1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBQ Snob: The Top 25 New Barbecue Joints in Texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

This is terrible advice.

VooDooPope and King1 like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Yo, I just talked to my butcher friend here in MF about beef ribs and I thought about ya. Give him a week's notice, 2 is better, and he can get you really good ones if you're ever interested in cooking at home. The Old Ingram Grocery in Ingram/Hunt and Harvest House in Johnson City are my other spots for fun stuff. You should try grilling some sweetbreads, so delicious.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hill-Country-Fine-Meats/155303594506589

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Nice, I appreciate it. Having butcher friends is the way to go. Tell me what time yours are coming off the smoker and I'll make the drive out that way. :)

I loved making bread and pizza on my big green egg but unfortunately I just sold it last month when I downsized even further, so not sure when I'll be firing up a grill/smoker.

In the past 2 years I've gone from living in 2500 sq foot on lake travis, to living in approx 70 sq ft in my Ford Transit i'm building out all around the lake. No room for a big grill in that small space although I have thought about putting a small BGE on a slide out drawer coming out of the back. For now I guess I'll have to just keep sampling beef ribs at all these great BBQ places popping up all over the state.

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Feges is ****! One of the worst BBQ places I have ever been.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol. what?
    care to explain?

I am no bbq snob but I love feges.

also, texas monthly could have put out a map that was slightly more useful. like at least show where the damn major highways are. sheesh.

6. Buck Turgidson

Hmm....so you can park next to any grill/pit you want to, huh?

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The Brisket is OK, but the rest of that crap is awful. All of the sides are drenched in oil, the chicken and sausage are sub par, and the stuff is wayyyy overpriced. Its easy to get away with that pricing in Greenway, because its a b**** to get out of the building for lunch. Can't wait until we move over to the old Conoco Philips property.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wait...what? A1? Pierce the meat? Did you learn to cook at Golden Corral? Does Appleby's just make the best steak for you? Please tell me that in a thread that's titled "BBQ Snob" you're kidding about using A1 and piercing meat before you cook it.

This is just nuts. I get it if it's just not your flavor but there's no way Feges is worse than Papas or Dickey's.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, not local (ATL), but, oh my...