1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Don’t think we can sign and trade Shumpert while packaging him with other players.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You can’t be serious.

Lurch, BigggReddd, bulkatron and 8 others like this.
  3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

**** Kevin Love.
    I don't want anything to do with that shithead.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , that's a sure fire way to end up with the 15th pick …. Harden would drag those 4 guys from the local YMCA to the playoffs …. while Love and CP3 cheered him on from the bench.

This aint happening. Don't know why so many people buy this mess.

3-4 years ago …. Morey might have been looking at Love , today , not so much.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson for Chris Paul works salarywise.............just saying lollll

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Love > Butler if your goal is to win the lottery.

Would have to bench Harden tho ….

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Wouldn’t work; Harden smashed his baby mama

Captain Hook likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They got something to talk about during practice.

topfive likes this.
  9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Gerald Green should never play in the NBA again.

I’m positive there’s an athletic, motivated g-leaguer who’s playable out there. Much like House or McKinnie for GS.

Lurch likes this.
  10. Pete the Cheat

If we can embrace Jason “DickPunch” Terry I think we will get over this one

Nook likes this.
  11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The only problem is Harden would be in the same boat as he is now unless he joined Golden State.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

@PWR you're a madman. But now I kinda want to see this happen. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out.

PWR likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

love is good, but good enough to move the needle, especially if we have to give up any good pieces we have already to get him.

we need a guy that can carry the load, create his own shot, draw attention away from james, or be able to make teams pay when they don't.

i want to see a real star here, but it doesnt appear that is ever going to happen while james is in his prime.

amaru likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I will be incredibly relieved when it is confirmed that this cupcake is not on the Rockets and this thread is pushed down into oblivion.

With my luck, he will probably end up being Rocket and completely waste Harden's prime years.

ryano2009 likes this.
  15. PWR

PWR Member

Lol. Man, I just want to win. We must change something.

seeingred likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i thought the same about Ryan Anderson years ago, and not only we signed him, we also signed him to one of the worst contracts of the decade so, be ready ;)

17. csc177

csc177 Member

If he gains 40 pounds and becomes the fat Kevin Love we all loved and adored in Minny, I'll take him! Skinny K Love? Hard pass

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. basketballholic

False.

We can.

#399 basketballholic, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    mikol13 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

So, it looks like the Rockets expect Jimmy Butler to opt out and the only way to get him would be to clear out enough salary (almost impossible) or hope for a Sign and Trade (would most likely lose both Capela and Eric to make it work)

I'm against both of these options and am now on team: trade for Kevin Love. We are going to go away from full on switching next year and Love can become a dominant force on the glass in our system and his outlet passes are unmatched (just ask Harden how he feels about them or watch it here on the 11th slide of the story as of now. https://www.instagram.com/stories/tpizzzle/) Interesting tid-bit about his contract. This is year 1 of the four year extension and it's right around $29 Million. Years 2 and 3 are around $32 Million. The contract has lower amounts on the first and last years of the deal. Presumably they did this to make it easier to trade and I'm sure that was discussed in conversations when he extended.

These are rough numbers and I'm not a cap expert but here it goes.

if we need our salary to line up look at it like this. $29 = A X 125% . That means we need about $23.2 million in outgoing contracts. For reference we would need about $26 million in out going contracts (which is doable but would require a lot more maneuvering to obtain more NGT) for Butler and it would hard cap us following the deal.

Eric Makes $14 Million next year. Nene makes $ 3.6 million next year. Well that puts us at $17.6 Million meaning we are $5.6 million in non guaranteed contracts from being able to do a clean trade while keeping Capela and the rest of the core. We have $4.5 Million in guaranteed guys on July 12 in Chiozza, Frazier and Davis. Clark and Harty could also be used for matching purposes if necessary.

This trade allows us some flexibility in that we will not be hard-capped and we could potentially run out a team with PJ starting at the 3. We'd still have our full MLE, and the ability to resign House (hopefully) and Shumpert (maybe).

We would probably have to add in some draft compensation to Cleveland unless his contract is viewed as an albatross already which is possible but it would allow Cleveland to save about $14 Million next season and possibly $32 Million in 2020/21. Eric is also a great trade chip at the deadline and maybe a guy they would like to keep to mentor Sexton and Garland.

CP3
    Harden
    PJ
    Love
    Capela.

Love basically red-shirted last season because he didn't have any reason to play when the Cavs were better by being worse. But in his few games on the court he was rebounding as good as ever, shooting better than ever and making glorious outlet passes. Imagine him pushing the tempo here.

Bonus: He's been in a separate commercial with both James and Chris.

#400 treyk3, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Rudyc281 likes this.