1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Weird Kidnapping Story (Houston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, May 7, 2019.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

When lions take over a pride, they kill the cubs of the former lions before mating with the lionesses.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I like Quanell these days. Disappointed he defended a woman who will obviously be charged as well.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bond reduced from 1M to 45K.

Somebody is spilling the beans.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Ahhh.... the old "step dad" routine.

Everyone likes to fake and act like the step dad just loves the step kids..... when in reality, most the time the step kids are just nasty baggage that comes along with the mom.

Terrible, but it is true way too often.

Sajan likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-body-dumped-on-side-of-arkansas-road-quanell-x/5324808/

Law enforcement officials in Arkansas have found a black bag with bones and blood amid their search for missing Houston 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Community activist Quanell X told ABC13 Eyewitness News of the discovery. Hours earlier, Quanell told reporters that the suspect in the disappearance, Derion Vence, confessed that the girl died by accident and her body was dumped in Arkansas.

Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton added a road crew in Fulton, Arkansas, located the bag with a foul odor.

It's not yet confirmed whether the remains belong to the little girl.

Houston police said they were sending officers to the area.

On Friday, Quanell, told reporters about the new information he claimed to have received from Derion Vence, the suspect in Maleah's disappearance.

Quanell said he met earlier in the day with Vence, who has been behind bars since May 11. Among the key details shared with reporters, Quanell said Maleah is dead as a result of an accident. He did not specify how she died.

"All I can say is he told me it was an accident, and that she is dead and where he dumped her body," Quanell said.

Quanell met with reporters in a southwest Houston parking lot where he also met with Texas EquuSearch and detectives about what Vence told him.

Quanell withheld where he was told the body was dumped, only to say it was somewhere in Arkansas. He added that Vence was specific about the "distance and time" of the body's location.

"He said he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked off the side of the road, and dumped her body off the side of the road," Quanell said.

Quanell also revealed that Maleah's body was dumped there "early on," possibly indicating shortly after when the girl was first reported missing. The time of her death was not indicated.

Pressed on whether he believed Vence's latest story, Quannel was confident this is truthful.

"I think it's the truth. I don't think he was lying to me. I think he was telling the truth. Many men have confessed to this type of crime," he said.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He "accidentally" killed her then "accidentally" drove to Arkansas and "accidentally" put her in a black bag and "accidentally" threw the bag of the side of the road.

It was all an "accident". Probably should just let him out of jail now and go on with our day.

Invisible Fan and BullRider like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am usually critical of Qx but he does a good job coaxing confessions. Tragic story.

dachuda86 and Rocket River like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Shitty ass story from shitty ass people.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've liked Quanell the past few years. He had no business backing the mom, however. I feel she is just as guilty.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If he makes bond he's ghost.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No way he gets released at this point.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

And yet My friend buys a bunch of Rolexes and tries to go across the border due to Madoff backlash...

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Don’t get me wrong the suspect is a POS, but I agree with his lawyer, Q got an illegal confession. The lawyer is going to get it thrown out. Great job finding the body - you just effed the case.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm clueless in this regard - but how would it be any more illegal than, say, a friend confiding in another friend, and then that friend going to the police?

Rocket River likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suppose they could argue that he was acting as an agent of the police. Whether or not that argument is valid is another story.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't understand that. Quanell X isn't law enforcement.

Exactly. He's not an agent of the state.

dachuda86 and Rocket River like this.
  17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I assume the suspect isn’t bright. The argument could be the suspect believed he was getting legal advice/representation from Q who is not his lawyer and should not have had any access to the suspect. Not saying it will work but Q should have left that to the police.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Lawyer maybe throwing hail marys
    but
    Is QX a Minister? IF so it might be covered as a confessional thing

Rocket River

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fascinating. If this guy thought he was confiding in QX in a religious capacity, it's Priest–penitent privilege. But I'm with the majority in that this guy is not playing with a full deck and will get shuffled into the justice system for murder. At least in the clink he can bang dudes and not feel guilty about it.

dachuda86 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member