1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

unless a Capela trade is brining in Jaylen Brown, I’m not interested

2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Can we make a rule on this site to not have any more Celtics trade rumors. Danny Ainge is a #%^* and would never trade with Morey as they both have to rip the other team off. Morey will at least offer somewhat fair deals, but Ainge would ask for Capela and 3 first rounders for Rozier. Can’t stand how unrealistic he is and though I think Morey has turned into a very poor GM the last year, he would never let Ainge totally rip us off (only type of deals Ainge does).

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Wtf , then why made the thread? Lol

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So true. Boston probably went Hayward for Capela/Gordon

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2msxbjn

Then Boston could include Horford into a Boston trade for AD.

Hayward and his 12 points per game last season.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown is another underutilized star-in-the-making... he'll flourish with more freedom. Checks all the boxes off the floor too. Currently VP of the NBPA.

RocketRed84 and BaselineFade like this.
  6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

No disrespect to Codman, but has he ever been right about anything?

Corrosion and bmd like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Celtics fan wrote "
    Regarding Horford - possibly you include Yabusele and take back Capela + Eric Gordon, and then use a late draft pick to dump Gordon's salary?

Theoretically after that, we have enough cap room to deal Tatum for Davis w/o a bunch of extra salary and end up with something like?

Smart, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Capela

I have no idea what to make of that team, except that it would be interesting...
    "

Find it funny there fans think we are going all in for Al, and dumping 1 25 year old center who is great player, and eric gordon 3pt scoring machine for a used up 33 year old Al Hordord. Al is in the decline, and avg 13 pts, 6rpg lol This fan is obviously delusional.

Sledge187, D-rock and tc0330 like this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

That sounds right, but Ainge always demands a first rounder included too. Capela/Gordon/2020 First Round Pick for Hayward and 2019 Second Round Pick.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

we are going to start the year with the same roster unless its a trade for another star.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just don't see a scenario where Ainge trades Brown in a Capela trade...

If he trades for Davis, Brown will either be in that package, or stay because at that point they would've like 4 max salaries on the roster without a SG/SF. If for whatever reason Davis doesn't end up in Boston and Irving bolts, they'll build around him and the other young players.

11. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Credit, this guy knew something all along.

Have the users he called out apologized yet for being so wrong?

BigShasta likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jaylen Brown is all I want from that team. Obviously I'd take Tatum but there's no chance.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

The Celtics and Rockets have spoken and discussed a lot of things. Just keep in mind that Danny Ainge and Daryl Morey both tend to over value their own players. Also Ainge is very difficult to trade with.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He should apologize for suggesting
    Jared Uthoff
    Thon Maker
    Anthony Randolph......

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Jaylen Brown and Baynes for Capela wouldn't be unrealistic

Htown Legend, treyk3 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

now that's a trade i'd be fine throwing in a future first for.

ickaruto likes this.
  17. bmd

bmd Member

It's my opinion that codman is a fraud. I can't recall him ever being correct about anything. And the fact that he speaks in riddles is childish and silly. As if that's some kind of plausible deniability if he really was leaking inside information. The whole shtick is just stupid.

And as for all of these other message board "insiders", I could see someone getting a bit of inside info once or twice ever if they are acquainted with someone who is a friend of a player or something.. but the only way someone is going to get inside information regularly is if they are constantly in contact with agents. Agents will leak information, but they leak to journalists, not some random message board people so they can make a hot thread on Clutchfans.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As if you aren't one of his burner accounts.

MorningZippo, D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

It's amazing that people can read that and not understand that he was talking about 2 different things.
    1) a trade for Capela
    2) resigning Rozier

HTown_TMac likes this.
  20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Hundreds and hundreds of deals are discussed throughout the year.... not all materialize or come to fruition. In fact, only a fraction do. I believe @Codman and his connections are legit, just because not everything he has heard and relayed to clutchfans hasn’t come true doesn’t mean he’s a “fraud”. @Codman and @cyberx yall are appreciated for your ears and sources and it damn sure makes the off-season and the trade deadline interesting. Keep us updated when y’all hear anything, please!

Cdub37 and saleem like this.