1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) MDA has ended contract talks with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 30, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think they should consider EVERYTHING. In a prudent, smart way. Not a fire sale.

Which seems to be what they’re doing maybe???

The coaching strategy is a bit of a head scratcher though.

HP3 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This could be big news or it could mean nothing .

The talks may ended poorly or both sides might have wanted to see what things look like after next season ,

I don't think we will know

3. a time to chill

I don't think we should overreact to this news. Where else is D'Antoni going to go? Let D'Antoni prove next year he deserves an extension. The only thing I'm concerned about are the assistant coaches.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I guess, But all this seems si strange to me bro. This has been such a weird off season.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

It is, but maybe it's mostly cause multiple reports are coming out and we don't really know what's really going on behind the scenes. Personally, the coach issue is not a big deal, i'm much more scared about the potential friction between James and Chris.

Mathloom and HP3 like this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Man, why does he look so nervous in the video.

Is it so normal? Could it be seen as an insult to MDA?

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

calm down people geez.
    Its still late may after the end of a tough season and ending.

By factual standards rockets end the year somewhere around 2-4 best in nba.
    Gsw is a historic team.
    There can only be one team and be happy we are in the top 5-10 of the league.

Tilwhack is a jack off to be sure but give him his chance to cut costs.

We still have a core of harden capela cp3 and options with gordon and tucker.

That is a team enough that you all need to calm the f down about.

As far as coach as well obviously tilstink is trying to push dantony out. He probably will hire the gm at saltgrass or maybe he can snag van chancellor. The idea is this is now 'his team' and as with any new ownership in any business not just sports the new regime will change parts out like this.

Sop people.
    Act like you been there just a bit once maybe. I swear you guys want this team to suck.
    All going on about how crazy last offseason was and again we are like top 2-5 in nba..

Stfu geez.
    Harden for ad?

smp likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

He will attach 2100y unprotected first round pick just so he can exchange it for scrub coach but on a lesser contract

Will likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Morey, classy as always. Everything in his world goes through ms excel

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Who in their right mind would extend MDA? What has he accomplished? The guy needs to retire. He doesn't make in-game adjustments. He doesn't believe in time-outs to stop momentum. He doesn't seem to have the nuts to check Harden. Morey wants to give him a performance based extension for 1 year. Performance based contracts work. Does anyone remember Capela really focused on trying to make his FT incentive? So when he missed it, how did he perform afterwards? He dropped 200 basis points (20%) in the playoffs vs the regular season (63.6% vs 42.9) Money motivates and I really like the incentive clause in contracts. Times have changed. Either perform or kick rocks.

13. omgTHEpotential

Make no mistake, our #1 asset is not Harden. It's Morey himself. And as long as Morey is here, this team won't become the new Lakers or Kings or Suns.

sugrlndkid, Vivi and BMoney like this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not really - you overestimate the our situation vis-a-vis the ongoing cluster**** that is the Los Angeles Lakers.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's such a terrible liar. He's such an a-hole, and agents and players and coaches are going to know things that we don't know.

Someone just reported that MDA was willing to take a 1-year extension. If that's true - and one report doesn't necessarily confirm anything - then once again Tilman is caught lying his ass off to Rockets fans.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I made it to page 8 and didn't see what I've been thinking since the news blew up. I think Morey is trying to sign a topflight player, maybe a topflight superstar with a player option, and he's telling him that you pick the coach. If he's available and Harden agrees, we'll let Mike D'Antoni go and hire your guy. That's the only thing that makes sense, at least to me. Maybe it still won't be enough to get the guy you want, but it's another arrow Daryl could have in his quiver.

chievous minniefield, Easy and BamBam like this.
  17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yeah, he is full of ****.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure how you came to that conclusion tbh. what coach is out there that is some favorite of a will be superstar FA

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can't be stated, enough. With the HC in flux, who would want to come here to be an asst. coach for a year, and then get fired? There's no stability, unless you're groomed to be the next HC. Which I doubt that's what the Rockets are trying to do.

20. sap71015

sap71015 Member

Why does Tilman need to come out and do interview every time there is a story out? He should be in the running for DPOY at this point. This might work when running bunch of mediocre restaurants, but not in basketball.

Little Bit likes this.