1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So this has all been a giant failure?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, May 29, 2019.

1. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

I can't see that happening but if it did Durant would be the biggest villain of all time because Warriors fans would hate him for coming here. I can't find much evidence they like him much now

(Oh and by the way, we'd be awesome.)

2. HROZ

HROZ Member

Last year was our only real chance

Paul has Declined and his big contract meant we couldn't keep our good defensive forwards that were such a huge part of our team last year.

If CP3 comes back as good as he was last year then sure. But that would be a miracle. Nobody gets better after they turn 34.

saleem and Highlyrated like this.
  3. HROZ

HROZ Member

Durant wouldn't be a villain if he came here I mean we just aren't that good tbh.

Probably the 5th best team in the league this year after
    Bucks
    Sixers
    Raptors
    Warriors
    In no particular order

4. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

We would have faverd better with Rivers in the line up, Chris Paul the guy didn't fu%kn$how up..We pay you play

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

And then Kevin Martin netted us Harden, chess not checkers...

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When was the last time we had a quiet off-season?!?!?!?

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I hope you like watching your team struggle to a .500 record and a #14 pick every year, because the team you described will be doing exactly that.

saleem likes this.
  8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

CP3 finally did show up tbh, it's just that he's not aging well, no fault of his own. He relied far more on his athleticism then most gave him credit for, including Morey. Definitely now the worst contract in the NBA, Morey almost certainly has some buyer's remorse. IQ can only get you so far when your body begins to break down.

saleem likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL if you trade Harden you better get Tatum and #9 pick back.

If I were Morey I'd talk to them about trading Harden and EG for JJJ and #2 pick.

10. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

stfu

11. Buck Turgidson

I'm watching Rox Knicks Game 7 and it always makes me smile.

So no, this has not been a fail. I'm happy to be a fan of the 2nd best team in the NBA for the past 3 years.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think they also got the pick for Steven Adams, so did not get away empty handed.

13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Your mom should have pulled out, cause your dad pooped out an idiot.

14. alethios

alethios Member

I wouldn't call a 65 win season and being a hamstring injury/friendly ref call away from the finals a giant failure. But that's just me.

saleem, xaos, Madano and 2 others like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he is not giving up. We were never all in to beat the warriors once he didn't resign Moute and ariza, and traded our first to get under the salary cap.....The rockets are strictly business. James harden is good enough to get you to the playoffs and be a borderline contender. They're not going over the cap unless its someone like jimmy butler or another true difference maker.

But there is hope, once teams strike out in free agency, someone will take CP off our hands....i wouldn't be surprised if we even get good return on him..you know why? NBA is a business. CP3 is still good enough to make certain fans interested because their teams needs anyone, even CP3. And CP3 will put some fans in the seats and that's what this is all about, and that's why he's paid that much. Even though he's declining, little kids don't know that right? high school kids? they don't care, he's still good. The dad wants to take his family to the game for entertainment. Harden and CP3 are good for that.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

There are smart posters, and posters that thought acquiring CP3 was a bad idea at the time.

The crossover between the two groups is zero.

There are smart posters, and posters that think CP3 currently has negative trade value.

The crossover between those two groups is also zero.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think Morey has done a great job. He maximized Harden's skillset and built a team that would have beaten GSW if not for extremely unlikely and unfortunate 0-27 series. We didn't win a ring, but that doesn't mean this team wasn't good. It was great and I'm proud of them.

xaos likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

in a way I'm glad the expectation is hou just needs to beat GS. obviously its disappointing the results didn't turn out that way but they made those expectations for themselves. Rather than everyone else is like we need to beat Portland, denver, okc etc. all teams who still are clearly below the tier. And still trying to catch up.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They did fine all things considered. A break here and there and they couldve been in the finals or won them. Not too shabby when you have one of the all time teams in your way.

That being said, i think they realized they couldn't keep betting on getting a break here or there. It's going to take a different kind of culture and talent to step on GS soundly. A big problerm is James himself but you have to handle that carefully because superstars don't grow on trees.

Little Bit likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not a failure. Just didn’t quite make it.

saleem likes this.