1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. shlhl

shlhl Member

Give credit to splash brother and Green

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree!! I for one feel more pain in the almost losses than the blowouts. Almost winning is still losing. The only difference is you get all excited, thinking you are gonna win, and then your hopes and dreams get crushed. The pain of knowing you could have, should have, and then blew it has never been satisfied with the word almost for me.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you hate this team as much as I know I’ve hated, all these years,you want them to lose. I want them to lose bad to the point they get disbanded. I don’t want the rockets to think that they were the only ones to get close (because it has been a false sense of security) I want them to be aggressive with the mentality that if you’re not first you’re last. Morey is a smart guy, he realizes this which is why almost everyone is on the market. I don’t want to be built to beat the warriors, I want a team that’s built to be champions. Organizes, disciplined, attention to detail on the offensive and defensive end. That’s what it takes.

Bearded13, Easy and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

WHO SAYS???!!! F-CK YES IT WOULD BE SATISFYING TO BEAT THE WARRIORS IN ANY FORM, ANY ITERATION!!

Drag b**** ass Rick Barry out of retirement too, he can get that ass whoppin too!

CometsWin likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Exactly, its been 25 years since the Rockets were even in the Finals. Beggars can't be choosers lol

DreamShook likes this.
  6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Steph and Klay went b a n a n a s. I'm sure they will have other good games, but for them both to have two more incredible games in a row is unlikely. Raps in 6!!

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want the Rockets to be the only team to tear their throats out. I don't give a f-ck about the NBA. I don't care about any other team snatching the Rockets glory. I want the Rockets to be the ONLY team to take the glimmer of hope from GSW eyes. I don't care how selfish it is, I don't want to share.

When/If Raps win, all the stuff the Rockets did while everyone else in the NBA was content to just let the GSW dynasty play out will be for nothing. Never forget, it was the ROCKETS who were the only team willing to challenge the Warriors and not care who knew it.

WinorLoseMate likes this.
  8. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Me. Beating half this Warriors team will be one part satisfying, one part waiting till the bully who used to take your lunch money and humiliate you is 80 before you can stand up to him.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

No credit to Donkey but the ass bros stepped up

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

First team to 100 didn't win tonight.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

10 boards, 8 assists, good defense all over the floor. He even made half his threes after not being able to buy a bucket for a couple games. He earned credit.

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's a great player. Hit a BIG three pointer. Blocked Lowry's last second shot.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. WestendMassive

Bob Myers is a scumbag of the highest order.

Ramps up the pressure on KD to play when he was clearly injured, then tries to act like he's devastated when he got hurt.

Warriors a trash organisation, just like Boston

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw brah, that the wrong analogy.. One bully from the gang simply moved to different school. The Gang needs to be dealt with.

Even if KD leaves or is on the shelf because of injury, GSW is still young and with many All stars. They are still formidable without KD.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can't believe they guilted KD into playing when he wasn't ready.. GSW is trash.

WestendMassive likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

This Finals schedule sucks!
    Thursday?! :rolleyes:

18. shlhl

shlhl Member

It shows How desperate Warriors team is for this game to risk his reinjury.

19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

5+ hour flights between Toronto and Oakland. The league doesn't want bad Finals games because players are exhausted.

csnerd84 likes this.
  20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Looney's out or at the very least very hurting in game 6. Which means the Raptors will now have 4 full quarters to exploit Boogie. And they've already won in Oracle before. SURELY they can close them out now? Or does the "superior" main man with his "superior" role players and their "superior" style of play ticking every box in Clutchfans' "What Harden and the Rockets should have done" checklist need even more handicaps?