1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now that he has also his favourite gm on the other side of the phone seems like LeDone will get what he wants in the end.

Thinking about this it almost look made up, Lakers somehow get a top pick, NOLA hires ex Lebron gm, Irving is about to leave Boston which also helps the Lakers...

2. rockets13champs

http://tradenba.com/trades/rJYe5i2CN

I figured it out... this is how we complete a Davis trade

Rockets lineup:

Deandre/ Holmes
    Tucker/ Moritz Wagner
    Kuzma/Josh Jackson/House
    Harden/Gordon
    Cp3/ Austin Rivers

The only way it would let me do this trade was to add McGee Bc lakers have to clear 2M but they could very well renounce his rights as well. Free agency we can use MLE on Rivers, match any offer to House or possibly go after Terrence Ross.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Does the Durant injury take NY out of the Davis sweepstakes?

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm going to laugh if the Pelicans get the 3rd pick from NY and draft RJ Barrett. Recreate that Duke team in the NBA.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

So with this Durant injury, wouldn't it make sense for the Pelicans to trade Davis for Durant plus some asset? They wouldn't do so great this year so they get another high draft pick to go along with Durant and Zion. 2020 -2021 will be brilliant.

Plus GSW would be really good with Davis next year

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why would Durant stay in New Orleans in this scenario?

Von Rafer likes this.
  7. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

Well, that is a good point which I didn't think about. He rests for the year and perhaps sees the potential of the following year with some young stars. Can lead the team and fix his legacy...

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would have been curious to watch a Kentucky lineup of.

DeAaron Fox/John Wall
    Eric Bledsoe
    Patterson/DariusMiller
    Davis/Randle
    Cousins

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If the Knicks are hesitant to give up significant assets for Anthony Davis (!!!), they must be confident they can get two superstars.

Could they trade out enough salary to match Davis' $27M and not damage their cap room? Looks like they can get somewhat close with Lance Thomas ($7.6M), Ntilikina ($4.8M), Dennis Smith Jr. ($4.6M), Kevin Knox ($4.4M) and Mitchell Robinson ($1.6M). If they can land AD while still being able to sign two others, I pull the trigger.

But the Knicks have a lot of good young assets with the #3 pick and the Mavs first rounder. They may feel this is the best way to add good role players around two stars.

But AD, man... much, much, MUCH rather have AD than Kyrie.

Nook, Deuce, Hard_foul and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

snowconeman22 and Von Rafer like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i don't see how they get AD for that package, Robinson and Ntilinika are looking like guys who can become great role players, Knox has more potential, but he was pretty bad last season, probably the worst player drafted in top 10, Smith i don't know, just doesn't look like a player to build around to me, gives me Teague/Bledose kind of vibes...i don't really know, if i'm Griffin i ask for the Mavs pick and the 3 in this draft as the main pieces, than one or two between Robinson, Smith, Ntilikina and Knox.

But would you do that if you're the Knicks even if you have no guarantee that another top player is coming? That's a lot to trade for Davis expiring imo, i mean, he's a great player but...i don't know if he's worth that overall.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  13. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

If the Knicks can trade for Davis, and Davis is cool with being on the Knicks, they had better pull that trigger. They don't need a repeat of their big 2010 free agency where all they got was a breaking-down Amare Stoudemire. Nothing is guaranteed in free agency--for any team, let alone the Knicks.

Nook likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Davis does not like pelicans? Why only 2 teams?

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Knicks own the 2021 unprotected and 2023 1-10 protected (1010 in 24, 25 as well, then a second rounder) Dallas first rounders. Those are nice, but not amazing, imo

The #3 pick is a nice get for sure.

But on the whole, I'm perhaps taking the "leak" as more of a this is all we have, we're offering it to you, take it or leave it kind of leak. They certainly don't have what Griffin says he wanted - all-star type player, young player with all-star potential and draft assets.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@Clutch

See I think this is all just gamesmanship. NYK would of course offer up Kevin Knox and the #3 pick for AD - I think. He wants to go/stay there. He's a superstar now. They still have cap space to sign another max guy at least.

But their assets kind of suck. So there is stuff being leaked both ways.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gotta be the Lakers but it just depends on where the players from LA actually end up.