1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant has an Achilles injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So basically because they're a-holes, lol.

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

When **** like this happens can you really blame Kawhi for getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion, and waiting it out?

3. shorerider

shorerider Member

Wow if it's a full tear you don't need an MRI for that. Test for Achilles rupture takes 2 seconds of visual inspection laying flat on a table. You can see from the video of him injuring his leg his calf muscle visibly contracts up towards the knee. That happens when the muscle detaches from the tendon. Not a doctor but had a full tear. Not a pleasant experience and I was never the same athlete since.

#143 shorerider, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    durvasa likes this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I saw the same thing, the muscle seemed to quiver and move upward.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wins over health. That's how organization goes, they're just going to nerve block his Achilles and let him roll game 6. And if he didn't play last game the media would label him a quitter.

houston19519 and DreamShook like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Will he get a max .?

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It looked weird, but maybe he was emotional, felt guilty or something. What was really fake to me was him pretending to heroically take all the blame while making sure to list every person involved in the "collaborative" process to clear Durant. So lame.

RyanB likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Those two guys being Curry and Iggy make it seem VERY unlikely.

If I had to guess which members of the Warriors would have pushed KD for a return, guess 1 through 10 would be Draymond. And I don't even think that makes Draymond a "bad guy"... just the type of guy he is. Guess number 11 through 20 would be Steve Kerr.

I've posted in this thread again, and I know people just don't like Curry for dumb reasons... but he actually seems like a legit good dude. I actually believe his view was probably "love to have him, but he can only come back when he's ready" and left at that.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm still in shock over the impact this has on everything. Durant has deserved criticism for some of his decisions, but I truly feel bad for him on this.

This seems a textbook case of the worst case scenario coming to life for bringing someone back from an injury too soon. It happens in one of the very last games of the season when he's the premier free agent this summer.

I'm not sure what he does. On one hand, I think he stays and rehabs at a full max salary, then hits free agency next year. Even after recovering from this injury, he should get a full max contract. That would get him an extra year of salary.

On the other hand, he could sign a long-term deal with someone now, rehabbing most of (if not all) of the first season.

He might opt out and request another 1-and-1 from GSW, giving him an insurance year at full max as well.

This has a major, major impact on the NBA this offseason.

I do think the Warriors deserve some criticism for this. The emotion from Myers seemed to be coming more from a place where he knew how major this was, how bad they looked and how significant of an impact it would have on Durant and the league.

11. HTM

HTM Member

I'm with everyone who thinks Bob Myers is full of sh*t.

Anyway, this totally changes the landscape of the 2019-2020 NBA season... so that's interesting... could be a real opportunity there... Warriors getting worn down, losing KD and not having any money to reinforce...

clutchdabear, Tfor3, cheke64 and 3 others like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Before he magically healed over the weekend:

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Durant has had to hear about his can't beat em - join em move to the Warriors that's viewed as a knock on superstar mentality for some time now. Durant is thin skinned. He let external and internal criticism of him being viewed as soft, over any injury that I feel the severity has been downplayed to the public, override sound judgment. The Warriors feared losing with 4 of their 5 all stars suiting up and risked the health of the 5th all star to better their shot at another championship.

Myers is crying because he sold their souls to the devil and lost the war while winning a game. No way, you let that guy suit up. His leg was obviously still compromised as it did not take much for his tendon to give out.

Just want to add.... Then immediate reaction from the Raptors fans actually makes me want to see them lose now. Absolutely classless.

I hope Durant opts in and rehabs on the dime of the team whose medical staff should have prevented him from taking the court last night.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm mostly checked out of the NBA for now, but weren't there reports that the Warriors were pressuring him to play in game 5? Basically insinuating that if he didn't get off his ass that he wasn't a real teammate or something? That's the vibe I got, at least...

cheke64 likes this.
  17. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

This makes it more likely he stays and signs supermax deal.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes GS looks bad during all this. It was very clear this was an achilles injury from the beginning in the Rockets game. Reggie Miller knew what it was, everyone in the audience knew what it was. To call it a calf injury was phony and to string this along like he was questionable for every game was ridiculous. For him to actually play, it was obvious the inevitable would happen.

The saving grace is he was miraculously able to contribute to a fortunate win on the road in Game 5. If missed 1 shot that he ended up making, the Warriors season is likely over. Warriors I am sure will rally around this but I feel like if they end up losing this championship, then the decision for him to play looks really bad in my mind.

KD will be fine as he is one of those freaks that bounces back from injury really well. I remember when he had a fractured foot or something and people thought he would never be the same since and yet it seemed like he improved. Not taking an achilles injury lightly but if anyone can bounce back fairly quickly it is Durant. Even Cousins looks pretty solid coming back from that injury although he obviously had setbacks. Keep in mind Cousins is carrying a lot more weight around than KD.

RocketWalta, RyanB and KDavis like this.
  19. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

who cares, karma finally hit that soft b**** KD, he deserves to have this injury, god has spoken, u can't join someone who just beat u in a professional sports and claims yourself to be an elite athlete, athletes compete and try to beat competition, they do not join with their competition to reduce confrontation and competitiveness