1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade our personnel minus Harden for Raptors personnel minus Kawhi and Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Would you trade ours for theirs?

1. Yes

83.9%
  2. No

16.1%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You didn't show me any proof anyone would want the raptors roster a couple weeks ago.

And what Nowitzki did wasn't miraculous. It's what stars do. If he's not that good then he's the Karl Malone of guards, a star who didn't have quite enoug

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Your position is determined by the player you guard. Harden defended 3's ans 4's.

With Gordon in the line up he is clearly not guarding bigger wings.

On offense there is no difference between the 2 and 3.

3. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Dirk putting together a massive performance and ending up beating prime Lebron James, prime Dwayne Wade and prime Chris Bosh is not miraculous.

People have to prove that re-stated that the Raptors are good enough to win it exactly 2 weeks ago.

You can't win a title with Karl Malone and John Stockton if you put a better team around them.

Thanks for the chat dude.

4. Mr. Clutch

Dirk did what a championship superstar is supposed to do. Malone and harden did not.

5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

well im kinda curious how morey will build around him. kawhi has had great power forward as team mates. and that seems to be moreys struggle finding a very solid PF.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Don’t agree that all those things are a problem. Turnover to usage is fine. Pace... compare Kawhi and Harden as well as Houston and Toronto vs GS. Almost identical. More consistent defense has been here for a while. Better shape? Or maybe he can take 20 games off per year, or have healthy all star teammates who can help carry the load all season? Might help.

lol. But come on man don’t play the “I’m the real fan” thing here. You don’t think he can do any of that.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

He did it in 2013-15. You hofs just don't ask much of him.

Also the tov% is misleading because of how slow and little the rockets pass. For him to still have so many turnovers is crazy.

Raptors were 15 in pace and rockets tied for 23

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden’s pace vs GS ~98
    Kawhi’s pace vs GS ~ 98
    Houston’s pace vs GS ~ 98
    Toronto’s pace vs GS ~ 98

He’s had 1 despicable turnover year 2016/2017. That’s it. Other years have been just fine.

His turnover % is misleading in the opposite way you think. He has the ball the most, drives to the basket the most, creates the most points. The guys with less turnovers have the ball less, drive less, create for other less.

Reeko and HP3 like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

You can't take the sample size of one series. Harden slows the ball down way more than kawhi.

Kobe and Jordan when they were scoring 35 ppg had much fewer turnovers.

It wasn't just 2015/16. It was also 17 and that spurs playoff game. 18 and 19 were better but he has continued to play his slow style that doesn't work in the postseason.

2015 was by far his best playoff run for a reason .

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only thing that’s been stopping me from being firmly in the “Morey is overrated” camp is that we would’ve won a title last year if not for 1 hamstring injury...that’s it, because over the years there have been a lot of dud moves

now we’re 1 of the oldest, shortest, and least athletic teams in the league...we have 1 of the worst contracts in the league in CP0, and we have no cap space and lack assets

at this point, whenever I see someone post some unrealistic trade proposal that they think could actually happen due to “Morey magic” or people insinuating that Morey is a god I just roll my eyes...”Morey is playing chess, while these other GM’s play checkers”...sure man, sure

11. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Why put j Lin's name in there? The dude played 1 min in the finals.

BamBam likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Siakam is so underrated here, he'd be the best player on both teams if you discount Harden and Kawhi.

This is a no brainer and before the playoffs I'd take their supporting cast over ours. The only thing I worry about is Harden can't produce the same defense as Kawhi.

D-rock, harold bingo and justtxyank like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

OP didn't want people to vote based on whether they liked Lin or not.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Impossible. You could never had known their supporting cast is better than ours. PROVE IT! :D

16. Mr. Clutch

So many Raptors fans in here.

tc0330 likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

So you'd go back in time and post this? Or did you actually believe and post it somewhere before the raptors made the finals?

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

You keep saying this. It's beyond annoying, it's a complete distraction away from the points being argued against you.

It's pretty straight-forward logic, but you seem to not get it. Let me explain to you something very elementary:

Saying that the Raptors team have a great supporting cast doesn't equate to a fan all of the sudden being a Raptors fan. It just means, people think Raptors roster is good.

For that matter, I ****ing hate the GSW. But they have a great roster. Again, I hate the damn team.

I don't give a damn about Raptors. I'm not the one drawing comparisons between Harden and Kawhi, it's literally everyone else who wants to throw Harden under the bus when he's the only reason we even got the 4th seed in the West.

D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Won game 1. Dropped 32.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we are also trading Morey for Masai Ujiri than yes

If not, no