1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Is there any way we can pry Danny Green away from the Raptors? I love this guy.

2. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

No more extra dribbling and shot creating for him too.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yea..Edited..Thx for catching that before it gets outta hand lol

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

no...more like that’s all Klay would be doing if he was playing with the Houston version of James Harden, the one that is always surrounded by limited role players and fading stars and is just doing what he has to do in order to get wins

Draymond is still very good with Durant...still made All-Star games with Durant...still won DPOY and made All-Defense every year with Durant...still averaged 7 apg with Durant...

Harden isn’t having 40% usage and doing much more ISO by himself than any team in the NBA with GS’s roster. Would their offense be as motion heavy as it is right now? No, but that doesn’t matter because they’d still be winning titles, and Klay and Draymond would still be excellent next to Harden.

Zboy likes this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would like to know how many of Klay's shots are spot up vs on the move, catch and shoots. I figure around half of EG's are of the spot up variety. From the little I see of the Warriors, it doesn't seem like many are spot up from Klay.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Warriors role players sucked in the first half but 2nd half they were clutch.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. biina

biina Member

You move to get open. No need to run around if you can spot up for an open look.

The real question is how many touches would Klay get playing next to Harden?

No one can say for sure cos Harden has never played with a shooter as good as Klay.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why so defensive sheesh?

No one is denying that Curry is a really great player.

I am saying Curry's All star teammates have played a huge hand in success and the narrative for both players would have been different if you switch out the teammates.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol as expected, the resident Curry nut hugger makes an entrance.

I am sure Harden's teammates get open looks magically and have nothing to do with Harden haha.

#869 Zboy, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I laugh at people that say Draymond and Klay are overrated.

If anything, they are underrated.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

If it's Curry, I might agree with you. But for Klay? That guy is just not good at that at all, he hardly shoot any FT at all.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

There really isnt some magic formula or some enchanted elixir that the Warriors are taking during the championship runs.

It's a simple formula.

Overload your team with talent because talent is king in playoffs.

They have had such an overabundance of talent on their team for most of the runs that they have enjoyed a high margin of error.

They can survive setbacks and adversities (be it injuries or players going through slumps or other teams playing at a high level) better than any other team because they have more and better options that any other team.

Winning more champions over time and going through deep playoff runs helps with the experience as well. They are naturally more battle tested than the rest of the league.

As does being together for so long which helps with their chemistry.

Unless teams come close to their talent level, it will always be an uphill battle for them.

#872 Zboy, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Blurr#7, rgw20014life and HP3 like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Fosters and Brothers showed up big time

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Warriors record w/o Curry is really mediocre. on the otherhand Warriors record without durant is still great

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Difference? Curry draws everyone's attention even when he is away from the ball, because he is constantly moving, while Harden took himself out of the game when without ball, and watch his teammates play 4 vs. 5.

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and Rocket104 like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

can we appreciates the refs being clutch?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Two things:

1) Regular season is not the same as playoffs. Do you seriously think Warriors were winning last year's ring without Durant? Warriors needed Durant's scoring. He is the one that kept them in the games when the others went cold during the Rockets series. Last year's Rockets were much better than this year's Rockets. They held the Warriors offense in check last year.

2) I was talking about Harden. Harden and Curry are more alike than Durant. Durant is a scorer. He does not run the offense like the other two do. The other two are scorers + facilitators.

#877 Zboy, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    HP3 likes this.
  18. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Absolutely true. I wouldn't put Harden above Curry and Durant in terms of talent level. Probably on par but definitely no edge there. Some may even argue that his style gets hurt more in the playoffs. It's always been an uphill battle. No matter what our system is and who our coach is. The odds are not in our favor. The most natural thing is to wait for the group to dissolve - but we are not putting ourselves in the most favorable position once that happens (i.e. lack of young talents, and lack of draft assets and cap room). I think this is what this offseason is about. We know that we are not good enough for this team and we will never be but getting into a better situation in terms of cap room/roster buildup will help us to compete in relatively long term

Zboy likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden did not shrink in game 5. I don’t know how many times I have to say this but the offense was not the problem against the Warriors.Harden moving off ball is towards the bottom of the priority list.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

agree for klay but dray would never be allowed by the refs to do in houston jersey what he does now...he wouldnt be half the player playing for rockets