1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

When harden gets consistent help, you'll change your mind

Hmc415 and Stephen_A like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

Tillman should listen to the board, and stop spending money on this team, and trade every decent player the rockets have, and go back to treading mediocrity and finishing between not good enough to lose in the first round but not good enough to get a lottery pick (that they would hope would be 1/2 as good harden).

The board is more peaceful that way.

CCity Zero and steddinotayto like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Raptors always have problems with the rockets similar to the jazz. It’s one of those teams that hasn’t matched up well against us. So not sure why you think they’d beat us.

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol when harden passes you people say he’s passive or shys away from the moment. When he scores or takes the ball to the hoop you say he plays hero iso ball and selfish lmao make up your minds people.

Reeko, Hmc415, TEXNIFICENT and 2 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Raps are pretty good.

Even Derozan could take them to the ECF not facing Lebron. He ain't that bad.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The people who b**** about Tillman are the same who prop up the “good ole days” with Les as if he wasn’t a mediocre owner himself. The only innovative thing Les did was hiring Morey—that’s it.

Stephen_A likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

well Morey has had a bunch of years to do it and he's not getting close. Maybe you are saying Morey should get fired and replaced by Masai Ujiri.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

A lot of folks on this board demonize harden. Does this sound familiar? Tmac and Francis were demonized the same way. Any coincidence? When will any of these so called fans be happy. Again I say these people if they were given the talent and opportunities by god to play professionally in the NBA very few of them coupled uphold their unrealistic and unreasonable standards for what a great player is.

9. blackistan

blackistan Member

I think Kawhi has been better than Harden for some time now...if that comes as a surprise then your just being naive to the truth

tinman likes this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No

11. steddinotayto

I don’t think people are taking issue with the fact that Kawhi is the better all around player than Harden. I think the issue is that “100x better” part as to say Harden isn’t an elite player which is 100x false.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Damnit, I knew someone would start a thread like this.

No, Kawhi is not 100x better than James. Even someone who scored poorly in the math content area of school could look at advanced stats and tell you otherwise.

Kawhi CANNOT do what James does with the ball. That includes the infinite methods of scoring AND (underrated) setting up the entire court so that each player becomes a weapon, when or if the defense collapses on James. Like a puzzle, James places guys like Tuck, Capela, CP and EGo in just the right spot for him, so that he can set them up. It's like art.

Kawhi can score, sure. But, is he unstoppable on offense? No. Is James unstoppable? Yes, or as close as it comes to the word, by virtue of either getting the bucket or forcing guys to foul.

Is Kawhi the better defender? YES, YES, and YES!*****BUT...
    James has to exert most of his energy on offense, especially this year when CP3 had an off year, so it's hard to expect him to be like Tuck on defense
    ****James was second in scoring, a leader in deflections, and if you're honest, he was one of the BEST post defenders in the entire league.
    But, is KL a better defender than James? Yes, and that's not surprising.

Things to notice:
    1. The Warriors are STARTING the finals without KD: We had to deal with him until, what, Game 5?
    2. The Warriors are playing an injured Klay (at some point) :We had to play Klay
    3. The Raptors are kind of playing Rocketball, with the 3s, KLow kickouts and CP3 moves
    4. Pascal is what Clint should have been :(

I missed a few, but when it comes down to it, this was a matchup dream for the Raptors with injuries and Pascal being Draymond's father.

Player to player, James Harden is the better overall offensive weapon without a question. Regardless of Kawhi's defense, this league is built on winning through OFFENSE now. You don't have to be the best defensive team to win anymore but it helps.

Props to the Raptors. Finish this Oakland Trash. End what was killing the NBA: A mini-dream team of scared players who didn't want to win without all the help in the world. That's not how you do it....5 all stars? Are you kidding me?!

Karma Hope: Draymond has injured so many players, many of our own. For James' eyes, I hope Kyle Lowry uses that PJ Tucker muscle and LEGALLY fouls Donkey hard enough that his teeth bounce across the floor like my grandma does when "Hotline Bling" comes on. Hi, Drake. :)

Love yall,
    Cod

13. steddinotayto

What are your ears telling you about Ne’s plans for next year, Cod?

14. Codman

No ears, just straight conversation with the guy. Summer for him is all family, which is different for him now. Larger families, I guess.

He's happy in Houston. Just like last season, near deadline, he was very happy. He feels good, healthy. Ne is spiritual and very open to the natural order of things. So, without putting words into his mouth, he loves Houston and being part of the Rockets. But, he understands the business after being part of the league for so long, and he's not hiding behind his age and health. He's been loved here (esp. by James), so he is thankful for the future. Always thankful...

Not his words, but if it comes to it, he'll be clear that he doesn't want to be part of any rebuilding process. If he's healthy, he still wants to play for the chip.

....Sorry if that wasn't "spicy." But that's all I've got. :)

15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Ooh, Rockets fans are triggered. You have no more excuses. Had two games (including one that was tied up with 15 minutes remaining) without KD and still blew them with a healthy roster. You guys are done with excuses. "ISO ball worked; it's just that Chris Paul got injured." "We were scoring just fine (until clutch time) and yada yada." Nothing to show for it. I wouldn't be so confident in your views.

16. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Harden would be shooting 25-30 times with those guys in there and passing it out at the last second when he can't get a shot off. Stop it. Also, Harden doesn't have even close to the defensive impact as Kawhi. Enough.

17. steddinotayto

I hope he picks up the player option. Hope you’re doing well fighting that good fight Cod

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Regarding the larger families.

Not trying to gossip but it is true that he parted with Lauren and started another family? That could have been a while ago.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has improved as a leader and even as a defensive player.

The thing holding Harden back is Mike D’Antoni and Moreys offense that relies too heavily on him.

I would to see Harden just do pull mid ranges all day

20. Codman

The Prothe family is doing well. Kids are good, too. I attended Ashley's (sister) wedding not too long ago.

I'll leave it at that. :)

daywalker02 likes this.