1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ringer] Is Daryl Morey About to Break Up the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, May 29, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You guys do know Daryl is in 2k mode in the offseason and the trade deadline.

How did Daryl end up Harden, he kept trading assets, acquired picks, traded Lowry for 14th pick, Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Martin

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Need more guys 6'6 and over!

Personally I think Capela is fine, and will be fine against the Warriors IF there is someone else on the court who can step into the lane to offer intimidation/ rebounding.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would rather the money be used on one of those 6’6” or slightly taller players that can give your team 38 minutes or
    more vs the Warriors. Capela averaged 29 minutes a game for the PO series.

Capela Plus/Minus each game of Warriors series:
    Game 1: (—17)
    Game 2: (—19)
    Game 3: (—8)
    Game 4: (+1)
    Game 5: (+8)
    Game 6: (—12)

That’s more minus than plus for my liking. Difference in the series was 11 points total. Capela killed us.
    I would rather pay MeGee $3M and go small with Tucker at the 5 vs Draymond (Hampton 5).
    Warriors will most likely lose Durant from the Hampton-5.......and Cousins. But they proved
    to me that they can be better with Curry/Klay/Iggy/Draymond because of spacing coupled
    with greater ability to move the ball (assists). Players don’t stand around watching Durant as
    much when he is gone.

#23 ApacheWarrior, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is more about options. We likely will have the same crew next season, but Morey is throwing out bait to see if any fish without eyes will bite. Those fish that will undersell players.

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

damn....just thinking....if we traded harden and picks to new orleans for AD and zion... then flipped cp to LA for kuz..

PG: Austin Rivers
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Kuz
    PF: Zion
    C: Anthony Davis

or even harden/capela and picks to new orleans for AD zion holiday... and still flipped cp to LA for kuz..

PG: Jrue Holiday
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Kuz
    PF: Zion
    C: Anthony Davis

kinda dirty

Jbarrachina likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Do it. Trade harden to NO for draft pick 1 and anthony davis.

Jbarrachina likes this.
  7. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets haven't accomplished anything, so there's nothing to break up. Here's the deal. Trading Paul for shorter contracts is easier if the players being received in return don't have to contribute, but the Rockets can't do that. They must get help in return. I just don't see how Morey can dump Paul for equal value and shorter deals. One or the other but not both.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He never had much respect as far as drafting goes tho, a very important task of a GM IMHO.

Morey has a flair for the dramatic and anarchy but would not surprise me if he’ d do some minor deals in the end.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I mentioned trading Harden after him quitting vs GS, you guys get emotional. 2 days later a report comes out that "everybody is on the table" including Harden. Some of you owe me a apology

cheke64 likes this.
  10. Homey the Clown

Warriors got this team traumatized

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He wanted several times to blow up the team when Les was owner but was thwarted. Granted, with those high draft picks he might have face-planted, given what his spreadsheets glowingly told him about Ricky Rubio, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Marcus Not-So-Smart. But he would have taken the high-draft-pick route if possible.

Otherwise, the late picks are semi-discardable, in the Morey worldview.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I fail to see the problem.

Richie_Rich and Sajan like this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yep. Houston can’t beat them in their current form and it’s a shame because the rockets have been REALLY good. Now it appears they are on the verge of blowing it all up, which I guess I’m okay with, but it’s sad at the same time. They were so close. After firing all of those assistants though, and Pringles looking like he’s out the door, it’s pretty apparent that this chapter is about to end.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Why is everybody so worried? gsws are going to lose to the Raptors and have to blow up their team also!

#34 Smacktle, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And they'll still beat us in the playoffs because the Warriors are our daddy

tc0330 likes this.
  16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

is it wrong to consider trading the face of your franchise if hes now 30 and your weighing his declining value vs his age for the next 3-5 years? do you flip now while you still can or wait 3-5 when you can get less

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

maybe we can flip capela picks and maybe another player for atlanta's top first 2 picks then flip those to knicks for RJ barrett and still try to trade cp to lakers for kuz

harden
    ego
    rj
    kuz
    center

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

1. You never get true value in return for trading your franchise player. Just look like at the most recent one: Kawhi.
    2. Do you want to be known as the GM who traded the MVP and who some consider to be the best offensive player in history?

smp and tc0330 like this.
  19. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Not sure if cp3 can be traded. Just keep him and let him bring the ball up most of the time. Need to switch the offense from iso to motion. Need to find a tall power forward for defense and rebounds too.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The issue isn't whether or not Harden can be traded--it's whether or not Paul can be moved. Harden should net us a few very good pieces but if we are hampered by Paul's salary for the next 3 years, it almost pointless to move James.

If you can turn Harden into, say, Tatum and Brown you would probably do it. However, those guys and the team is handcuffed, financially, because their point guard is making 30%+ of the salary cap for the next few years. You'll most likely be a mediocre team, getting a mediocre pick, and drafting a mediocre talent with said pick.