1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#RunItBack: Klay with torn ACL, Rockets now the best team in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jun 14, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well the West could be the weaker conference next season.
    The weakest it has been in the last 20 years.

RyanB and dcfma like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I won't say for good with the Worriers....remember Toronto.....all it took was less than 2 years of retooling.

2 major trades, some tweaks here and there.

A brave Lord Commander Ujiri and with the backing of a decent owner.

Voila, from Pretender to Contender. History was made.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Lot of questions surrounding the Warriors …. Both Clay and KD are free agents and have catastrophic injuries.

Do they resign both for their max numbers ? That's a huge risk. Its possible neither return to form …. and they'll be DEEP into the tax in doing so - $talking about a $175m tax bill on top of their salary commitments.

I'm not too worried about the Flakers …. Lebron aint Lebron anymore , even if they get Davis they have to get another top tier star to be legit contenders.

Have to see what happens in FA …. Kawhi may stay put , Toronto can offer him the most money. I believe Butler stays put , he wants the money and Philly can offer him the most. Kyrie …. in NY with what around him ? Boston ? Who knows.

Biggest threat next year is Milwaukee ...

Wulaw Horn, lw17, dcfma and 2 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Denver will never be able to beat us.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This, but can we please bring a couple of small forwards with length who can shoot a little of either a 2 or a 3?

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is safe to say, dun worry about the Worriers finances. They are well taken care of.

If there is one organization, you dun have to worry, then it is them. I never heard them complain about any tax, repeater tax included........

#26 daywalker02, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's not worth rushing him back to barely make the playoffs.

RyanB and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its one thing to spend like that when you feel like you have a real chance to win it all.

Next year they'll have two of their stars spending the pretty much the entire season on the trainers table HOPING that they come back reasonably close to their former selves.

I know GS isn't afraid to spend the bucks - They've shown it time and again and next year will be repeaters. But … $175m tax check for a year in which you are probably a first round exit ? That's a tough pill to swallow.

dcfma and jch1911 like this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Good grief...

Corrosion likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey will build a great roster full of midget brickers.

RyanB, lw17 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

If we run it back with the same squad basically and play the same style....

We’ll find a way to lose to somebody even if it’s not GSW.

Couldn’t even see a game 7 against the Spurs minus Kawhi. Couldn’t make it to game 7 this year with no KD. Almost didn’t see game 7 against the Clippers if it weren’t for McHale benching Harden. Some of you guys are awfully confident for a team that hasn’t been able to capitalize on multiple opportunities.

If Lebron gets a major FA to join him I don’t see him losing to James Harden or anyone else in the playoffs.

Denver is going to be better by default without even having to make a single roster move.

Nothing comes easy for this team. Ever. Even when it seems like it should be.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This. That is the great test I want to see them undergo.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , that was really bad ….

Love and CP3 would spend 30+ games together on the bench playing ugly cheerleader while DJ bricked FT's when the opponent played HackaDJ to keep Harden from doing anything.

lw17 and Mathloom like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

DJ shot 70% from the FT line this year.
    Capela shot 64%

RyanB and UTSA2step like this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Will be interesting to see what happens if KD opts out. Do the Warriors go ahead and offer max deals to both KD and Klay knowing they’ll likely be out for close to the whole season?

If they let both go and renounce all their free agents, they’d be about $20M under the cap. Not enough to get a max guy, but they could sign a couple of solid role players with that type of money. If KD opts-in, do they go to New Orleans and try to get Anthony Davis by using Durant’s contract in the trade?

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think Adrian Petersen unfairly set new expectations on ACL recovery, while everyone forgets he's superhuman. Prior to him, it was a 1-2 year process. Players could come back after a year, but they weren't the same until the following year. So, Klay might play towards the end of next year, but I wouldn't expect him to be the same until some time in the following year.

17. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The guy ran into some bad luck. Since he wasn't traded away for Gasol just keep him.

18. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Nah that's the problem now yo obsessed over the warriors. Improve the team where you can. I just dont have faith in the coach anymore after how he wouldn't play faried at all and the predictable offense

PeterKingX and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Rockets get the 1 seed and Klay and Durant come back just in time to be the 8th seed next season.
    [​IMG]

IvanLCPM, Wulaw Horn, RyanB and 5 others like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

...until we trade Capela and lose the pick & roll advantage vs Jokic :D

HP3 and mikol13 like this.