1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay reaction to missing all nba team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, May 23, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly.
    IMO he is a better version of Harrison Barnes
    I don't think he could ever be THE MAN on a team
    Hell . .. the book is. . . . make him dribble and his percentages plummet
    He is dependent on others more than those above him

Rocket River

javal_lon, smp and Jontro like this.
  2. lalala902102001

Come on Klay leave and prove you are an all NBAer elsewhere.

RyanB likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

He didn't even deserve to be an All Star let alone all NBA.

People really have short memories. He was HORRIBLE up until February or so.

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Klay Thompson Upset More About Résumé Than Money On All-NBA Omission

Klay Thompson narrowly missed a spot on an All-NBA team, which cost him the chance at an additional $30 million in free agency. But Thompson says he was more bothered by how it impacts his career résumé.

"The money's nice, but I'm just trying to build a résumé," he said. "And I see some other guys who played my position growing up, you know, the Ray Allens, Reggie Miller, Chris Mullin -- I try to be in that mold. They made, you know, three, four All-NBA teams -- I'm trying to get to that level. And it didn't happen this year, but hopefully, go to another Finals next year and it might happen then.

"But I just wanted to make that team so badly just because it's a huge honor thing, you know. Being recognized as a top-15 player in the best basketball league in the world, that's amazing. But like I said before, the opportunity to win a championship is greater."

Thompson was an All-NBA third team selection in 14-15 and 15-16.

"That is life. It's a worthy sacrifice, I'll tell you that much," Thompson said. "To be here, and to be on the global stage, I wouldn't trade it for the world, even an All-NBA. So I'm happy to be here, and I can't wait to come out and compete tomorrow."

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can Klay please just stfu...Beal had a better case than u, and he didn’t make it either

Jontro and jcmoon like this.
  6. jowman

jowman Member

Dude is JJ reddick with better defense. Lucky to be an all star, a champion and making the money he is. Plus he gets the advantages of being black without having to worry about being harassed by cops. What a crybaby. That said how the **** did Kyrie Irving make the 2nd team.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Does the 5th best player on the best team in the league really HAVE to make the all-NBA teams?

I mean, Klay is good, but is he great? I'd pick him over Kemba Walker every day, but does that mean he had a better season than Kemba Walker? No. All NBA teams should be the guys who had the best seasons, isn't that kind of the point?

If you're going to play 5th fiddle on a great team (which had a flat-ish regular season and didn't even win 60 games), you might expect NOT to make the all NBA team.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is my issue
    Honestly. . .. . . . Switch him and Kemba
    Which team gets better?

Have we EVER seen Klay initiate an offense?

Rocket River

GotGame15 likes this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wake me up when Klay scores one basket off the dribble. He's a great two way player no doubt but he would epic fail as a first option.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry but JJ Redick has never been close to score 30+ pts in 24 minutes or one half. Or 1 quarter.

There is a reason why KT has been an Allstar reserve, more than a couple flashes of brilliance, but inconsistent.

He certainly was even better when he was years younger. Curry lite without the passing and other stats.

#110 daywalker02, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Probably the Hornets get better, and Klay makes the all-NBA team!

BUT

He shouldn't make the all-NBA team by coasting along... Klay is a really good talent. One of the best shooters in NBA history, but letting Dray, Durant, Steph run the offence, and having Cousins there as a foil, means all he has to do is pick his spots and defend hard. I'm guessing he could average 25 a game with the Hornets and probably 4-5 assists a game.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Why EXACTLY do all All-NBA players have to be first option? Exceptional role players have been receiving All-NBA honours often and rigtfully so.

Rudy Gobert, Draymond Green, DeAndre Jordan, Joakim Noah...they do deserve those honours and so does Klay Thompson.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Let me get this straight. Are you implying that the best shooting guard in the NBA (in your words) is incapable of being a first option? Take away the All NBA discussion and think about that statement in a vacuum. Are you sure you want to go that direction?

The players you mentioned are all DPOY winners with the exception of DeAndre who came very close the year he made All NBA. Generally players who win All NBA awards carry their teams on the offensive end and if not then they better be arguably the best defensive player in the league. At the end of the day it is about the players who make the biggest impact in games. Klay is the third (third?) option on his own team. He is a very good defender. I'd even go as far as saying to no one's surprise, one of the best in the league on the perimeter. However he is not nor will he ever be a DPOY contender. We both know that.

Klay is surrounded by two (rightful) All NBA teammates who help him conserve energy so that he can play solid defense and also help him to get the looks he needs. If he were to play elsewhere, I would wager that even with an increased usage his defense would dramatically decline and his efficiency would obviously plummet. I'm not even sure he'd even average that many more points. Can you imagine Klay being double teamed trying to create for others? What would that assist to turnover ratio look like? I don't know man... he's above average at best with the ball in his hands.

And even though Klay might be the best fit for GSW, as far as the best SG in the league, I would take just off the top of my head Victor Oladipo before the injury, Bradley Beal and Demar Derozen ahead of Thompson. Klay is in a tier with Devin Booker, Luca Doncic, or even Donovan Mitchell who could all hypothetically pass him by the end of next season.

pippendagimp likes this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Klay is the biggest b**** on that team, he's not on donkey's level of annoying, but he's the most smug, arrogant and cocky guy on that team and he does not back it up all that often! He needs to shut up. Did you hear him in the press conference? We're champions boohoo..

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

youre the fake champions klay..tony brothers and scott foster are the real champions

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'll one up him and say he deserves mvp. boom!

17. xaos

xaos Member

Klay deserves a kid's cup of chocolate milk

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

klay is a bottom feeder as far as allstars go

19. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Definitely played like a bottom feeder tonight.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The klay special

Show up once a week and casuals think hes a star