kemba as big players, if we're lucky they end up with Harris or Vuc but eh, it's likely they get a good to great player in the end.

IBTL and BaselineFade like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly so these same hot take people.saying Lakers gave away they future(when its almost certain they gonna win atleast one chip) or the dame people who said lbj to the Lakers was the wrong move lol. How that take looking now.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I think Kemba is that best fit n would kill. Best fit that obtainable I mean. Since kwahi n kyrie n ad wont go

adoo and Vivi like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Do they not teach English no more?

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Add walker, can they beat GS in 2021?

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

You could start Jesus, Buddah, Kyrie, Lebron and the Tooth Fairy... and that dumpster fire front office is not going to let that team win anything.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. ASTR0nomical

ASTR0nomical Member

glad I wasn't the only one having trouble reading that s***

pugsly8422 and King1 like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Holy crap. These picks might turn out to be nets esque if lakers suck a couple years from now

SamFisher likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

"In LA, you can go from sugar to sh-t real quick." :D

14. Fantasma Negro

15. Fantasma Negro

With LeBron's wear and tear and AD's injury prone nature those could all be high lottery picks

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I'll go against the grain here and say that this is a great trade for the Lakers. They rid themselves of two very low efficiency players in Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. Losing Ball in particular is addition by subtraction due to the drama that surrounds his dad. Losing the draft picks hurt, but there really isn't a consensus #4 pick in this upcoming draft after Zion, Morant and Barrett. The future picks in theory won't be that great if the Lakers are good. So I think it was a nice trade for the Lakers... turns into an amazing trade if AD + Lebron can recruit a top flight free agent.

GOOD DAY

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook and Vivi like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lavar usually is wrong, so, these quotes are worthless.

By the way, Anthony Davis is a monster when healthy. I get it that he wasn't able to carry the Pelicans to the playoffs by himself, but when he has had another great talent to work with, he's done really well.

If the Lakers can get decent role players around James/Davis and father time doesn't present himself at the door, this Lakers team should be pretty good.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...vis-lebron-zion-williamson-present-future-nba

A league source told me Saturday that the picks going to New Orleans are the no. 4 selection in the 2019 draft, a protected first in 2021, and an unprotected first in 2024. The Pelicans will also have the right to swap firsts in 2023.

Don’t bank on Kyrie Irving reuniting with LeBron. League sources fully expect him to sign with the Brooklyn Nets.

Kawhi Leonard, who league sources say the Lakers will pursue.

Back in 2014, the Cavs had to sign Andrew Wiggins to his rookie contract, then wait 30 days until he was eligible to be traded to meet NBA contract requirements to complete it. Odds are, this is precisely what’ll happen with the Lakers and Pelicans.

If the Lakers sign Kemba or a different star to a max contract using cap space, they’ll only have the room mid-level exception remaining, which is worth $4.76 million, and the league minimum. Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade haven’t filed for retirement just yet! Vince Carter, Jamal Crawford, Wesley Matthews, Jeff Green, and Joakim Noah are a few other veterans who come to mind as ring-chasing candidates. With the rest of their salary cap dedicated to LeBron, AD, a third star, and Kuzma, and the rights to all their picks belonging to the Pelicans, the Lakers will have to build through free agency.

Vivi, plutoblue11, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Any word on the pick protections?