1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Damn new japan knocked this one out of the tokyo dome.

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

“Death Rider” Jon Moxley!!

3. Fantasma Negro

Loved this match

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

It’s amazing how quickly he became entertaining again after being watered down from WWE creative the last two years.

I like he abandoned the pause on the double-arm DDT.

His promo on Joey Janela on ep.1 of “the Road to Fyter Fest” is so ****ing good. “He’s the Amazon Prime of head trauma”

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Looks like with the final TV tapings before SummerSlam it’s going to be:

NXT Championship
    Adam Cole (c) vs Johnny Gargano

NXT Women’s Championship
    Shayna Baszler (c) vs Mia Yim

NXT North American Championship
    Velveteen Dream (c) vs Roderick Strong vs Pete Dunne

NXT Tag Team Championship
    The Street Profits (c) vs Undisputed Era (O Reilly & Fish)

Matt Riddle vs Killian Dain

Kickoff Show/the pre-show TV episode stuff may be lo Shirai vs Candice LaRae, something with KUSHIDA, etc

It’s great Killian Dain, Apollo Crews & Tyler Breeze are now back in NXT after getting lost in WWE creative. They are all great talents are way over in NXT and they have the opportunity to be showcased in great matches. I’m digging the evolution of Breeze’s character already and he’s still very young.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The build-up to the finishers is one of those WWE style things that drives me nuts. I guess it's supposed to build anticipation so the audience can pop for it, but a lot of times it just sucks the life out of the match while also looking stupid because the guy taking the move has to just sit there, sometimes for like a half a minute, so the guy doing the move can pose and make a face to the hard camera.

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

First confirmed matches from New Japan Pro’s G1 Climax 29: Night One in Dallas, TX 7.6.19

Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kota Ibushi vs KENTA

Will Ospreay vs Lance Archer

“King of Darkness” EVIL vs Bad Luck Fale

SANADA vs Zack Sabre Jr.

*All 30 minute time limits

-Jyshin Thunder Lyger confirmed as appearing

8. body slam

body slam Member

and the smoke show Scarlett Bordeaux is off to make a Impact else where.

[​IMG]

It hasn't even been a week and I miss her already. Hope she does well where ever she end up.

#6688 body slam, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  9. Beavis Stiffler

I guess it’s AEW. I mean if they want to get their TV ratings up higher. Plus, they might also get Killer Kross because of his relationship with Scarlett.

body slam likes this.
  10. body slam

body slam Member

Scarlett seems like she would be a perfect Sunny like fit for the WWE. Not sure how well she would fit in AEW.

Killer Kross may green and only know 3 moves but he has the it factor in just about every other category. Size, look, mic skills and charisma. I'm assuming he'll be gone after Slammiversary.

#6690 body slam, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  11. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AEW will crown a Women’s Champion at All In.

the winner of SCU vs Best Friends vs Private Party at Fyter Fest (guessing SCU) will face another team at All In for a first round bye in the Tag Team championship tournament that starts on their debut TV episode.

12. buffalobills!!!

All Out*

13. body slam

body slam Member

Impact looking like it will have a good show tonight

Moose vs Dreamer
    Tessa vs Jake Crist
    Taya vs Su Young
    Eddie Edwards vs Madman Fulton
    Main Event - Rich Swann vs Johnny Impact, vs Michael Elgin

all this and more tonight on Pursuit and Twitch 9 pm Houston time / 10 pm est

14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

If she can go she’d fit in AEW. They’ve got a very competitive women’s roster too WWE’s that’s for the most part relatively unknown. Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, Kylie Ray, Bea Priestley, Sadie Gibbs, etc all have star power just need the spotlight on TV for people too become invested in their characters. They mostly just feature Brandi on their YouTube episodes with Kylie or Allie getting brief spots. They had zero story on anyone involved in the women’s matches at DorN leading in.

Supposedly Tenille Dashwood (Evil Emma from WWE) is just a matter of time. Sasha Banks seems certain eventually. Would be cool if they could lock in some of the great talent from the Mae Young Classic that NXT didn’t sign..Meiko Satomoro, Mercedes Martinez, Priscilla Kelly (Darby Allin’s wife), etc

15. Andy Sheets

Tony Khan said last week on Austin's podcast that they're planning on eventually crowning women's tag-team champions, and featuring dedicated female teams. If he's serious about that, they're going to need to build up their women's roster quite a bit before it happens.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Seth Rollins and Will Ospreay are still going at it on twitter, lol.

17. Andy Sheets

I don't watch MLW as much as I should, but they had a pretty good episode on this week. The Von Erichs debuted in a six-man tag match against Contra Unit, which then turned into a huge ringside brawl in which a bunch of non-wrestling personnel got beaten down, my favorite part being when Fatu punched the timekeeper to get him to quit ringing the bell.

body slam likes this.
  18. Beavis Stiffler

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/0...aw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

AEW knocked another one out of the park. Glad they kept the face and heel entrance tunnels and the set and production was A+++

Every match was different but incredible!

20. Fantasma Negro

Seriously? That show was terrible, there was literally nothing good on it