1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

we get washed up old injury prone stars around Harden. We need a prime superstar sidekick.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

First time ever I’ve probably been in total agreement with Widhorst regarding the Rockets. Tilman clearly did not want to pay the tax this year. It was most likely the only chance they’d have to duck the tax so they would not have to pay the repeater tax.

Tilman can’t say this because it would show the team that he’s looking at saving money more than he is winning.

Can’t get a read on Stephen A’s comment about Paul wanting out. Sounds like it came from the possible riff between James and Chris that came out at season’s end. That’s just me speculating though.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

To me. this sounds total BS. He pretty much says West is now open by mentioning GSW situation then follows it up with Rockets and CP3 because Rockets are the next best team in the West. I feel like if Spurs or Utah was the second best, he would have started this BS by saying DeMar or Donovan/Gorbert "wants out".

4. basketballholic

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some people will believe anything.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think there might be one move that make us better if we trade Paul .

And that's if the lakers strike out on Davis and other free agents and decide to take CP3 .

CP3 and Lebron might think they can do it next year , and we wouldn't be asking for early as much as NOP is for Davis . We don't need to ask for kuzma . 2 out of 3 of Ingram , ball , and the #4 is a an offer I would take . Idk if LA does that . We could offer future unprotected firsts to entice them maybe

We could come back a less top-heavy team that's deeper .

Furthermore we then still have Clint and Gordon to use as pieces in trades to reshape our roster . Although I'm not sure I would for anything outside of a Jimmy butler opt in . If Clint can have a mini bounce back year he is super worth it for our team . I like hartenstein but he's not ready to be a contending starting center lol .

6. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I think they might want CP even with Davis.

snowconeman22 and BaselineFade like this.
  7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Hmmm....so Lebron’s mouthpiece is talking down on the Rockets again...surprise, surprise, surprise. Wouldn’t believe a word coming out of Windhorst’s mouth.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chris Paul does not want out.

Chris Paul wants to be a Rockets legend.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Stephen A. says a lot of things.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  10. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

According to you, he would still be a Rockets legend if he left because he will be a former Rocket. Update needed on your Rockets Legend policy?

malakas and adw like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You don't get it.

Chris Paul wants to speed up his ascendency to legend status.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would agree , but at that point they wouldn't have enough cap space to absorb him . Meaning , they'd have to send us back a lot of money . I don't think they have the contracts to do it . Nor would we want them lol .

Which means to get CP3 and AD you are talking 3 way which greatly complicates things . One of the main services LA was providing us in the hypothetical cp3 trade was opening up cap space for us . Now that we have to take back nearly equal salary we need good players for CP3 . In other words , without the space our price in players rose .

LA doesn't have those guys (especially at the right salary) we'd probably want Holliday from New Orleans , but hey they are already giving up AD . They need more from us and probably from LA .

So I think LA has to strike out if we want them to take Paul

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Was honestly thinking his game would age well since he depends more on crafty b-ball IQ rather than athleticism. Was thinking he could retire a rocket and join the coaching staff.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would too if you paid me $10 million a year like he’s getting paid

Chilly_Pete, jordnnnn and treyk3 like this.
  15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, that's what I hoped for but once he got the max deal, I knew it wasn't going to end well. Even if he managed to stay healthy, played well on a reduced role, Tillman would try to get from under that contract by any means, unless the team somehow got to the Finals. If the team isn't competing for championships Morey will make moves. That's just how he rolls.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't blame him. Nobody wants to come here and play with that Harden clown. So far he has managed to piss 2 superstars off with his nonsense.

18. AXG

AXG Member

Trade him to the Lakers

19. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

. . . heading back to the Astros threads

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

CP3 wants out... of the WCF