1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take the risk of gutting the team to get Davis expiring?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Jun 12, 2019.

?

Would you trade Capela, Gordon and two, three or four future 1st rounders to get Davis expiring?

Poll closed Jun 19, 2019.
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i think we have like 0% chances to get him, but i was just curious to see where most of people around here stand about this kind of move.

Seems like unless he ends up in L.A Davis would likely leave in a year, it would be an all in move for the next season only so, would you be ok with taking that risk?

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yup. id smoke an ounce of bud before i hit accept tho

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

without a doubt yes. extremely easy answer adding AD to harden/cp3.

its the pelicans that would be hesitant, not houston

#3 YOLO, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure, but the Pelicans would laugh at any offer the Rockets gave them compared to what they’re about to get.

5. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones New Member

He'd be by far the best player Harden has gotten to play with in his Rockets tenure. It would be organizational negligence to not pull the trigger on a Davis deal involving anyone but Harden. It works out so frequently for the teams that make these ballsy plays too, Raps, Thunder, etc.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

One little injury to the oft-injured AD and the price of that one-year rental would look pretty idiotic.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like the Lakers want to keep Kuzma and are basically offering Ingram (blood clots problems), Lonzo (with his dad circus) and the 4th pick (or Kuzma if they can keep the pick). Is that really better then let's say Capela and five 1st rounders (one obtained by moving Gordon)?

Like i said i think we have realistically little to no chance to get him, but seems also like other teams (Boston and NY) are not willing to gut their teams to get him at this point so, i guess Boston won't offer both Tatum and Brown, just like the Knicks won't offer all their rookie scale players and the 3rd pick. If all of this is true, he'll probably end up with the Lakers, but maybe another Toronto will come out and get it done in the end.

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm interested in getting involved to snab that 4th pick.

9. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

H*** no. Davis has never done a thing in the nba. Most of y’all act like Harden is all numbers and no results. But Davis actually is all numbers and no results. And frankly, his numbers aren’t even anything special. His performance has not translated to winning at any point.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol hes been to the playoffs. lets not act like he's some empty stat demarcus cousins now, who never went before he hopped on GS

that package op proposed is easily worth it. its not houston that would be making the decision. its the pelicans who would be saying no

luckyman76 and kjayp like this.
  11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

12. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

NO will never offer it, but HOU would have to take it. This is like asking if you would trade five $10 bills for a $100.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's exactly what i though, also cause Davis isn't exactly the most healty player around...not saying i wouldn't do it, tbh i'm torn on this and i can't vote as of now.

In terms of value you do this every single time if you're the Rockets, there's not doubt about that, but if he's really leaving after one season regardless eh...that's a tough call imo. I mean, if we look back at what happened in these kind of scenarios lately, you think about George and Kawhi, at this point you may really want to go all in here, but Rich Paul involment here would make me more hesitant.

14. Moleb

Moleb Member

Id gut the team for A.D. because even if we do that we will be a great location for buy out candidates. Example Marc Gasol went to Toronto. Or how Tyson Chandler went to the Lakers ( when they were 4th seed ).

So yes you gut the team and get buy outs who are ring chasers over the course of the season.

If A.D leaves then trade harden to a team with cap space or for picks. And rebuild with cap space. Tank a few years, keep cap room. And do what New Jersey has done. I mean.. The nets got a great young core despite having no draft picks. And the also have cap for 2 max players. Sign the max players then when young players get good you can resign them due to bird rights. There's a lot of different things you can do.

Highlyrated likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

But you're not asking him to be the #1 option, Harden, Davis and CP3 is a solid start to a lineup.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Maybe.

Gamble seems to be working out for Toronto.

17. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

We didn't even have to gut the team to get Davis

Morey just picked him off the street already. GM of the year

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, without question, but it will never so happen so shrug

19. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

CP3, Harden, House/Clark, PJ, AD w/ Hartenstein, Kenneth, House/Clark is about as interesting as a Rockets lineup there is. You have the always dark looming cloud of possible injury with CP3 and AD. Can we continue to find roll (or is it role?) players to give us meaningful minutes? Is the pressure of going all in too much, or can the vets calm the nerves?

I say yes to this move. Give the Beard a Brow he deserves! Make CP3 grow a fro and call him... you get... Hairy boyz for the win!!!

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I would.....next year and the remainder of CP3’s contract makes us constantly a win now all in team. You do it all day everyday and worry about the risk of failure later. No choice really if it’s even an option.