1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Lakers should trade the #4 to Atlanta for #s 8 and 10. Then trade the #10 to Houston for Capela.

#8, Ingram, Ball, and Capela for AD. Pelicans takes the BPA at #8. Maybe they get Cam Reddish

Capela
    Williamson
    Ingram
    Reddish
    Holiday

Ball as 6th man

Lakers get AD and Houston ends up with the #10 pick and a $15 million trade exception. Atlanta moves up to #4 and takes Culver:

<insert center>
    Collins
    Culver
    Huerter
    Young

2. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

How valuable is the #4, though? The Lakers kind of lucked into that pick, but they lucked into that pick in a three player (at best) draft. Arguably, only a two-player draft. Outside of Zion Williamson and Jorah Mormont ;) there really aren't any prospects considered special. Maybe someone really likes RJ Barrett, but beyond that?

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's the thing. It is not as valuable as one might think.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think I would trade Capela for #10. Would you @Clutch?

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

it might not look like much at first glance but what if it came with a trade exception of $15 million? We could possibly use that $15 million to build back the roster depth that's lost this summer.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No I wouldn't either. I'm not sure i'd trade him for solely pick 8 either. Not in this draft and not with our team's need to improve now.

steddinotayto likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You do know that 15M TPE isn't cap space or anything. You then have to find a team willing to unload a player. Are you going to offer up another asset to do that? Also, there are a lot of teams with cap space that would be competing with that TPE. Just things to consider.

8. Nook

Nook Member

That is great news WOJ!

Do you know what I think WOJ?

I am not a big believer in conspiracy theories..... but it sure seems like the NBA plays fast and loose on the whole integrity of the competitive part of the game.

The league can veto a Chris Paul deal. The league can reprimand players and give them technical fouls and then later, for television ratings excuse the technical fouls so players don't miss any time. The league looks the other way on tampering. The league uses the referees as their own personal pawns, deciding on game assignments and then promoting those refs that do their bidding. So Davis to the Lakers? Why the hell not.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you really believed this why didn't the NBA get Lebron in the playoffs. The ratings suffered because of him not being there. The CP3 deal was bad for the Pelicans. How are Kevin martin and luis scola going to help you that much. It actually saved the rockets. Do you think Pau and Nene were going to take us anywhere?

10. Nook

Nook Member

The NBA can't just "get LA into the playoffs". What the NBA can do is allow things like tampering, control referee assignments in the playoffs or in key games and look the other way with certain behaviors. It isn't pro wrestling. Concerning the Paul deal, I find it very telling that the league has a hands off policy when it comes to trades.... except when it came to Chris Paul, who ultimately still ended up in LA with the Clippers. We will never know what Gasol and Nene would have done, or what other moves they would have spurred.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Imagine not landing AD because of Kuzma

Deuce and Vivi like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, if Ainge is willing to part with Tatum, Brown, the Grizzlies pick and/or some of the 1st he has in this draft, that's probably (if not definitley) better than Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma and the 4th pick...but i don't think Ainge will bite, that's way too risky. Like Mannix said yesterday, if he gives away Tatum and Brown, lose Irving now and Davis in a year, all the asset he got in the trade with Billy King would be wasted for literally nothing.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If they wanted to make the deal, they'd make the deal!

Hard-hitting stuff ;)

Vivi likes this.
  20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member