1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi - Summer 2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, May 31, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Yet" ....

Nook likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Raptors still have work to do."

LOL What more can they do?

Woj: Does winning a championship, becoming a national hero in Canada soften Kawhi's stance on staying in Toronto?

If it does, I'm not sure he's shared that with anyone beyond maybe those closest to him. I don't know how much emotion sentiment goes into a decision for Kawhi. He came to Toronto with the idea this was a one-year deal. I'm sure it exceeded his expectations, how they managed him, to be a Finals MVP again, to win a championship but there was always a risk of him going back West. The Clippers are at the top of that list. The Raptors still have work to do between now & June 30th to keep Kawhi in Toronto.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Outlier

Outlier Member

I like it if he goes to the Clips. Essentially next season there would be no real team to fear if he goes there... Because he would have to start over again with team chemistry. Who would join him on the Clips anyway? Raptors wouldnt be a contender anymore next season if he goes. There would be no real championship contender except maybe the Bucks and the Lakers (if they get Davis)

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s going to the Clippers. The West is going to be even stronger and the East will be even more of a joke and it’ll be that way forever.

What a joke

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I wish the league would just take the best 16 teams.

rocketman12 likes this.
  8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Kawhi with the Clips doesnt scare me. The Raps with him succeeded because they had multiple lengthy wing defenders in Green and Pascal. If he leaves to the Clips, he doesnt have that. He will struggle unless a marquee star goes there as well.

jcf likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Everybody does, but the East owners will never vote for it because they know it’d make it even less likely they make the playoffs.

League is just becoming more and more of a side show to see which big market free agents flock to next

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

The fact that he won with the Raptors makes it even more possible that he leaves if he really wanted to be in L.A imo, there's nothing more he can do in Toronto.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wonder if playing in front of a loud enthusiastic crowd would sway him -- playoffs especially a finals are going to be rocking anywhere. If I recall correctly the fans are energetic during the regular season as well something that he won't see in LA. It seems like it would be a lot more fun playing in front of a hyped crowd, but living in LA and avoiding winter in Canada is big too.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

It's like an ugly girl that is smart, well educated, funny and rich.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can Toronto be mad at him, if he leaves?

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope. Or better, they can, but they won't.

donkeypunch likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

sew likes this.
  17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Kwahi is not coming back to the Raptors, you really have your head in the sand if you believe he is staying. As a Raptors fan I've always known this was a one year deal. Was it worth it? Yes, yes it was!!!!!!!!

rocketman12 and sew like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

If Kawhi leaves for LA to be close to home, that would be cool, but I really, really, really hopes he stays. Come on man, after winning a title you leave? After all that the Raptors did? Toronto is not a great city, it's alright, but it has some nice surroundings.

19. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Nope. Almost all raptors fans will okay with a one year rental that ends with a title. That trade is now officially lopsided in favor of Toronto no matter where he goes.

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Kawhi doesn't seem to have the persona to chase rings. I think he has a little mamba in him in that he wants to study the game meticulously and win with whatever he's given. He wants to solve the game on his own imo.