1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Klay Thompson tore ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun necessarily think it will be the end of them as Klay and KD suffer similar injuries, they could get together and, you know, make their way back together.

They are already close brothers, so yeah, provided both will stay with the Worriers of course.

Worriers have to sit out one season though.

#61 daywalker02, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Raptors and Bucks are better than us and we play like **** against the Thunder..

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Anyway, good luck to Klay and Durant in their recoveries from terrible injuries. No matter how we feel about them, they are excellent players. Wishing anything else is just bad karma.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Sad folks celebrating the injury on this guy.with that said. What was it klay said when he was snubbed off all NBA again?

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

Feel sorry for the guy who tried to injure Harden...Not Me?!
    [​IMG]

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

8. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

They probably wont even play next season. Durant no way imo. That's if he's even in Oakland.

9. farhen

farhen Member

time to rule the WEST'eros
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. farhen

farhen Member

karma happens :confused:

hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I can’t say I feel bad for Warrior fans.

7-8 years ago most their “fans” were Lakers fans or not even fans of basketball.

I have had to listen to their insufferable comments on how Curry is better than Harden. Next year Curry and his tiny fragile wrists and ankles get to see what it is like to carry a huge load. Good luck Steph!

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not laughing at Klay's injury, but this is hilarious. I lol'd.

Nook, hakeem94 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I was watching the game at work with a couple co-workers, so I have witnesses. I told them immediately as he grabbed his knee that it was a torn ACL. Him jogging off the court and hitting two freethrows didn't change my mind one bit considering there's notable instances of NBA players playing through and to the end of games with a torn ACL.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Valen

Valen Member

When Durant went down, I thought that was some sort of Warrior's karma for Zaza injuring Kawhi. Spurs lost their best player and now Warriors lost their best player. I did not expect Karma God to throw Klay Thompson in there too. Sheesh. That must be tough for Warriors fans now. They had such a string of good health for their run and now they suffer the biggest blow of their franchise. I honestly feel Durant should not have played in the finals. His body was not ready to exert that kind of stress on his legs after the first injury. Anyways, I feel bad for Klay. He is a true warrior. I hope Warriors give Klay the max, he deserves it. Hope both KD and Klay gets full recovery and return by playoff next season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Golden state attendance history since the 2006-2007 season.

https://www.statista.com/statistics...ance-of-the-golden-state-warriors-since-2006/

Article from 2011.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/701026-golden-state-warriors-the-nbas-most-loyal-fan-base

Sure they’ve picked up some bandwagon fans and new fans since their run but they’ve had a loyal following even when they sucked year after year.

It’s not Steph’s fault he’s popular. Of course people say he’s better than Harden.... cause he is.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

So Klay was doing jumping jacks with a torn acl? Lmao yaa okay

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Bad omen for their new spanky stadium. Finals loss, two of their stars out.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It’s really several hours later when the swelling kicks in and you cannot lock or straighten your knee and you stay that way for a long time. People forget there is no push only pull. They always seem so simple but you find torn ACL, MCL, PCL/LCL to a far lesser degree, meniscus torn to shreds, outside cartilage, broken kneecap, and in some cases the crown of the femur is fractured. He is an athlete in great shape but I see massive wear and tear like Durant past breaking point on both injuries. They will drill through the center of the knee and that **** is sore for years if you land on it with minor pressure. Sure people come back from these a little quicker than the Achilles that is now more permanent but it takes that second year to rebuild the conditioning and confidence. Durant’s injury will be listed as a year but it’s really 18 months and then you see what survived. Horrible break for both of them. I doubt Boogie is ever what he was but look at the change next year. After that long break he had some decent games and then broke down somewhat and then the quad. All of these leg injuries compound when they are forced and favoring can compromise the other leg leading to hammy and calf tears.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We're too damn small. Gotta get bigger.

hakeem94 and jboslett like this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Putting on my cold, calculating GM hat for a moment...

How is it the Warriors have gotten so absurdly lucky even in their serious misfortune?

Having two star players on your team suffer possibly career ending injuries, not only at the end of the season, but at their end of their contracts.

If Thompson and Durant never play another minute of basketball the Warriors will not bear any of that burden.

hakeem94 likes this.