1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ian Begley] Lakers have made progress toward a deal to land Anthony Davis in multi-team deal.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jun 12, 2019.

1. rockets13champs

Ian Begley very respect Knicks reporter, states knicks will not land Davis and that the Lakers are making progress on a deal

RocketRed84 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

We need to be the 3rd team in this

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. BigBum

BigBum Member

With Achilles, 30 years old Durant has more value than 26 years old Davis?

Need assets to land Davis,

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I wish there were a way to ban Amico tweets. It's such a freaking sham.

5. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

How does that even work in a trade with the small contract assets that the LAL have?

Capela's contract is much closer to AD. The biggest tradeable asset that LAL has is Ball at 7.6M (espn trade machine).

I guess once the draft happens, THOSE contracts can be added to the trade to equalize the imbalance.

Maybe LAL resigns KCP/Rondo/Stephenson and adds THEIR contracts to the trade?

I guess THAT is the price to pay for being the 3rd team in this deal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Would be a good move for the Knicks. Sign Durant, tank while he heals, use/trade good draft picks and use cap space.

like how SA got robinson and duncan

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some of the Knicks.....so yeah not everyone obviously.

8. rockets13champs

Amico rephrased Ian Begleys article

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*Say NO to Amicooooooo*

10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I think that’s why a 3rd team need to be involved to make salaries work.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I didn't realize Isaiah Thomas still works for the Knicks

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

all these teams gonna be getting better this offseason...the Rockets gonna “run it back” with a mediocre addition or 2 added to the crew...sigh

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am curious to see at what speed they try to run or walk it back....

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Actually the Spurs beat the odds that year and moved from the 3rd pick to the 1st pick to grab Tim Duncan. After Duncan, the next three picks were Keith Van Horn, Chauncey Billups, and Antonio Daniels. Tracy McGrady went 1-9 out of high school.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/lottery_results/1997

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:D
    Walk it Back.

(with all gray version of logo)
    Ad campaign could feature me and @Deckard.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. da_juice

da_juice Member

To be honest, I don't see the Lakers trade going through. Apparently they don't want to include Kuzma and the Pelicans are more interested in a third team's assets than the 4th pick. But looking at the other 28 teams...who's out there to make the deal? No contender/wannabe contender wants to enable a potential dynasty in LA. So Houston, OKC, Portland, Philly, Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee, GSW, Clippers (dfor obvious reasons) and maybe even Indiana are out. In addition teams that may have a shot for Davis or other big time FAs (Nets, Knicks, maybe Dallas) probably don't want Davis in LA either.

Break it down further, and how many teams have enough assets to be part of a big package? A rebuilding team could be an obvious choice but most rebuilding teams- Grizzlies, Hornets, Cavs - don't have attractive assets to send to the Pelicans. Other teams (such as the Hawks or Kings or Magic or Bulls) may cover the 4th pick but not if it means giving up on their young core.

A deal I could see- and this is a big IF - is the Wizards getting involved. Something centered around Beal, Ball, Ingrahm to New Orleans and the Wizards getting the 4th pick and maybe unloading one of their larger non-John Wall contracts (as an aside, for as much as it sucks to be a Rockets fan...the Wizards have it ****ing awful).

My prediction? This goes down the same way the Paul george trade did. The Lakers (or Celtics or Knicks or Nets or Clippers) think they're hot **** and hesitate. Another team makes a bold move and overpays (Milwaukee comes to mind but maybe Portland or Utah or the Magic). As to whether or not Davis stays there who knows, but that's my guess.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think they would need to do any of that. They are under the cap and can just absorb AD’s contract

RocketsMAN! and LjGarci like this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was thinking the same

CP3 and AD to the Lakers
    Rockets gets some picks and playable flotsam

Rocket River

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Exactly.

The 3rd team is needed to send more talent. Griffin is looking for: an all star player, a young player with all star potential, and two FRPs.

The Lakers have offered Ingram, Ball, 4th pick. I assume the 4th pick is better than two random FRPs. Ingram's ceiling seems higher as the "young player with all star potential". So my guess is the 3rd team takes Ball and sends an all star level player to the Pelicans. That last part is gonna be tough to pull off. What all star level player can you get for Ball??