1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans withdraw pursuit of Nick Caserio

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2019.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

What else is there to say.

A ton of people are having fun s**ting on the Rockets right now about how bad we are because we couldn't beat GS again. This, this is what an actual terrible franchise looks like. It really allows me to accept the Texans garbage knowing we have 2 well run organizations with a clear mindset and plans.

SWTsig, snowconeman22, Nook and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Cal McNair holds O'Brien accountable. No one else matters.....

There are other people in the organization that can advise and comment on GM-type decisions. MULTIPLE.

They will be alright until they decide what they will do.

#122 Mr.Scarface, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. raining threes

Pu$$y

snowconeman22 and Nook like this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He just didn't want to be here, so they fell back to the clause excuse.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

OMG!!!, you're telling me since we don't have a GM right now we don't have any players or coaches for the upcoming season, OMG!!! What are we going to do?!?! Will Godell kick us out of the league?!? Seriously what will hapen to Texans!?!?!

7. Mr. Clutch

Nothing. They'll just continue to suck like the new York knicks

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What a terrible comparison. I’m not a fan of the organization but to compare them to the Knicks is just dumb. Wake me up when the Knicks consistently make the playoffs.

mario_v and Nimo like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wrong. Most likely situation is they really did get caught tampering and struck a deal with the pats to back off.

Nook likes this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

Now you're deflecting. You didn't talk about the current situation not having a GM. You specifically said, "players and coaches win chips not front office bozos".

Which I'll reiterate again this comment makes you "CLUELESS".

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No playoffs, no more O'Brien is my guess. The guy has really screwed things up here.

Although my guess is that quietly, O'Brien and Easterby are equal parts the defacto GMs.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I read it differently. If there really was tampering, why did the Patriots drop the charges? They could have kept the charges and gotten their draft picks if they were tampered with. I think the Patriots were going to fight to keep their guy and were willing to go lengths the Texans werent. If there truly is a clause in Caserio's contract that he can't interview and the Texans didnt know about it then it makes sense the Texans withdrew. The big question is why did the Patriots just say that instead of file charges. There is speculation that the Patriots wrote it in after the Texans pursuit.

Let's hope this works out in thr Texans favor like the Josh McDaniels deal worked out for the Colts

raining threes and Mr. Clutch like this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's hilarious that people still blame Obrien for this even though he had nothing to do with it. He's not the one that fired Gaine. He's not the one that went after Caserio. He's not the reason why we don't have a GM.

raining threes likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

I have feeling the league will be reviewing that "no interview" clause to see if its legal because it sure as **** doesn't sound legal, the eeoc might have something to say about it as well. This whole thing could be a ploy just to bring that clause to light to have it struck down by the league. I'm sticking with Cal on this one

15. Mr. Clutch

[​IMG]

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

John & Lance were saying they heard that Gaine didn’t respect Cal. You don’t just eat a brand new contract like that because your coach tells you to.

stevel and raining threes like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If BOB survives this season, its probably because they actually exceeded expectations. They are not expected to have a winning record with this schedule (by most)... and now with the lack of improvement on the O-line via free agency, its going to either take some miraculous rookie performances (or just miraculous coaching) to get this offense to be better than it was last year.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we wait?! Maybe they hire an assistant GM to man the fort until they are able to go after Caserio again next year?

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This sht show of a franchise still has posters on here praising its name even after this gm/tampering saga. Embarrassing, only brightside is that Bob might actually get fired sooner.

Nook, Mr. Clutch and napalm06 like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

From that profootballtalk article:

Very embarrassing.