1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources (ok just me) Rockets to run it back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, Jun 11, 2019.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

best thing is looney is probably gone. he's a big piece of that bench. cousins too? then we have a chance

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Cousins for sure. Or he can soak up all their available money on another prove it deal which is too much to hope for.

3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I think he’s gone anyway. But I’m not optimistic on KD being awesome in 2020 post Achilles.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Next year will be the same result. The rockets are not better than GS, as seen without Durant. What is even the point of this thread?

5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

A team with curry kd Thomson Draymond being a 6th seed.?? lmao.. I hate them as much any any clutchfan but dam, that ain’t ever happening.

If They stay together they’ll be top 2-3 every year.. they could have g leaguers filling up the bench. Won’t matter.

We need one of kd/thomp/dray to flip.

6. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

The rockets have never “ran it back” under the current management team. Never. Not once. So everyone who acts like they do or Will is just a miserable sports fan.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Based on 5 quarters?

I’ll take the Rockets in a 7 game series against GS w/o KD.

The Rockets would beat the Raptors in a 7 game series. The Finals is more about the Warriors not having KD... Looney and Klay not being healthy... Iggy and Curry tired of carrying a huge load.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

What this thread presupposes is that they will be after the grind of a regular season with a depleted dubs team.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

KD is gone or cooked at a minimum for 2020.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This thread probably just cursed us for eternity. Why do you people have to jinx us like this every year?! Run it like diarrhea. :(

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman and Morey has their chance to prove to us they are all in for a chip.

This is the year, provided we're healthy. Harden honestly needs to be on load management throughout the year and we need to make big plays in the off-season. As much as it sucks to see an all-time great go down like that, the west is now WIDE OPEN.

Broke ass Tilman better put money where his mouth is and go deep into the lux tax this year.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

"Sources (ok just you)"?

Are you trying to be an insider? Need to use more qualifying and non-committal statements if you really want to be an insider.

Might I suggest "open to the idea of" or "they are at the 2 yard line" or everyone's favorite "the situation is fluid"

13. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I guess you conveniently forgot 2 seasons of Rockets being beaten by GSW even before they got KD

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol im also in this deranged state of homerism where even if raptors win it all rockets are somehow still 2nd best team in nba.

Its a weird place to be but i get it. With that and ops post and time to think this through since our whooping..you are basically asking still how do you like yourself with harden ? That is against teams that have lebron kawhi giannis ad etc?
    Then separate is what will gsw do? For now to ops point durant hurt cant be a good thing. Uncertainty with thompson igoudala getting a year older. It is conceivable that gsw takes a step back and the harden and parts team breaks through.

So we are not far off.
    Fully expect lakers to be there and my gut still says anthony davis..even with kawhi going to clippers its still ok to say top 5 for rockets. Possible gsw AND rockets take step back. God forbid..

15. amaru

amaru Member

Doesn't matter. Kerr will still spank D'Antoni for the foreseeable future.

16. Nook

Nook Member

It’s not really homerism. The Rockets don’t really have issues against the Raptors. The Bucks and Warriors are the teams I questioned whether the Rockets could beat.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like your sauces ….

18. Nook

Nook Member

Kerr hasn’t really spanked anyone. He was badly out coached by Ty Lue blowing a Finals series. This year he hasn’t adjusted well to the Raptors and has played KD too many minutes in the playoffs.

MDA didn’t coach the defense. For the most part he matches up fine against other coaches. The exception is Pop who has his way with MDA.

The Rockets are going to win or lose depending on the talent they add, their new DC and health.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Considering that Rockets team was vastly different, yeah I did forget it because it isn’t really relevant.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So they get all of thier all stars back and they fall to the 6th seed? Lol.

Durant will be a top 10 player in 10 months. Top 5 in 20 months.

21. amaru

amaru Member

I know MDA didn’t coach the defense. I also know that MDA doesn’t really coach (his own admission) you’re right, this is only the second year Kerr has beaten Mike. It’s hard to keep up with all of his series loses as he has so many. No matter where Mike goes he always seems to be on the losing end of series while making questionable coaching calls.

Rockets are damn near capped out with no real assets (outside of Harden). They probably won’t end up with much of a talent upgrade. Don’t see many star players jumping at the chance to come to Houston for less than market value.

As for health, that’s always the elephant in the room. We already know Old Man River is gonna put up 20-25 (missed games not points) next season. Our role player are getting older so expect them to start doing the same. James is only human and approaching 30....so yea.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.