1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he sucks more dick than harden so w/e i guess he's better

2. PWR

PWR Member

A strong coach and gm would make him sit. Chris Paul sat out 20+ games this year. Switch it. Make Paul play 77 games. Let James miss 20.

amaru likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Paul is old and broken so it’s an easier case to make.
    Plus he’s going to miss 15+ games due to injury anyway. Might as well go head and mark them down.

Plus Mike will never go for it. If Harden sits then he’d actually have to coach. Mike D’Antoni doesn’t coach. Remember....he actually said that! We have a “head coach” that doesn’t coach LOL

PWR likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Lol fact?

That's like, your opinion, man

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is better during the regular season, Kawhi is better during the playoffs

Harden is an iron man, Kawhi has durability issues

Kawhi said in an interview that aired today that he wouldn’t be playing right now if he hadn’t missed those 20+ games for load management...he said he wouldn’t be able to go if he had tried to play the entire season

I would take the Raptors’ supporting cast over the Rockets any day of the week as well. Who in the Raptors’ rotation would u consider a scrub or a liability? Unfortunately, Harden had to deal with CP0 not showing up and Clint morphing into trash.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It is a huge margin. Because of the playoffs.

Kawhi plays better in the playoffs consistently. He’s upped his PER this year, as he did the last two times in the playoffs.

There’s something to be said for his demeanor and lack of caring about being the best and just playing. Of course there’s been other great players who were very vocal about being the best.

Whatever the persona, whatever the reason... we’re many years now into Harden’s playoffs being worse than his regular seasons... and other guys being different.

At this point we’re waiting in Harden to have one amazing entire playoff run to a championship.

Maxgx and DreamShook like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, but I don't think it's a huge margin.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kawhi >>>>>
    Masai >>>>>

but but but Raptors have a better roster!

Yeah, blame your GM (who walks on water around here & been here 12 years)

Masai, if they can finish it off, gonna do it in 6. And the Raptors never even tanked either!

Kyle Lowry - trade
    Danny Green - trade
    Kawhi Leonard - trade
    Pascal Siakam - draft (2016; 1st round 27th overall)
    Marc Gasol - trade

Fred VanVleet - undrafted
    Serge Ibaka - trade
    Norman Powell - draft night trade
    OG Anunoby - draft (2017; 1st round 23rd overall)
    Jodie Meeks - free agent
    Patrick McCaw - free agent
    Jeremy Lin - free agent
    Malcolm Miller - free agent
    Chris Boucher - free agent
    Jordan Loyd - free agent
    Eric Moreland - free agent

9. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t get into the “who is the better player” debates because they are honestly stupid. Basketball is a team game. Being the best player doesn’t matter if there is a large talent gap between you and your teammates.

That’s the elephant in the room in this discussion. 2-15 for Toronto is significantly better than 2-15 for the Rockets. Hell their damn coach is better than ours!

bballjunkie likes this.
  10. PWR

PWR Member

I get it. I still would run Paul's old a## into the dirt during the regular season and let James rest 20+ games. I would get my $40 mil worth. You make more money than Harden...you play more minutes.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the sh-t @J.R. . pollutes the GARM with.

RichieBanks and HP3 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP0 is incapable of playing that many games...u can pencil him in for 20+ games missed due to injury every year

Harden probably feels like the team can’t afford for him to miss too many games...Kawhi missed 22, and Toronto went 17-5 and still manages to win 58 games...Harden missed 22 games or anything even close to that and we don’t make the playoffs

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Sh-t". Facts.
    Don't be mad.
    I know you're rooting for the Warriors so the Rockets "look good". (LOLOLOL)

BeardNation13 likes this.
  14. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

This forum is sooooo full of ****. How many excuses do you guys give harden? How may years has he failed us? How many more will he?

One guy does it and one guy doesnt.

Stop f'in making excuses. Maybe if harden was so great someone would step up, like how you claim people always do for every other player.

The facts remain - harden has never done it. Stop arguing - it is what it is.

Harden is a chocker - it is what he is. Appreciate his reg season triple dubs, cause thats all we will ever get

Maxgx and bmelo like this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

what a bullshit espnesque narrative. Kawhi was legitimately injured and wronged by the spurs organization. He made the spurs contenders and he put the raptors in win now mode. They were an underperforming playoff team that otherwise wouldve gotten bounced in the eastern conference again.

BaselineFade and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

I feel you but....

Lol D’Antoni ain’t going for it. He’s riding the Harden horse right into retirement. That’s why he only wants an extension for however long James will be around.

PWR and J.R. like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm also rooting for GSW so Clutchfans doesn't go down in flames for the rest of the summer.

BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  18. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Kawhi is a super-star, while James Harden is an all-star.

that tell the differences.

Maxgx and BeardSanity like this.
  19. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Really? What I see from the raps is I wish capela had bigger cajones like pascal

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Spurs are the most gassed organization lmao

Didnt do **** until they tanked for duncan and now they are supposed to be the greatest run franchise in sports