1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant has an Achilles injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Davis has to drop 1 more team Knicks.
    GS team salary will be 148 million for 9 playersi if kd opt in, klay max, Livingston retired, looney t mle.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Trade Chris Paul for him in a sign and trade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It’s time to care about other things in your life besides sports. Sports is probably like the 40th most important thing in my life.

SWTsig, Asian Sensation and hakeem94 like this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

What bad team? 30 teams will line up and sign durant to a max contract i think. Wouldn't you as a Rockets fan want to sign him? Wouldn't the Rockets front office sign him in a heart beat ? i just don't think teams have leverage even with the injury.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

If Durant stays with GS then he truly needs help and will not ever gain my respect. I’d respect him if he left and gave them no respect whatsoever. No meeting, nothing.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Max he can get is 2 yrs 80 million, he can’t get 3yrs 120 million.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I told my son before the game that the Warriors won't play Durant unless they believed he wound be definitely walk.

Now, Durant will likely sign the max with them, and the Warriors will likely take a gamble with him for the next few years. Given his style of play, he should be an impact player in their system at the minimum.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Just imagine if it's a full rupture of his Achilles and the only team willing to offer him a max is the Warriors (even the super-max that only they can offer). I don't know how many teams will be willing to both guarantee him $35M for a year of no basketball AND take on the risk of the remainder of the deal without knowing how or if he will recover. If he can't recover his athleticism, he could end up one of the worst contracts in basketball. Whereas, for the Warriors, it's no-risk from a talent perspective--they can't use that "Durant money" for anyone else, since they'll still be way over the cap. It would just be a question of the owners being willing to risk the money out of their pocket.

I think this injury just increased the Warriors' chances of keeping him long-term, especially if his tweet after the game means he doesn't hold them responsible.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Bad news for future superstars in playoffs. The slightly injured player ain't risking it anymore. Capela might as well sit since he has a viral infection.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

After Isaiah Thomas messed up his hip permanently this should've already been the lesson. Why play through injury before you get your big payday? I think Durant will still get a ton of money regardless, but playing last night has probably negatively impacted the rest of his career.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Capela isn't up for an extension or a new contract, so why would he care? Same with James and Paul. Now Gordon, he may want to think twice about playing through injury since he is going to be a free agent soon and will want to collect on his last big payday.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The warriors kept calling it a muscle ache or some **** like that never an Achilles injury

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When its not clear-cut (which obviously, after the first injury, there were differing views)... you need an independent/unbiased/non-team employed opinion.

Its impossible for team doctors not to have inherent bias. Its impossible for players to know fully well, without advice, on what they should or shouldn't do with their injuries. Its never just the players decision. Its also never totally the team's decision.

In the end, if Durant really feels he was given bad or misguided advice, there's no way that stays secret... especially after he's already moved on and signed elsewhere. If this was more Durant going against medical advice, the Warriors wouldn't think twice about keeping that a secret.

IOW, truth will likely come out no matter how this plays out.... unless both parties are financially incentivized to keep it a secret.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I hate to be that guy but @Clutch how does this effect the Rockets plan this offseason? Before there was a possibility that KD would return to the Warriors but now with this injury it pretty much guarantees the Warriors are gonna be without Durant next year with or without him leaving in FA. You think it makes it more possible for Rockets to run it back or are they still gonna retool the roster?

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Many of the best players are. It almost seems to be a requirement.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was talking about fans. The folks that hate on Curry. It was a bunch of random reasons that don't really require hate. If you're hating on Curry because he's a great shooter, or a stand-up dude with a nice attractive wife, or annoyed by his mouthpiece, you're kind of just being an a-hole.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Oh ok my bad. Curry used to annoy me with that mouth piece and some of his antics. I think he's tamped that stuff down.

I hate Draymond much more than I hate Curry.

Curry's wife? Annoying.

20. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member