1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to call Morey out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Jun 1, 2019.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Ariza is not the answer. He wasn’t then, and isn’t now. He’s the reason we didn’t get past GS in game 7 a few years ago when he went 0-9 from 3 and 0-12 overall for an Ofer.

Daryl Morey has done some good things but he’s nowhere close to being the best GM. Yes, he’s given us some exciting teams but we haven’t won a championship or even played in the finals since he became the GM 12 years ago, 12 freakin’ years. Not only that but I’m not sold on his analytics approach, and I find it a little mind boggling that his style of ball relies on 3-pt shooting but he continues to sign players that can’t shoot the 3. Can anyone say MCW? Throw in all the crappy FA signings and his obsession with certain players like Melo and Anderson, and I don’t see the bright light at the end of the tunnel with him in charge. I just don’t. It’s fools gold.

No, we need an offense with a more balanced attack to win when the 3 isn’t falling. Look at the top teams like GS, Toronto, Milwaukee, Denver, and Portland. All of these teams can shoot the 3 but also have an inside game offensively and guys big enough to defend down low. Our biggest issue with GS was defense, or lack thereof. No one could handle guys like Green, Looney, and
    Iguadola.

I’m not convinced we can go any further running Morey’s style of offense unless we sign a SF like a Darius Miller or Oubre. A guy in the mold of Royce O’Neal that can shoot and defend bigger guards and SF’s. The questions is whether Morey sees this as a priority. Will he sign another smallish guard? Probably.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Morey is as good as you can get. I am afraid our owner is the issue which can’t be fixed.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

My eyes hurt.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Spurs have a great coach, no need to pay tax, 4 rings.

Great GM + great coach = 4 rings

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Gordon contract could be another problem.

Tilman offer 3years, Gordon want 4year extension.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Even if KD leaves and goes to the East, we'd still have trouble getting past the KD-less Warriors and whoever comes out of the East.

Besides, Warriors will probably just sign another star ring-chaser to try and fill KD's hole.

7. Sanity2disChaos

So you saying GS can just sign another rotational (maybe star talent) replacement once Durant leaves?? Damn if so.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , they wont be able to replace KD with a free agent … They are capped out just like the Rockets , all they'll have is the T-MLE and veteran minimum contracts. Losing Durant doesn't get them any cap space.

They might get a solid player with that MLE but that guy wont be remotely close to KD in terms of ability. Maybe another Boogie Cousins type - former allstar but not a prime of the career guy who can carry the load.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should find out what happens to the Rox first, all this is just hot air.