1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston officials actively exploring the trade market for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i wonder how valuable pj is to be considered on the block. it must be extra high since hes even being considered movable.

if you think about it, a few months ago we were a pj tucker deal away from getting butler... now teams seen him during this years playoffs and im sure theyre drooling. makes you wonder what big names he can get now.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

We'Re GoInG tO kEeP aLl Of OuR kEy PeOpLe.
    We LoVe OuR StArTiNg FiVe.
    We WoUlD lIkE tO dO aN eXtEnSiOn WiTh ErIc.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Posters here are more knowledgeable than nytimes.

4. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

41% on corner threes

malakas, Von Rafer, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Ib4 morey confirmation for all players staying...:rolleyes:

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

P.J Tucker is 34 years old, I think rebuilding is now the time, no doubt P.J gave is all, but he is flawed in creating offense, like the rest of the players on offense, plus Curry blows past him.

P.J is a bench player that bring energy that should play limited 15 - 20 minutes,but this team is so flawed, he was playing 38 minutes.

The Rockets need a rebuilding really badly, or get 1st round picks, then trade them in a package for a Aaron Gordon, Lauri Markannen.

The NBA is a 20s players age League, players at age 34 or above are trying to survive.

Stormy1234, Rudyc281 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While I say he is in the Playoffs, in the regular season it is too taxing to demand a perfect game from him every time in terms of poise.

So he has his bad games in the regular season and 0 Points.

He is also 34 yrs old, and that is not something everyone should forget.

I think his contract is still good in contrast to CP3's so I think that is a strong reason he will be favored to Eric Gordon and Capela.

If they value Offense though Gordon is the way to go.

If they blow it up, retaining Tucker would mean little. A contender would need him more urgently.

Battier also won a ring somewhere else, and I would wish it for him.

#27 daywalker02, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Gray_Jay, Rudyc281 and BigggReddd like this.
  8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Going to miss Tucker's 72 minutes a game and 3 pts.

brosef likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

it better be for someone equally as secksy as thicc.

10. TheSource

TheSource Member

We will not trade any of them and start the season with the same core as last year.

11. basketballholic

1. We're not trading PJ.... unless Harden wants him to go... and Harden doesn't want that right now.

2. We aren't trading CP3..... unless he wants to go.... and Cp3 doesn't want that right now.

3. We are trading Clint Capela because we have to change our style of play and he won't fit that change and he's the third highest player on the roster on a long term deal that becomes a huge negative if he gets injured.

4. We will probably trade Eric Gordon for a starting 3 or for needed assets for a starting 3.

5. We're not blowing the team up. We are changing peripherals out for system upgrades.

malakas and brosef like this.
  12. Game7

Game7 Member

I thought you had us trading for Kuzma and the Lakers lotto pick followed by flipping that pick for Siakam? What’s the 3rd trade you are expecting? If we get another big and a pg you will be spot on! Can’t wait to see it all come to fruition.

harold bingo and BamBam like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trading P.J. Tucker, Eric Gordon, Clint Capela individually for 1st Round Picks

The Rockets need Youth really badly, the Old Age shows in late 4th quarter.

Stock up as many picks picks as possible like the Celtics did

Package for Kyrie Irving

Drafted
    Jayson Tatum
    Jaylen Brown
    Terry Rozier

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'll be pissed if they trade Tucker. He's essentially the grinder on this team that does whatever the team needs done. Don't you dare, Maury.

HP3, Sanctity and BigggReddd like this.
  15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Name me attainable players (if you can even list ONE I'll be surprised) for under $10mil a year that offer 1st team all Defensive capabilities & lazer shooting from the corners. I'll wait

malakas and HP3 like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Harden needs to GO. No matter who we bring in, Harden's basically gonna stand there at halfcourt & mope while they initiate the offense. He's never ran the court on fastbreaks or cut off the ball. Basically if the balls not in his hands he's useless. Blow it up

slpntz, chadyang, BruceAndre and 2 others like this.
  17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Let's put your words into context first.

He should not be traded at all. It's not his fault CP3 was awful in playoffs and PJ had to be relied upon much more than needed. At this point, he should be a 5th scoring option on a championship team. Maybe 4th for a game or two if injuries/foul trouble exist and that's about it.

Saying "he didn't do enough, let's trade him" is very shortsighted. Compare Ariza 1st and 2nd stint with Rockets. His role was minor in 2nd go. PJ had to do stuff he can't do because players who are responsible for doing "more" were invisible (CP3, Capela).

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

PJ is the soul of the team and imo he was pound for pound our best player in the playoffs, i absolutely love him and don't want him to be traded. I also think between those three guys he's the one the Rockets will try to not trade because his contract is just great for a team about to be in the tax.

But i pretty much thought the same about Pat few years ago, PJ is also 34, if he's what's needed to bring a star here, sadly, i think you trade him.

HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I cannot imagine one team that has plenty of stars and are willing to part with one other than Golden State.

And GSW has never traded away one of their stars, much less for a 34 yr old top role player nonetheless.

Philly is probably your next destination, but I am not optimistic.

Or may we try flip Tucker and Gordon for high draft picks and flip them again for a player.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

There are other players in the league that plays like Tucker on defense, but are better creators on offense, better rebounders. At age 34 he can decline quickly like Ariza, Chris Paul.

Aaron Gordon at age 24 is one of the few. Will Daryl identify those types correctly and make a huge package of 1st Round picks.

James Harden needs a scoring sidekick, in the post and at the Point Guard, Young, Athletic, Tall Wings

PG Kemba Walker
    SF Kelly Oubre Jr. is a RFA
    PF Aaron Gordon, Daryl must try to get him at all cost