1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whataburger sold to a Chicago investment firm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

I'm glad I just built new fences around the Compound over the last 5 years. Should have gone all-in on that Obama-run for ammo while he was President. Didn't think the Jade Helm FEMA camps were real, though.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wonder if the water burgers will taste better with H2O from Lake Michigan.

Buck Turgidson and boomboom like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Nothing, other than they love the Spurs and Cowboys.

Good people.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping Shipley's stays in Texas hands..

5. Buck Turgidson

Bucee's?

6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Please no pickles in the taquitos.

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hopefully the Chicago investment firm buys the Rockets, too.

dachuda86 and AstrosRockets1818 like this.
  8. likestohypeguy

You know I panicked when A.B. bought karbach. How it turned out, a more consistent product- never again had bad batch as I often would when they were still an independent brewery. And Hop delusion used to be a four pack, for the same price now you get a six pack. Better all the way around.

This isn't the same ofc. AB has a huge advantage in logistics, supplies, everything. IDK that a random investment group can similarly improve the burger side of things, might be more interested in their grocery products, selling condiments, sausages, shoestring potatoes. That is where WB lost me as a fan. For instance A1 thick and hearty disappeared b/c they are now peddling their own sauces, have their own version of A1 sauce they tried to replace it with. COmplete garbage. But going to try and keep an open mind, because of the karbach scare... going to see how it pans out.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

*Buc ee's

CometsWin likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Bulls***. Anyone capable of making and selling this travesty

[​IMG]

while killing Mother In Lager and Sympathy for the Lager is dead to me. Have you drank this piss-in-a-can s*** they're selling? It tastes like what I'd imagine the water used for a crawfish boil that's been cooking for 2 days, left outside, and then canned tastes like. It's insanely disgusting. And they brewed it, figured it tasted good, and then sell it to people. I've made it my mission to help people not make the same mistake my friend made if I see someone reaching for it in the store.

There are stories on both sides of good and bad when an investment company gets involved in something like this. They're leaving the office in San Antonio (for now) so there should be enough people around that know what Whataburger means to this state. Time will tell.

After what happened to that kid at the Kansas City Schlitterbahn and their reaction to it, I couldn't care less about them. I'm honestly not part of the Buccee's cult and just see it for what it is...a gas station. If they were sold, I wouldn't care. H-E-B, on the other hand...that would be a travesty.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can’t imagine CF existing if you didn’t work in O&G

Nook and Haymitch like this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WUT? Have you never had a michelada? Theyre delicious and refreshing. I can drink about 2 and then switch to regular beer.

Its not brewed btw, its a mix of a lager beer and tomato juice and spices. Much like a bloody mary with beer instead of vodka. I highly recommend the micheladas at Pastry War. So good....

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t get it.

14. jsingles

jsingles Member

I don't think for a moment the quality won't go down while the prices might go up (WB already on the expensive side for fast-food). This just isn't good for quality of product.

Nook likes this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they finally opened in denver. So I went to get some, and then wondered why I liked it so much as a kid.

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Only if Texas had experienced a mass exodus of Texans leaving the state to go live in California.

Riz likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

The Karbach beer @leroy is talking about is a brewed product that comes in a can.

Not an actual michelada, which are in fact delicious.

Sorry to be a know-it-all again.

Nook likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

West, Texas

The Czech Stop.

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Still, a michelada is a lager mixed with tomato sauce and spices. That doesnt change the fact that its a michelada, which is a lager mixed with a tomato juice. You cant brew a beer with tomato sauce. Thats just weird man.... I dont know for surely, but the 'hella chella' is only 3% alcohol, which makes me reason that its mixed mixed beer, in which is a michelada. Damn tasty. Enoy or dont, cause I still will.

20. Buck Turgidson

5% alcohol and yes, it's a knockoff "michelada" in a can.

https://www.karbachbrewing.com/beer/hella-chela/

donkeypunch likes this.