1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Uniforms for the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 5, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

IIRC the pajama unis happened because of a vote as well so.....

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No way there was a vote on those. At least not a public vote.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, it wasn't a vote...but it was a contest. They asked people to submit designs for a new logo...someone submitted toothy rocket and they went with it.

B-Bob and steddinotayto like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thanks for the correction @MadMax . I knew it was something kooky that got us to where we were at that time.

Blurr#7 and MadMax like this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

In the fog of alcohol and...other stuff...after title #2, I don't have much of a recollection of those years.

MadMax likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If the new secondary logo reveal is indicative... I am not anticipating a clean re-do of the uniform. Slight change in the font (at least good to get away from the dripping blood font; but it won't be consistent with the primary logo that they are keeping for some reason). Maybe the addition of a grey color in trim ( e.e. the grey featured in the new secondary logo).

I am not that big on the catsup/mustard schemes of the past... but I would have preferred a return to a more clean/traditional look. To do so they'd have to lose the dripping blood logo. So not optimistic on the new uniforms.

[​IMG]

macho GRANDE and justtxyank like this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately this will probably be the high point of the offseason, lol.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Enough with the Saturn/Toyota worship, get rid of the ring.

9. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Wow. How did anyone with design experience get away with this?

But then again, look at our performance this past season. The two were made for each other.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That looks ****ing terrible. Who the **** is in charge of this **** over there? Does the guy at the hot dog stand also do our design work? He/she’d probably do a better job. I mean god damn how hard is it to design a decent logo? This **** pisses me off almost as bad as the losing to golden state every year.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I can’t figure out why they are so enamored over the current red “R” logo... it’s so incredibly uninspiring, so..... juvenile. Literally looks like a college graphic design project.

I really don’t get it other than it must sell like hot cakes in China.

12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

This logo is not good

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They didn’t change the logo

14. rockets13champs

It’s the same **** as the old logo we just added a gray basketball

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only Letter that resembles a Rocket?

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s not wrong though. The logo, is indeed, not good.

Richie_Rich and samtaylor like this.
  17. rockets13champs

If we’re keeping out black uniforms then it is probably similar to that

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, they "Houston Rockets" font was changed from the previous dripping blood design to a more traditional font. The basketball background is also a more traditional design (and helps people know the Rockets play basketball... the weird Saturn's ring was supposed to communicate that). Its like they hired the designer the Detroit Pistons hired to create the snorting horse design or the pelican design and not the designer that designed the Brooklyn Nets (or Celtics/Sixers classic designs). So instead we get rocket cartoons or bizarre sci fi/horror designs.

Just amazes me that the Rockets organization could be so bad at uniform and logo design. Especially contrasted to the Astros.

tmoney1101 and NickKent like this.
  19. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Don’t screw this up Fertitta.

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The late, Oscar-winning costume designer Eiko Ishioka designed the current logo. It's kind of weird it's lasted for two decades because the concept of it seems so unique to her. To me, it doesn't feel like a timeless, inspiring, accessible sports image. It feels like just one of her many projects.

Eiko Ishioka loved red. And not just any red: Like every element of her life, the red Eiko (pronounced AY-ko) favored had to be something very specific—in this case, a dark but vibrant scarlet verging on maroon that to her telegraphed a mix of elegance, danger, and intelligence. Her red evoked her native Japan, and one of Eiko’s missions throughout her dazzling and eclectic career—which included graphic design, art direction, and the invention of theatrical worlds through costume—was to forge a visual bridge between the East and the West.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/eiko-ishioka-late-costume-designer-and-art-director

The Cell

[​IMG]

Dracula

[​IMG]

The Fall

[​IMG]

#80 dc rock, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019