1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alabama Legalizes Chemical Castration for Sex Offenders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Jun 10, 2019.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wow, just wow

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Are you for or against? It’s not as bad as it seems and can easily be reversed.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think pedophiles that have a victim under 13 should ever be returned to regular society. The number of unknown victims per offender is extremely high and the chance of being a repeat offender is too high. They can go to special hospitals or communities away from the general public and with the other molesters.

4. Buck Turgidson

I think we should DNA and IQ test people from Alabama...and then decide from there who needs what.

REEKO_HTOWN, Nook, edwardc and 3 others like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A bit intense considering the flaws in our justice system. Also it is cruel and unusual.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unlike the death penalty, this step is not one of revenge but truly intended to be about protecting society from future crimes. Pedophiles in particular are so extremely likely to repeat their crimes

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"If I rape and have a kid . . .I get to keep them and have all father rights?" - Rapist
    "Yes Sir!!! . . . but it will be your last kid" - Alabama

Rocket River

8. Fantasma Negro

I'd be 100% behind a sentence of death by firing squad to all child molesters

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Castration"? Sounds like a very gender-specific term . . . but they castrate females too. Phew!

[Note: Wikipedia conflates women and females.]

When used on women, the effects are similar, though there is little research about chemically lowering women's sex drive or female-specific anaphrodisiacs, since most research focuses on the opposite, but anti-androgenic hormone regimens would lower testosterone in women which can impact sex drive or sexual response. These drugs also deflate the breast glands and expand the size of the nipple. Also seen is a sudden shrinking in bone mass and discoloration of the lips, reduced body hair, and muscle mass.​

#9 sirbaihu, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What qualifies as a sexual offender in Alabama?

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not the first or only state to do this.

Given the 50% or higher repeat rate, should be a life sentence until proven to be “cured”.

I would prefer that any parole of child sex crimes is conditional on opt-in treatment options, one of which is this + psycho therapy. Or physical castration if that’s what it takes for some.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Would that include removing a woman's ovaries or what?

[Edit:] Sorry . . . "removing a female's ovaries."

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's hitting the nail on the head right there something is really wrong with those people there they make the whole south look bad.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's my biggest issues with the law. Sex offender is too broad of a category. Some drunken idiot who pees in public at McDonalds where a family is grabbing a late night snack is now a sex offender. The law needs to be defined strictly for pedophiles.

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Depends. If the impact to the victim, the re-occurrence rate, and effectiveness of treatment is similar, sure. I don't know enough about all 3 to have a position.

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ahhh, someone is beginning to see the tyranny of the gynarchic police state.